NPF Tribute CD Volume 2 - review centre

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!

You say...

I liked the first one better
17%
Second one rocks!
83%

Total votes: 12

crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

NPF Tribute CD Volume 2 - review centre

Post by crofloyd »

Well, folks, what do you think? Is it better then the first one? What tracks would you chose as your favourite? I'm still dl mine, so I'll be able to tell in a few days... 8)
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

I haven't listened to CD 1 and 2 yet...... But The Wall is Friggen Brilliant....congrats to all....... am just starting CD 1 now \:D/
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

Can't make up my mind - both excellent.
I was blown away by the first one becauseI wasn't expecting the high quality whereas I knew this one was going to be quality so it didn't surprise me so much. But this one is every bit as good as the last.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Add another option "Both are excellent", I can't choose.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Yeah, The Wall is amazing. Great performances and mucho kudos to Stu for cementing it all together so perfectly!

Haven't had a proper listen to the first two discs yet, but from the few bits I've heard, they're just as good.

David
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

npf 2

Post by Arnie Layne »

I was really blown away by cd 1, "Let there be more light" was damn sexy & spooky at the same time, never heard that in music before! I'm saving cd 2 for tonight, I like all of it, far better than the last one, not a bad track on there, fantastic work everyone :D
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

"let there be more light" is awesome...i sound a bit like an audiobook reader, haha, but i like how you fit my part in, stu. not bad considering when i recorded it (a year ago) i didn't even know the song! the singer is great as well, everything about it is just really good.

i'll be listening to the rest of the songs probably tonight or tomorrow...can't wait! :)
Patrik
Axe
Axe

Myself I find Vol 2 much better!!

Post by Patrik »

Have just started the listening but even that I enjoy vol 1 alot I already can hear that I will find volume 2 much better!!
Very impressive!! Already mentioned Let There Be More Light is a direct favourite - Arnold Layne is another one with a updated cool great guitar solo. And The Wall Suite - Amazing!!

Now back to the listening :-)

Thanks to Stu and all other people who have made this tribute!!
Patrik
Axe
Axe

Seabirds

Post by Patrik »

And its nice to finally hear "Seabirds"!
With our without Pink Floyd! :-)
Very nice contribution to the trib!
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

i've listened to all three and i've got to say i'm really impressed. i don't want to single out which tracks i like the best. there are so many and i don't want to slight anybody. we've got a lot of talent here. great job everybody. do i like vol 2 better than vol 1? i'm not sure. i think they're both very well done. i see this whole thing as a 6 disc pink floyd tribute, not two sets of 3. i love the whole thing!
micksoul
Embryo
Embryo

It really rocks!

Post by micksoul »

I?ve listened the 3 cds and I would like to say... it?s really great! Everybody did a great job. Congratulations to all around the world!
Stu: cheers dude! your work is excelent! :D
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i would like to say well done to all involved and to stu esspecialy for takin the time to sort things out and put it all together . :wink:

i think echoes was the best track , cut a bit short but still the best track :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
W1P
Blade
Blade

Post by W1P »

I guess the second set did not impress many sufficiently to prompt review or comment? :P
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

I've been meaning to post on here for ages, but I've hardly even been on the forum of late.
I listened to the CDs almost as soon as I'd downloaded them, enjoying The Wall while travelling to and from that night's Gilmour concert.
I noted down somewhere what tracks I'd really liked, but I seem to have lost my list. (Probably on the other computer.) The Wall flowed really well as one big piece, although fitting it on an 80 minute disc did mean it was a little rushed at points. Still well done to Stu for putting it together!
If I find my list, I'll do a more detailed review later.
gamesofmay
Embryo
Embryo

volume 2 vs volume 1

Post by gamesofmay »

i think both volumes are great... i wonder what volume 3 will bring :D
great work from everyone...
my favorites so far:
i'm totally amazed by the version of "embryo"... great sound and very good alternative version.
"sheep" rocks. this is a fantastic version...
and i can't help loving the version of "SOYCD"... excuse me, but it's very funny and just plain great...

the wall is maybe really a bit hasty sometimes, but it's pretty tough, putting together such a concept-album from over 20 different bands/guys.

i must admit, that my version of "outside the wall" was a bit lenghty :oops:
if by chance anyone wants to hear the full lenghty version (i love real long tunes), go to http://www.callasong.de -> egosonic.

altogether i think this volume was better than the first which i also loved very much.

it's amazing that people from all over the world participated on that one.