The NPF Brighton show reviews

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

No worries Whammy... there was loads of kit left there on Sunday, it took us about 2 hours just to get it all down stairs!

Not sure if there were some crossed wires but Stu, you told us to be there between 9 - 10 on Sunday to collect the rest of the kit as there was some show happening at 10... we got there at 9.15 and left at about half 11, it didn't seem like there were any other shows on.

Hmmm... It may have been there, I just didn't see it... 4 hours sleep has that effect on me.

All in all you did a terrific job Stu, we we're suitably impressed, really looking forward to Glasgow!

Any news on pics/video of the Brighton gig? I can't wait to see 'em!

Cheers guys, it was a pleasure meeting you all!!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Hi jim,
BigDim wrote:Not sure if there were some crossed wires but Stu, you told us to be there between 9 - 10 on Sunday to collect the rest of the kit as there was some show happening at 10... we got there at 9.15 and left at about half 11, it didn't seem like there were any other shows on.
Hmmm, it sounds like the venue have been a bit sneaky or there was a cancellation??? I had management stressing to me that it had to be gone by 10 for the show and they wouldnt budge. Even when I went by in the evening to pick up the laptop that had been left behind someone had a moan at me that it should have been collected earlier!
BigDim wrote:Any news on pics/video of the Brighton gig? I can't wait to see 'em!
Theres been a bit of a caper, one of the cameras went missing, Ive no joy from the venue at all so it looks like one of the punters may have got themselves a nice souvenir of the show, Im going to have to put a feeler out to try and gather some extra footage and see what can be cobbled together, the mini-disc that was recording the soundboard locked up after an hour and I couldnt get it going again. Im sure something can be pulled together from it all tho.

Cheers
Stu
tow-mo
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Hej!

Post by tow-mo »

WhammyBar wrote:
I should just correc that a little because I don't want to get into trouble with US AND THEM :? .... it was "US ... NOT THEM" at the show!
Don't worry mate, you're not in trouble :D
Sounds like you guys all had a good gig - shame we couldn't make it - we were rocking up the Cheese and Grain in Frome on the same night. Hopefully we'll be able to make it along next time!

Chris,
Us and Them (not us not them :wink: )
http://www.us-and-them.co.uk
WhammyBar
Axe
Axe

Re: Hej!

Post by WhammyBar »

tow-mo wrote: Don't worry mate, you're not in trouble :D
Sounds like you guys all had a good gig - shame we couldn't make it - we were rocking up the Cheese and Grain in Frome on the same night. Hopefully we'll be able to make it along next time!

Chris,
Us and Them (not us not them :wink: )
http://www.us-and-them.co.uk
Phew. It's always good NOT to get into trouble! Strangely, I just had cheese and washed it down with some fermented grain... really I did. Next year should be even better than this - I hope we can ALL make it, so come on Stu name the date so we can block it out in our diaries...

Robert
Us ... not Them (not us and them!) 8)
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

No worries Stu...
Hmmm, it sounds like the venue have been a bit sneaky or there was a cancellation??? I had management stressing to me that it had to be gone by 10 for the show and they wouldnt budge. Even when I went by in the evening to pick up the laptop that had been left behind someone had a moan at me that it should have been collected earlier!
We thought that might have been the case... one or two of the sound guys at the venue were residing rather too far up their own posteriors.

Hey it happens.

Tough break regarding the video... real shame that.

Nehmind, we get to do it all over again this weekend!!

I think we've recovered after Brighton, all geared up for Glasgow!

See you there!!!
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
BigDim wrote:Any news on pics/video of the Brighton gig? I can't wait to see 'em!
Theres been a bit of a caper, one of the cameras went missing, Ive no joy from the venue at all so it looks like one of the punters may have got themselves a nice souvenir of the show, Im going to have to put a feeler out to try and gather some extra footage and see what can be cobbled together, the mini-disc that was recording the soundboard locked up after an hour and I couldnt get it going again. Im sure something can be pulled together from it all tho.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't stand the lack of respect that people who pull stunts like that are showing the rest of the world. Really, really disappointing. Quite good that they left your laptop though.

There is a small amount of footage lurking in the corner of the Wilkins sock drawer that might relieve a tiny fragment of the aching sense of loss. I am deep into editing a short film in French (a language I am utterly un-fluent in) at the mo but will try to get it sorted once I've cleared some space on the hard drive. The footage is not brilliant however. In most cases there is only one song from each artist, although I did catch all of Swedish Whistler's set. It is all shot at some distance from the stage, on a slow shutter and with in-camera sound, so crowd noise is a serious issue, and for reasons best known to himself my sister's boyfriend kept putting his head in front of the camera (in sillouette - a total eclipse of the loon?) and shouting meaningless slogans in a Brummie accent. So, kind of on a par with the Paradiso Tapes or Star Club Phyco, if you like. A historical document that requires a little indulgence and imagination on the part of the viewer. I would recommend that people do not hold their breath.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

So, when is the Aussie leg of the NPF tour? :P
NeilS
Axe
Axe

Post by NeilS »

Put us down for next year guys, would have loved to have played!

Neil.

Time To Breathe - Northamptonshire's Premier Pink Floyd Tribute
WhammyBar
Axe
Axe

Post by WhammyBar »

NeilS wrote:Put us down for next year guys, would have loved to have played!
Stu is going to have to run TWO marathons next year at this rate... so many Tribute Bands and so short an event. If you can call ten hours short. Which you can't I suppose.

It was a great day... maybe there is the demand for an NPF Tribute Festival :shock: in the future.

Poor Stu. We'd better let him recover from Glasgow first :D

Robert
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Heres the Brighton setlist...

Forum Collaboration
Welcome To The Machine
Dominoes
Careful With That Axe, Eugene
Free Four