the current situation with the tribute CDs

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think fitting to 74 mins will ensure everyone can copy/listen to it. Standards are a great thing! 8)
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

The last set had about 79:55 on each disc, and no-one seemed to mind. To be honest, I'd find it hard to find any 74 minute discs any more!!

What was that all about anyway Stu? You wasted a full 15 seconds of valuable disc space!! :P
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

db_intheflesh wrote:What was that all about anyway Stu? You wasted a full 15 seconds of valuable disc space!! :P
LOL, I thought people might get burnt out on it if the discs were too long :lol:
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

And, how is it going Stu? It's a time ago we 've heard some news!

:smt039
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

carefule eugene wrote:And, how is it going Stu? It's a time ago we 've heard some news!

Howdy, its actually all finished, funnily enough I popped on here to get Keiths address to post it out but Ive just seen the poll about the preferred format, its all sitting here in SHN at the moment, now I dont know what to do???
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

ooohh! i can't wait to hear it!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote: Howdy, its actually all finished, funnily enough I popped on here to get Keiths address to post it out but Ive just seen the poll about the preferred format, its all sitting here in SHN at the moment, now I dont know what to do???
We'll just go with the SHN then. Feel free to post them on to me or torrent them if you have the bandwidth!! If you are going to torrent them, torrent each CD separate with the MD5 and info file with track listing and a link to http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/npf_trib/ saying the artwork can be downloaded form that page at a later date.

Or you can send them to me and I will torrent them, la!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Looking forward to it!
carefule eugene
Knife
Knife

Post by carefule eugene »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
carefule eugene wrote:And, how is it going Stu? It's a time ago we 've heard some news!

Howdy, its actually all finished, funnily enough I popped on here to get Keiths address to post it out but Ive just seen the poll about the preferred format, its all sitting here in SHN at the moment, now I dont know what to do???
Ow, I just voted for flac, but shn is also good for me.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

carefule eugene wrote:Ow, I just voted for flac, but shn is also good for me.
:oops: Me too. Guess I should read the threads more thoroughly before I click things on these occasional fleeting visits (which is all I seem to get time to make these days...)

Anyway, good work everyone and Stu in particular. Love the artwork too. Can't wait to hear it.

BTW. I can do the torrent thing these days (new office with broadband and no ridiculous port forwarding setup) so that's one bonus, even if I don't get the time to browse round here much any more.