Complete Pink Floyd tribute list?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
W1P
Blade
Blade

Re: Complete Pink Floyd tribute list?

Post by W1P »

Olli wrote:Thanks Blade,
so is this a list of sites that are NOT already on my list??
](*,) :D
Dang I have a whole bunch more work to do now then don't I.
No, it is a list updated from the DMOZ list. There is substantial overlap between the two lists but the updated list has several additional tributes and/or updated links as of circa 2006.
horace4831
Embryo
Embryo

Post by horace4831 »

Hi all, I am new here and look forward to contributing to what looks to be a great website NPF.

Here's another current site for your list...

http://www.relicstheband.com

Hope this helps.
why_att
Axe
Axe

Post by why_att »

I'm not devotee any tribute band, but I would like to help in the expansion of this list with two Hungarian band:
HitRock
Keep Floyding
Olli
Axe
Axe

Post by Olli »

Right, I have finally added all the sites to my queue to incorporate into the list.
I had to get the will up to the task first which took the most time.
Then I had to go through and make sure I didn't duplicate anything, and check the new ones were still actual websites. A lot of them are no longer active or have been taken over by those awful people who just fill the site with adverts in the hope that surfers will click their stupid links.
I'm afraid I have ignored all the sites that were not in English as that is all I can cope with.

In total I have added 14 new websites and will edit them into the list soon.

Anybody can submit sites for inclusion in DMOZ, and if you own a site I strongly recommend that you do as Google gives heavy weight to DMOZ listed sites.

The good news for you PF fans is that takes the total of PF tributes above that of Rush tributes! :D
-PINC FFLOYD-
Embryo
Embryo

Post by -PINC FFLOYD- »

uk, based in north wales, PINC FFLOYD, wales's no1 pink floyd tribute.
been together about 4 yrs. playing 200-500 seat venues.
exclusively playing the 70's era floyd, using period vintage equipment.
6 members (2x guit/vox, 1x bass/vox, 1 drums, 1x keys, 1x lady vox)

www.pincffloyd.com
website is a bit old now, and due to be updated very soon.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/pincffloyd/
Olli
Axe
Axe

Post by Olli »

Wow what an absolutely inspired name for a Welsh Pink Floyd tribute. I take my hat off to you sir.
Olli
Axe
Axe

Post by Olli »

I have added your site to the DMOZ listings, however I would strongly suggest that you try and avoid having music play immediately on loading the page, and if you must then please show an obvious way to turn it off.
It is generally considered bad web design to force music on your visitors, even if it is a music site.
Just a friendly suggestion from a website builder and web user.
-PINC FFLOYD-
Embryo
Embryo

Post by -PINC FFLOYD- »

hi olli,

thanks, i came up with the name whilst in an inspired bathroom situation!

i know about the website, we r building a new 1 at the mo, but it does seem to be taking an eternity!
its just hard to find time to do this stuff, whilst still having to do all the other things necessary to keep life happening! i find it hard enough keeping up with all the real things i'm involved in, never mind tinterweb things!
anyway its getting there. we just need to get a few gigs booked, which can be quite hard round n. wales. finding suitable venues, with a big enough stage/room for the audiance/bar etc at a decent price. free would be nice..... :D

can u send me a link to the DMOZ listing? ta
Olli
Axe
Axe

Post by Olli »

Oh don't I know it. Just sorting out the band stuff there is the website, facebook, myspace, reverbnation, soundcloud, soundclick, Lemonrock, band-me-up, and on and on. Hyves and others if you are in Europe....
Then there is booking gigs, making sure the rest of the band can make them, sorting out instruments and stage gear, hotels, stage plans, rider, terms and conditions, PR, ticket sales, etc.

And that is before you sort out picking kids up from school or making dinner or whatever things go on in your own life.

Check out http://www.dmoz.org/Arts/Music/Bands_an ... ute_Bands/ for the current list of 65 Pink Floyd tribute bands with websites in English.
That includes bands from places like Europe and Japan if they have a significant part of their site in English.

Venues shouldn't charge for hire. They should be bloody glad you are brining people into the place.
We found village halls did us very well on quite a few occasions. They were glad to let us have the use of the place in exchange for 50% of the ticket sales.
That was better for us than forking out money up front with the added bonus that they sold the tickets in the village for us because they made money.