Australian Pink Floyd Show

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Australian Pink Floyd Show

Post by drafsack »

I'd rather stick pins in my eye's than part with any money to see this lot
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Would you seriously do that to your own eyes rather than sit down for a couple of hours and watch an excellent cover band? :shock: :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Keith Jordan wrote:Would you seriously do that to your own eyes rather than sit down for a couple of hours and watch an excellent cover band? :shock: :lol:
Yes - Ive seen them a couple of times and they are very good - but I object to paying nearly £30 (£40 for liverpool) to see a covers band who are cashing in on the hard work and talent of others. I would much rather pay £20 and watch the flaming lips play their own material and put on an equally good show
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

Tickets go on sale here in Arizona on Monday, I'm wondering if they are going to continue to do The Wall again or something different this upcoming September. Most everyone I know who saw the last show wants them to do The Wall again.
momentaryhawking

Post by momentaryhawking »

I guess they will not be doing The Wall again. Is there a review from anybody who went to the Liverpool show August 1st?
kitkat
Knife
Knife

Post by kitkat »

Dudes, as Momentary Hawking asked, What is the Aussie Floyd doing now??

I got stud tickets for next month when they hit Los Angeles.

I saw them do The Wall about a year ago in Anaheim, very close to where I live, and it was total stud.

This time I am bringing my middle daughter, 16 years old cheerleader, and I had to bribe her to go by telling her I would take her to AC/DC that same month where I got stud tickets for Anaheim.

I sure hope they do The Wall again...that was studly. The first time I saw them they did DSOTM and, while still technically good, they really do the wall great with the visuals and stuff. Best live version of The Wall I have ever seen live.
W1P
Blade
Blade

Post by W1P »

Nokia Theater is a great venue -- saw Steely Dan there last year and it was amazing
NickC4555
Axe
Axe

Post by NickC4555 »

kitkat wrote: I sure hope they do The Wall again...that was studly. The first time I saw them they did DSOTM and, while still technically good, they really do the wall great with the visuals and stuff. Best live version of The Wall I have ever seen live.
No Wall this year, they are doing a "greatest hits" setlist. You can read reviews and setlist spoilers on the fan site forum:

Australian Pink Floyd Show Fan Site Forum
NickC4555
Axe
Axe

Post by NickC4555 »

Onge wrote:I saw APFS at Rochester Castle in Kent (UK) a couple of years ago and it was when they had the new singer and personally they all seemed very bored with it and just going through the motions. The singer added nothing to what was an already superb line up and what had worked quite well before.

I am sorry to say they did nothing for me and I will not be going to see them again. Which is a shame as I had such "High Hopes", pun intended, but they just did not deliver the goods. Maybe it was a bad night for them and maybe because of restrictions of the venue they did seem to have anywhere near the amount of lighting I thought they would, at least they got the blow-up kangaroo out :)

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Onge
This is a very belated reply. I was at the Rochester Castle Show too, and I have to agree it wasn't their finest hour. It was right at the end of a tour, there was no facility for doing a soundcheck, the sax player was doing his first show with them and they did indeed seem to be going through the motions.

Thankfully, that isn't what you usually get with the Aussies, they're usually firing on all cylinders and put on an amazing show. To the poster that said he'd rather stick pins in his eyes, you haven't seen them, have you?

The Australian Pink Floyd Show fan site
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Saw them in SLC last Wednesday, great show, but the venue was disappointing. They had cotton candy and snow cone vendors walking the isles! I know everyone is trying to make a buck, but come on!
The Genius
Embryo
Embryo

Post by The Genius »

just saw aussie floyd in Los Angeles last week.

awesome show. They sound great and their visual show is tops...really excellent.

enjoyed it immensly.

will ALWAYS go see aussie floyd when they come to town