High Hopes - cover by Nightwish

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
csmenyhart
Embryo
Embryo

High Hopes - cover by Nightwish

Post by csmenyhart »

The Finnish metal band Nightwish plays the cover of High Hopes in the current tour. This is their current cover song in the concerts without Tarja. If you have a recording of it, please load up.

Current Nightwish Tour started on last Thursday (26th May) in Budapest, I saw it in the first concert. I think this vesion of HH is very-very "unpinkfloydish" (harpsichord instead of bells, electric guitar solo instead of spanish guitar solo Marco's voice was too "hard"), but it was a Nightwish-concert, not a Pink Floyd-concert.
csmenyhart
Embryo
Embryo

Post by csmenyhart »

aserty
Blade
Blade

Post by aserty »

Note to Mozilla users: The above link might not work, if it doesn't, try pasting it into IE.

I'm not a big Nightwish fan, but I do like some of their older stuff. This should be interesting, too bad it takes so long to download.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

The bird in that band is a hottie and no mistake, but I can't say I care for their brand of gurly goth pop/rock.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Damnit I was going to see them, but thought nah wouldnt know enough of thier songs, guess there was one I would have known haha.
csmenyhart
Embryo
Embryo

Post by csmenyhart »

Latest news: Nightwish is going to relase a compilation titled "Highest Hopes". The last track will be "High Hopes - live"
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Another sorry group riding the Floyd bandwagon.... :roll:
sas550
Embryo
Embryo

Re: High Hopes - cover by Nightwish

Post by sas550 »

Words from another sorry member that thinks he is on top. Nightwish are big PF fans and The song is meant as a tribute. PF is one of the greatest band ever and to me the original is the best. But this cover/tribute is actually quite good. And fyi Nightwish doesn't need to ride anyones bandwagon. To often peoples mouth is not in sync with the brain. If claiming thats not the case here I can only assume that the later organ has limited resorces.