DOWNLOAD - None Of Us Is Pink - Vol 1 CD1 to CD3 (SHN)

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Vaughan
Embryo
Embryo

Torrent Download file

Post by Vaughan »

Hi Everybody,

Do please tell me if I'm being stupid (I probably am) but when I try to download the torrent file, I'm getting a vey small (37.1 KB) text file....woulld someone let me know where I'm gouing wrong?

Many thanks

Vaughan
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

at the moment there seem to be no peers... :cry:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

stranger at home wrote:I'm seeding now guys....Got the completed disc in just under 3 hours (that's fast, huh?)
Thats pretty darn fast! Twice as fast as it took me to upload the disc!
Vaughan wrote:Do please tell me if I'm being stupid (I probably am) but when I try to download the torrent file, I'm getting a vey small (37.1 KB) text file....woulld someone let me know where I'm gouing wrong?
Have you downloaded the bit torrent programme? If you download that first and install it when you click on the torrent file it should just open up in the bit torrent programme and start downloading.

You can download the bit torrent programme from this address... http://bittorrent.com/download.html
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Torrent Download file

Post by Keith Jordan »

Vaughan wrote:Hi Everybody,

Do please tell me if I'm being stupid (I probably am) but when I try to download the torrent file, I'm getting a vey small (37.1 KB) text file....woulld someone let me know where I'm gouing wrong?

Many thanks

Vaughan
If you have downlaoded and installed the torrent rogram (see first post of this thread) and then downloaded the torrent file, you will now need to open the torrent file and it will start downloading the actual SHN files for the disc. :D

Post by Guest »

its not available, cant find any peers with it. You need somone to seed it so others can download it and in return share it for others.

Will anyone be posting it to usenet so anyone can get it without problems?

TIA
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

PaZZa2 wrote:its not available, cant find any peers with it. You need somone to seed it so others can download it and in return share it for others.

Will anyone be posting it to usenet so anyone can get it without problems?

TIA
Thats odd, it says at the moment that theres 50 people seeding it, anyone got any ideas whats going wrong?
HaVoKnYnJ
Axe
Axe

Post by HaVoKnYnJ »

The first post has a link that doesn't work, but the link from the main .shn/torrent page works just fine. not sure if the first link given is misformatted or not, but it didn't work for me. Going into the main download page and trying it from there worked perfectly... downloading as we speak. woohoo!!

:smt026 :smt020 :smt024 :smt023 :smt039 :smt041 :smt044 :smt038 :smt030 :smt112
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

HaVoKnYnJ wrote:The first post has a link that doesn't work, but the link from the main .shn/torrent page works just fine. not sure if the first link given is misformatted or not, but it didn't work for me. Going into the main download page and trying it from there worked perfectly... downloading as we speak. woohoo!!

:smt026 :smt020 :smt024 :smt023 :smt039 :smt041 :smt044 :smt038 :smt030 :smt112
I just tested it and the link worked fine for me on this thread as it is exactly the same one as in the torrents section of the site.

As for there being no peers? There are currently 44!

http://torrent.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/

If the download wont start for you then it is likely that you have a firewall installed and you will need to open up a port for the torrent client to communicate with other peers through.

Try opening up port 42372. Mine is currently "listening" on that port so, presumably, it will work for other people too.

Post by Guest »

[quote="simpledumbpilot"]
Thats odd, it says at the moment that theres 50 people seeding it, anyone got any ideas whats going wrong?[/quote]

I left it running and it eventually started after about 30 mins, thanx everyone :)
blueraincoot
Embryo
Embryo

Post by blueraincoot »

only 2 hours busy and on 30% .... donwloading and seeding....
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just looked at the torrent page and saw that 180 people have downloaded disc 1 already, thats pretty good going for the first day and its only just gone 9!
Evs_uk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Evs_uk »

What an excellant cd. :) Can't wait to hear the other two disks in this set. Congratulations to all the artists ive heard so far, this has been a joy to listen to.
tempest
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tempest »

share ratio currently at 326%, will seed as long as my laptop holds out.
quick newbie question, anyway to burn a copy while still seeding? I tried and it won't let me since the program is still running. Nothing major for I am quite sure it will be worth the wait and I definitely look forward to hearing it all.
thanks for sending a little sunshine into cloudy St.Paul, MN USA :D

Post by Guest »

[quote="tempest"]share ratio currently at 326%, will seed as long as my laptop holds out.
quick newbie question, anyway to burn a copy while still seeding? I tried and it won't let me since the program is still running. Nothing major for I am quite sure it will be worth the wait and I definitely look forward to hearing it all.
thanks for sending a little sunshine into cloudy St.Paul, MN USA :D[/quote]

This is a guess, but if you COPY the files you are sharing to a new directory then youwill probably be able to burn the new copies to CD (as they are not open files), that will probably do it, personally ive just converted mine to mp3 vbr, and very good they are too on my nomad. :)

thanx everyone, cant wait for cd 2&3
tempest
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tempest »

Lord I am brain dead today. Copied and decoded to wav, sounds great, once again this site has made my day. My thanks go out to all involved. Now I'm gonna burn a copy to disc and tear it up on my stereo. Will continue seeding as long as possible. This old fan is greatful indeed.