the current situation with the tribute CDs

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

the current situation with the tribute CDs

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Hi folks,

I thought I should post a message to let you know the current situation with Volume 2, Discs 1 and 2 are finished and I have them sitting on my computer in SHN format all ready and waiting, but The Wall has been proving a huge problem, it's still currently 20 seconds over, Saturday it was nearly 2 minutes over tho so I am almost there, I just need make a few cuts here and there so it will fit on a disc and then its done, it will be available before the PULSE DVD, I promise!

Cheers
Stu
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Am really looking forward to it! Good work Stu and everyone!! 8)
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

HEY STU ! ,,,,,,,,,IS THERE NO HOPE AT AAALLLLL
TOGETHER WE STAND ......DEVIDED WE FALL WE FALL We fall we fall <---- did you see what did there :wink:
Last edited by jonesy on Mon May 08, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

Thank you for the update Stu. :wink:
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

Why don't you make an overburn: 20 seconds isn't that much.
A couple of days ago I burnt a CDR with 1 min 45 overburn. You are talking about 20 seconds. I think you can take the risk.

EDIT:
by the way: you can say: people make your choice: go for four discs or for the overburn, isn't it?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

carefule eugene wrote:by the way: you can say: people make your choice: go for four discs or for the overburn, isn't it?
Well, the thing is, its not really worth starting a 4th disc just for Outside The Wall and a lot of people refuse to do overburning. I had a bit of a play around earlier and edited some of the sound effects parts a bit more and freed up another 5 seconds so it is close, I've got a band rehearsal tonight so that'll be it for today now but its almost there.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Cant you speed one of the longer songs up by a small factor to make up the last 20 seonds?

Overburn sounds like a terrible idea to me! Keep it as generic and a tech-free as possible!! 8)
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Keith Jordan wrote:Cant you speed one of the longer songs up by a small factor to make up the last 20 seonds?
8) Damn clever!
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Mooner wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Cant you speed one of the longer songs up by a small factor to make up the last 20 seonds?
8) Damn clever!
actually our version of ABITW3 could be sped up at the end.....that would be kinda cool I think...LOL
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

I have been toying with the idea, it looks like it may be the only solution as I've trimmed everything I can without butchering, basically theres not much by way of sound fx between songs now, I think the music should take presidence, it still works tho, just those damn few seconds, I'll see what I can do with some subtle speed adjustment.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I cant be bothered doing the maths but I can imagine there would only be a very tiny increase in the overall frequency of the audio if you actually increased the fewquency of the whole disk to make it fit!! Presumably you are making one big piece of audio seagued together then tracking it at appropriate places? Well shortening the whole disc would be a good thing because 1) it would be less noticable between the two songs which sandwich the one being adjusted 2) it would keep the whole disc consistent to squeeze it all a little! 8)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

I dont think it'll hurt to time-stretch or in this case - squash 1 or 2 songs so I'll have a rummage through the songs tomorrow, I did it to 2 tracks on volume 1, no one noticed, not even the people that did the songs :D , so I guess that'll be the way to go, it'll be quicker to just do a couple of songs rather than the whole disc, Id have to check the whole thing in case of errors too whereas this way I'll probably only need to re-listen to about 10 minutes.
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

Burn it on to a 800mb CD
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

mark crossfade on 2 minutes. now that would be fun to hear.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

matknny wrote:Burn it on to a 800mb CD
I don't think that every single person who downloads this will be using 800mb CDs.