Tickets now on sale for Brighton NPF live show!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

PublicImage wrote:
matknny wrote:Yea there is and thanks to Publicimage im on it :)

Thanks Rog
I'd like apologise in advance for his behavior at this gig! I am very sorry!
Im im allowed down so in advance id advise to bring lots of food

Only kiding
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Just so you know,I tried today and the venue aren't reserving tables for the tribute show.No surprises really as you'd need to make yr meal last for 10 hours! Guess it'll be a first come first served do so get yr tickets soon before they all go!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Just a quick note to say that I've added the following details to the first post in this thread...

It is our intention to put together a 5 minute video tribute to Syd Barrett to be shown at the concert. The video will take the form of a collage set to a medley of Syd's songs that appear on the NPF tribute CDs. If you would like to send any messages, pictures, drawings or anything else that you would like to be included and projected on the screens at the shows please e-mail [email protected]. The completed video will also be made available for download on the NPF website.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I've been seeking out some accomodation down in Brighton but there seems to be a lot of places to choose from. The Beach Hotel a cheap little place that looks alright but I'm just wondering if there's anywhere in particular that you would recommend Stu ? :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Heres a useful link for accomadation in the Brighton area, I'll add it to the first post too...

http://tourism.brighton.co.uk/accommodation/
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

thrill-seeker wrote:I've been seeking out some accomodation down in Brighton but there seems to be a lot of places to choose from. The Beach Hotel a cheap little place that looks alright but I'm just wondering if there's anywhere in particular that you would recommend Stu ? :)

Thrills Im looking for accommodation as well if I find somewhere nice Ill post a link - might take stu's advice and look around the Hove area as well

If you find somewhere first mail me
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Here is one to miss

The New Europe Hotel

Hands-down, this is the largest, busiest, and most fun gay hotel in Brighton. First, it's a bona fide hotel, not a B&B as most of Brighton's other gay-friendly lodgings are. Unlike many of its competitors, it welcomes women, though very few of them tend to be comfortable. Because of the high jinks and raucousness that can float up from the bars below, rooms can be noisy but are nonetheless comfortable, clean, and unfrilly. All units have well-kept bathrooms with shower units. The staff is happy to camp it up for you before your arrival (adding balloons, champagne, flowers, and streamers), for a fee.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

drafsack wrote:
thrill-seeker wrote:I've been seeking out some accomodation down in Brighton but there seems to be a lot of places to choose from. The Beach Hotel a cheap little place that looks alright but I'm just wondering if there's anywhere in particular that you would recommend Stu ? :)

Thrills Im looking for accommodation as well if I find somewhere nice Ill post a link - might take stu's advice and look around the Hove area as well

Thanks Draf but fortunetly Stu has sorted me out a makeshift bed at his place :D I think the Beach Hotel looked alright. But it all depends on how much you're willing to pay :)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

thrill-seeker wrote:
drafsack wrote:

Thanks Draf but fortunetly Stu has sorted me out a makeshift bed at his place :D I think the Beach Hotel looked alright. But it all depends on how much you're willing to pay :)
Probably going to go to the travelodge which is about a mile away from the venue - All I have to do now is blag my way onto the guest list or failing that buy a ticket :wink:
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

drafsack wrote:
Probably going to go to the travelodge which is about a mile away from the venue - All I have to do now is blag my way onto the guest list or failing that buy a ticket :wink:
You're going to have to bribe your way onto the guestlist :D
Markyboyacebassist
Axe
Axe

Post by Markyboyacebassist »

filthyfish wrote:Have PigFloyd managed to replace their Keyboards ? might be that or Exiled lab rat would cover for a suitable fee, if they were to ask him nicely.
Pig Floyd, as all the other performers at the NPF Tribute evening are giving their services for gratis.
It's a shame we have been left in the lurch due to our keys player deciding to let us know at the last minute he intends to now reside in Italy.
We thank you for your interest but we have no interest in paying session fees.
Markyboyacebassist
Axe
Axe

Post by Markyboyacebassist »

filthyfish wrote:
Markyboyacebassist wrote: Pig Floyd, as all the other performers at the NPF Tribute evening are giving their services for gratis.
It's a shame we have been left in the lurch due to our keys player deciding to let us know at the last minute he intends to now reside in Italy.
We thank you for your interest but we have no interest in paying session fees.
Ok i was just trying to help.. good luck with the click and sequencer.. :wink:
Thank you for your offer & good luck to you too :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

FYO

The travelodge in brighton is Full :x so Im staying in hickstead which is 9 miles away
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Damn!t wrote:And try to speak in metaphors. :D
That'll be a breath of fresh air!

Sorry, I like to fill this place with references that only one person will understand!

Anyway...How well are the tickets selling?
palfrey
Embryo
Embryo

Post by palfrey »

PublicImage wrote:If you can find a bassist and a drummer I would happily fill in as guitarist! :)
HI there..........
I just joined as I will be coming along this Saturday.

I am coming with a good friend who has just finished touring on drums with another Floyd tribute band. Is there a need for a drummer on the night still? sure he can bring his kit or sticks !!!!!

:D