Vol. 3: Ideas?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Vol. 3: Ideas?

Post by Tenniru »

I have a question. Has there been any discussion concerning Volume 3 of the NPF Tribute? Has anyone decided if there will be a full-album cover again? If so, could I possibly suggest The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn? I'd be unable to contribute, sadly (my microphone has a bad habit of not existing), unless someone needs a pre-made version of the opening sound effects of Astronomy Domine and the vocalized/farsifa "OOO-ooo-ooo-ooo" played on an authentic Theremin.

It'd really be a nice way to remember the late Mr. Barrett.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

As I'm understanding, Volume 3 is going to consist of tracks that had to be left off of the previous two volumes due to time constraints and the like.

Which was originally the plan for Volume 2 until The Wall reared it's head, lol.

The last I'd heard from Stu was that Volume 3 was staying on this course...Volume 4, however, will mark a return to new contributions from members, if I understand correctly.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Ah, I see. (Although technically it'd be a bit more... organized... if it was called 2.5, I think.)

Well, I guess I'll ask again when Volume 4 is on the horizon.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I've been thinking about this and perhaps doing Piper might be a good idea, I do already have some songs from it, I'll need to go through and see exactly what I have and then we could throw the rest of the songs open if anyone wants to do them.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I'm taking Shine On You Crazy Diamond...alright ? No-one else is to take this. Ironbaden and I plan to do this. So there.

:lol:
arcola
Embryo
Embryo

vol 3.

Post by arcola »

vol 3 would be great. vol 1 and 2 are great. who knows what arcadian woodsmen would do for vol 3.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Please read everything again, people.

VOLUME THREE is largely to be an opportunity for everything that didn't make Volumes one and two to get a hearing.

If we start inundating Stu with new recordings, this won't happen (like it was supposed to with Volume two.)
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

So can the Pylonos still contribute a sonic attack marathon version of Interstellar Overdrive?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

For Volume 4, most assuredly.

For Volume 3?

Best to wait and see what Stu's going to do with it first.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

was One Of The Few on the prev 2 volumes, I don't remember?
If no, I'm taking it, I already have 2 versions, may use one of them or make another one based on these two
W1P
Blade
Blade

Post by W1P »

Maybe Syd solo stuff too?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Syd solo stuff...Roger solo stuff...David solo stuff...Rick solo stuff...Nick solo stuff...previously unreleased stuff...previously released stuff...movie versions...live versions...demo versions...your own completely different reworking of a PF song...cobbling several PF songs together into a new version...

ALL of this (and more) is acceptable.

But I'm claiming Childhood's End for the volume 4, since I already have about six songs for Stu to choose from for Volume 3.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

mosespa wrote: ALL of this (and more) is acceptable.
even if it has already been on one of the last two NPF tributes?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:even if it has already been on one of the last two NPF tributes?
Yes.

There are quite a few tracks which are on both tribute CDs (Learning To Fly, One of These Days, Fat Old Sun, for example.), so it's obviously not a problem if you intendend on covering something that is also on another volume.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

thank you :D:D:D:D:D so I think I'd even start working on it :D the two versions (both instrumentals) I already did are good, but lack something... think I'll just combine them two :)