Tickets now on sale for Brighton NPF live show!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Tickets now on sale for Brighton NPF live show!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Tickets are now on sale for this years NPF live show. A much larger venue has been chosen this time for what will be a much larger event!

A number performers involved with the NPF tribute CDs will be coming together at The Komedia in Brighton, England on September 23rd to bring you a 10 hour Pink Floyd tribute marathon! Headlining the show will be 2 of the UK's leading tribute bands Darkside, Us Not Them and Breathe. The show will feature at least seven acts performing material spanning the whole Pink Floyd back catalogue from ''Piper at the Gates of Dawn'' through to ''The Division Bell'' and also taking in a handful of choice cuts from the solo albums, this could be the most comprehensive Floyd show ever! The venue also includes a full bar and restaurant facilities with waitress service to your seat so you dont need to miss a thing if you get hungry!

Doors open at 4 p.m. until 2 a.m.

Tickets are priced ?15.00 and are available online from the Komedia box office here...
http://www.komedia.co.uk/event.php?id=4 ... 1159023601

Alternatively you can order from the box office by phone on: +44(0)1273 647100

Or visit the box office in person in Gardner Street, Brighton (off West Street).

Heres a useful link for accomadation in the Brighton area...

http://tourism.brighton.co.uk/accommodation/

Performers confirmed so far:

Darkside http://www.ukdarkside.tk
U.K. Floyd tribute band Darkside will be bringing the event to a close with a lengthy selection of ''greatest hits'' and surprises focusing heavily on 70s period Floyd.
Darkside can be heard performing ''San Tropez'' on the ''NPF Tribute Volume 2: The Return of the Sons of Neptune'' C.D. set.

Us Not Them http://www.usnotthem.co.uk
One of the newest additions to the line up and another UK based tribute band. Us Not Them will be performing a selection of old and newer favourites.

Breathe http://www.breathefloyd.co.uk
Our newest addition to the lineup will be providing a selection of VERY big tunes form Floyd's 70's back catalogue.

Swedish Whistler
I am delighted to announce that Swedish Whistler have confirmed an appearance! They will be travelling all the way from Sweden to play at the show! These folks will be giving us a look back at the genius of Syd and more besides.
Swedish Whistler can be heard on ''None Of Us Is Pink'' performing ''Vegetable Man'' and can also be heard of ''Return of the Sons of Neptune'' performing ''Golden Hair''.

The Amber Herd
The Amber Herd will be bringing to life a breezy selection of ''post-Barrett'' - ''pre-Dark Side of the Moon'' acoustic numbers, and perhaps a little more. Vocalists and Guitarist Neil Beards can be seen around the NPF forum posting as ''Neil1567/2''.
The Amber Herd can be heard performing ''The Thin Ice'' on the ''NPF Tribute Volume 2: The Return of the Sons of Neptune'' C.D. set, and will be heard performing ''If'' on volume 3!

Fat Old Man & Guests http://www.fatoldman.co.uk
A veteran of NPF shows (all 1 of them!!), Fat Old Man will be returning this year with additional musicians to give a new slant on some old classics. Forum regulars will no doubt have seen Fat Old Man posting as ''black bobble''.
Fat Old Man can be heard performing ''On The Run'' on the ''NPF Tribute Volume 1: None Of Us Is Pink'' C.D. set, ''Waiting For The Worms'' on the ''NPF Tribute Volume 2: The Return of the Sons of Neptune'' C.D. set, and will also be heard performing ''Mathilda Mother'' on volume 3!

Barney Netherwood
Possibly the most prominent forum member of those peforming, you will have no doubt seen posts by his alias ''Norbert Wilkins'', the question is ''what on Earth is he going to do?''.
Barney Netherwood can be heard performing ''Is There Anybody Out There?'' and ''The Final Cut'' on the ''NPF Tribute Volume 1: None Of Us Is Pink'' C.D. set, ''Goodbye Blue Sky'' on the ''NPF Tribute Volume 2: The Return of the Sons of Neptune'' C.D. set, and will also be heard performing ''Lucifer Sam'' on volume 3, all under various dinosaur disguises!

Forum Collaboration
An almost random selection from the Floyd back catalogue dipping into just about every era, featuring forum members thrill-seeker, PublicImage and simpledumbpilot plus guests.

..and if thats not enough the music will be accompanied by lightshows and projections utilising 3 screens, including that all important circular one!

Altho the above bands do have 10 hours of Floyd material combined, the option is still available if other NPF members would like to take part, Im still hoping to persuade Jonesy's band, ''Nonbeliever'', to return after last years excellent headline slot.

We have an excellent team of technical staff working with us this year, and as luck would have it the head technician at the Komedia is a huge Floyd fan who not only knows what to expect but has been putting in ideas and working with the project, also he informs me that his technical staff have been arguing over who will work on the day as they are all enthusiastic to do it!

It is our intention to put together a 5 minute video tribute to Syd Barrett to be shown at the concert. The video will take the form of a collage set to a medley of Syd's songs that appear on the NPF tribute CDs. If you would like to send any messages, pictures, drawings or anything else that you would like to be included and projected on the screens at the shows please e-mail [email protected]. The completed video will also be made available for download on the NPF website.

Hopefully see you there folks!

A big thanks to Bran for designing the logo for this years show!
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Woah, this looks very cool. I hope I can be there..
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

PublicImage wrote:Woah, this looks very cool. I hope I can be there..
That would be ace if you could make it, perhaps you could get involved??

Oh, just thought, for those interested in Floyd landmarks, if youre outside the front of the Komedia turn right and then right again and you'll be standing outside Brighton Dome, hmm, maybe next year ;)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

It would be fun performing something, but I'll probably have trouble getting a band together... :(
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

PublicImage wrote:It would be fun performing something, but I'll probably have trouble getting a band together... :(
I'll be on keyboards and you on guitar......we could do a duet :lol:

Though seriously I am still looking to join up with other members or non-members to play some stuff....I'm not having much luck though :( :cry:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

If you can find a bassist and a drummer I would happily fill in as guitarist! :)
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

PublicImage wrote:If you can find a bassist and a drummer I would happily fill in as guitarist! :)
Well currently me and Simpledumbpilot have been talking about getting a group together...he will be on bass...also he has a friend who could possibly do the drums or perhaps one of the other drummers in the confirmed bands could join in. So if you want to join in then that would be fantastic ! :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Sounds good to me! Should be fun!
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Y'know, I might just buy a ticket for a souvinir :smt025
The lineup looks very cool - will there be a recording? hmm? :wink: :wink: :smt064 :smt064
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Don't know for certain if I'm going to be able to make it or not...but if I can, I'd LOVE to play some guitar...or bass...or drums for someone...that is, if I may use someone else's gear :D
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

I wish I lived in England....would love to be a part of that.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Any chance of Australian leg?
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

jambo wrote:Any chance of Australian leg?
ask Rolf Harris he's got a spare one ... :lol: :?
Markyboyacebassist
Axe
Axe

Post by Markyboyacebassist »

jonesy wrote:
jambo wrote:Any chance of Australian leg?
ask Rolf Harris he's got a spare one ... :lol: :?
Have you ever noticed how Rolfs vocals can sound like Roger Waters? 8) When i first heard Rolf on Kate Bushes new album i thought it was Roger.
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

I guess my board name says it all :smt022