Hello

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

Have to say...I'm a little bit confused. Sometimes it seems to me, like I'm just being used........

OK so I play in a tribute/cover/let's_have_some_fun_playing_songs_we_love band that will remain nameless, except that I have probably given a tiny clue in my user name.....

Keith has asked that the site isn't used for 'promoting' tribute acts, so what is the problem? It is his site. Perhaps some space could be made for purely factual stuff like X appearing at Y on Z rather than "the Best Floyd Tribute band on the east coast of the river Tigris complete with very wizzy light show and rather important people visiting my cousin once but twice removed" - possibly.

I think there is some milage (kilometreage) in letting fellow Floyd-heads know what is going on - that is in the interests of the readers but as for the sales language - screw globalisation, it is all supposed to be fun.

Oh bu**er - I think I just had a minor rant
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

this arguement is pretty redundant. let me solve the problem. this belongs here inthe NPF tribute section because it isnt about the band Pink Floyd, its about your tribute band, therefore logically going in the tribute section. Keith knows what he is talking about and is a good man and wouldnt change the rules around and single someone out. If you look in the Pink Floyd section there have been many topics started about tribute bands and they all have been either moved here or the General Music discussion. That settles it so stop complaining Andy cause its the way the rules are set up here and it fits in better here that in a topic about the band pink floyd (meaning only Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, Nick Mason, and Rick Wright).
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

um..........

im very sorry if i have offended anyone :(

I actually thought i had put this in the Neptune Tribute Projects section, if i had put it in the Pink Floyd section then i must have got mixed up while i was reading posts, sorry.

Its not about free advertising and stuff, just a few people had asked where they could come and see us, and i said i would post the next gig so they could come along if they wanted.

sorry folks if it is in the wrong section, my bad.
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

Now I'm REALLY confused....oh well.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

darkside_andy wrote: Keith has asked that the site isn't used for 'promoting' tribute acts, so what is the problem? It is his site. Perhaps some space could be made for purely factual stuff like X appearing at Y on Z rather than "the Best Floyd Tribute band on the east coast of the river Tigris complete with very wizzy light show and rather important people visiting my cousin once but twice removed" - possibly.
I really dont know how else to put this...... I havent got a problem with tribute bands advertising their shows and their existance on the forum here. I am in complete agreement with you all. You are doing a great thing for people.

Perhaps it is the explanation that is throwin you... or you are drummers!! :lol: There are several forums on this web board... Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, David Gilmour... etc. etc. The Pink Floyd forum is for topics about the band Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd's songs, Pink Floyd's concerts etc. A tribute band is not Pink Floyd so dont post your threads in there? I don't know why 1) there is so much disagreement with my approach and 2) why people cant seem to understand what I am saying!!!!!!!!!

1 - I have no problem with tribute bands letting people here know where and when they are playing. I think you are all doing a great job and should play lots more!!!

2 - Tribute bands are not Pink Floyd so you will post your topics either in the General Music Discussion forum or the NPF Tribute Forum.

It shouldn't get anymore complicated that that.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Keith Jordan wrote:I don't know why 1) there is so much disagreement with my approach and 2) why people cant seem to understand what I am saying!!!!!!!!!.
Keith, Andy is agreeing with you there.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:I don't know why 1) there is so much disagreement with my approach and 2) why people cant seem to understand what I am saying!!!!!!!!!.
Keith, Andy is agreeing with you there.
:lol: Sometimes the obvious needs pointing out to me!! :oops: :lol:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Keith Jordan wrote: :lol: Sometimes the obvious needs pointing out to me!! :oops: :lol:
Dont worry, its friday tomorrow :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

W1P is going on "The List" of people being watched for being a nuisance. Everyone else is ace! 8)
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

Thanks Stu...that was my intention. Sorry if I wasn't clear Keith.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

darkside_andy wrote:Thanks Stu...that was my intention. Sorry if I wasn't clear Keith.
haha reading back what you wrote, you were as clear as a summers day! My head was not working though!!! :D
W1P
Blade
Blade

Post by W1P »

Keith Jordan wrote:W1P is going on "The List" of people being watched for being a nuisance. Everyone else is ace! 8)
I thought I already was on "the list"