Vine operators required

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Vine operators required

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Now that volume 2 of the tribute is finished we need to get it out there, last time many of the vines descended into chaos, so I think we need to narrow down the options this time and also have fewer running, this may take longer but the headaches will be shorter.

There will be 2 format options available in each vine:
1 x DVD Rom with all 3 discs in SHN format
3 x Audio CD

This will mean we should only need to run 3 vines this time around and still cater to everyone, if there are large numbers in one territory then perhaps a vine could be split into 2 if necessary.

Heres the vines that I need running:

UK / Europe
US / Canada
Rest of the World

Note: You do not have to be based in either of those territories in order to run the appropriate vine.

Once the vine operators step forward each will have their own thread in this section for signing up to and the ongoing distribution progress.

If you would like to volunteer to run a vine please PM me.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henno

Post by henno »

Stu.. can i make a suggestion??

how about a tree and branch / leaf method??

making it more country..ified, ie a North American branch, a UK/ireland Branch, a central european branch, a scandanavian branch, an australasian branch, a rest of the world branch......etc
in this way it would get out quicker to everyone,

thus taking the responsibility for administeing the vine off you or whoever??

if you need a tree admin i would be happy to volunteer....
just a suggestion, what do you think??
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Hey Stu - put me down on your volunteer list. Whichever way it goes, distribution is my middle name 8)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Trusty Mooner to the rescue! :smt023
henno wrote:if you need a tree admin i would be happy to volunteer....
just a suggestion, what do you think??
That is an excellent idea! Would you and Mooner be able to make it work please? That would be really useful.

What I would suggest would be running the tree from the vines / tree section of the forum and I'll add a locked sticky to this section of the forum with a link to your thread, that way people that visit the tribute section but not the vine / tree section will be aware and vice versa.

If you need to PM me for anything please feel free to, I'll do all I can to help but of course it really would be handy if I could do as little as possible as tickets for the tribute show should have gone on sale today, typically the venues website is playing up but that should be sorted shortly and then that will be eating into my time, I ordered 5000 flyers today ready for handing out at the Aussie Floyd gig saturday, if only a quarter of the people at that gig come along we'll sell out! and our show is half the price and 4 times as long!
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

yeah ... whatever you need me to do , count me in ...
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I think it would be better if you had the 3CD set is SHN format, instead of audio-cd, cause some poeple who may want to trade it would probably like it to be in shn/flac format, instead of audio-cd format.
henno

Post by henno »

if we branch it out we can leave the option open to the leaves whether they want it lossless or audio....

ive been on to mooner and am awaiting a response, im quite willing to organise this tree.... its gets out to people quicker...
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

jambo wrote:I think it would be better if you had the 3CD set is SHN format, instead of audio-cd, cause some poeple who may want to trade it would probably like it to be in shn/flac format, instead of audio-cd format.
The set will be included in SHN on DVD-Rom with the audio discs, this keeps things down to just 3 territorial vines with a minimal amount of discs to keep postage costs low. Last time we got a bit over ambitious with the vines and they became messy so Ive just gone with the 2 most popular options this time in 1 handy bundle, I know not everyone has a DVD-Rom but I find it impossible to believe that theres anyone that will sign up without access to one, now Ive said that it'll just be my luck if the worlds first 18th century hermit with physics defying internet access fancies a listen to some Floyd covers! :oops:
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Of course there are people without dvd-roms/burners. My girlfriend only just bought one. Peopel without them, who signed up for this vine, would not be able to get the SHNs for the tribute album, which is just silly.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

henno wrote:if we branch it out we can leave the option open to the leaves whether they want it lossless or audio....

ive been on to mooner and am awaiting a response, im quite willing to organise this tree.... its gets out to people quicker...
Ooops, missed this, I think we were posting at the same time, what I'll do is send all 4 discs onto you and Mooner that way you can organise it in whatever way the demand goes, if theres more demand for SHN on CD this time then the DVD Rom could be burnt as 3 CDs and that could be a branch. I'll probably put None Of Us Is Pink on the DVD Rom too, it'll fit so I might as well, that way if anyone signs up that doesnt have it already then result, if not well, it can just be ignored.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

jambo wrote:Of course there are people without dvd-roms/burners. My girlfriend only just bought one. Peopel without them, who signed up for this vine, would not be able to get the SHNs for the tribute album, which is just silly.
But your girlfriend knows you, you could transfer the files from the DVD Rom, im not saying theres poeople without them, Im saying I dont believe theres people without access to them.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

And of course all of these will be available on the tracker! 8)
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Keith Jordan wrote:And of course all of these will be available on the tracker! 8)
And of course i will seed it like the seed-whore i am :lol:.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

My end will include North America and the rest of the solar system - unless things overload and another tree is required. (you ready wiped ? :wink: )

please email me at [email protected]

please include the following:
i. your country of origin as the subject
ii. your address as the message body
iii. your NPF username
iv. whether you want to be a branch or leaf
v. in what format you want to recieve in ie. dvd shn/flac, cd shn/flac, cd audio

to be a branch you must do the following:
1. have access to a dvd burner
2. agree to convert into whatever format the leaf wishes ie. dvd shn/flac, cd shn/flac, cd audio
3. agree your own trade (if any)

There's been some talk regarding disk formats... audio, shn/flac, CD/DVD... if you NEED to have a preference, let me know in your email.
kaustubh
Axe
Axe

Post by kaustubh »

OK Mooner, U ready, Me ready.
Rest of the solar system and North america are at your ends

mail sent from India.