DOWNLOAD - None Of Us Is Pink - Vol 1 CD1 to CD3 (SHN)

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
I. M. He
Embryo
Embryo

Post by I. M. He »

Woah, I just noticed... I've been a member for almost 2 years and that was my second post. I'm such a Gabby Goose aren't I?

-mk-
Max_101
Embryo
Embryo

Nice Job

Post by Max_101 »

First off let me say Thanks to everyone involved with the PF Tribute Project. Well done..!
Being the avid Floyd fan I took in our very own Canadian tribute version back in May.
http://www.comfortably-numb.ca/
They did a very respectable job, but the song that really brought people to there feet was the vocals by the women "Solveig Keshavjee" on "Great Gig in the Sky".
http://www.comfortably-numb.ca/solveig.html
So you can imagine my delight when I heard the cut you chose of the song (Disk3 track5).
Now you list the credits as "Which One's Pink" but if that's not the Comfortably Numb Show with the crowds reactions and all I'll eat my hat...! :-)

Again. Nice Job.

Cheers
Max_101

Opps
I see there really is a "Which One's Pink" yankee PF Tribute Band...!
Could of swore it was the from the Comfortably Numb Show.!
Man...could have picked a better tasteing hat to wear today. :-(
Blue Prism
Blade
Blade

Post by Blue Prism »

Once I can figure out the technology :? I'm really looking forward to hearing this. I only wish I could have contributed something myself.

In all honesty, I expect warmer, more heart-felt performances from this lot than anything the Floyd will muster up for the Live 8 show, unfortunately. A real tribute from real fans is something we often don't get to hear, so this is a great opportunity. Thanks for getting this together folks. 8)

W1P
Blade
Blade

Re: Nice Job

Post by W1P »

Max_101 wrote:First off let me say Thanks to everyone involved with the PF Tribute Project. Well done..!
Being the avid Floyd fan I took in our very own Canadian tribute version back in May.
http://www.comfortably-numb.ca/
They did a very respectable job, but the song that really brought people to there feet was the vocals by the women "Solveig Keshavjee" on "Great Gig in the Sky".
http://www.comfortably-numb.ca/solveig.html
So you can imagine my delight when I heard the cut you chose of the song (Disk3 track5).
Now you list the credits as "Which One's Pink" but if that's not the Comfortably Numb Show with the crowds reactions and all I'll eat my hat...! :-)

Again. Nice Job.

Cheers
Max_101

Opps
I see there really is a "Which One's Pink" yankee PF Tribute Band...!
Could of swore it was the from the Comfortably Numb Show.!
Man...could have picked a better tasteing hat to wear today. :-(
LOL! The vocalist on "Yankee Tribute's" version of Great Gig is Tali Azerad. For more info check out http://www.talimusic.com For more info on W1P check out http://www.myspace.com/whichonespink
I. M. He
Embryo
Embryo

Post by I. M. He »

You can count me in as another proud owner of the set - thanks to all involved! What I've heard thus far is outstanding indeed... possibly the Best Tribute these ears have ever had the pleasure to wrap themselves around. I've kept seeding for almost 48 hours since Friday morning and will be back up again later today (first I gotta get this collection burned and housed in all it's finery)
I'll be adding it to my Trade List as requested - THANKS AGAIN!!

-mk-
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Blue Prism wrote:In all honesty, I expect warmer, more heart-felt performances from this lot than anything the Floyd will muster up for the Live 8 show, unfortunately. A real tribute from real fans is something we often don't get to hear, so this is a great opportunity. Thanks for getting this together folks. 8)
I don't know how Floydian the performance on the 2nd will be, but if Roger is able to contribite his full share of influence I don't expect to be disappointed in the least. None Of Us Is Pink, on the other hand, comes fully from the gut and soul of all the performers. That's unmistakable. What they've done here is by far the most dedicated and honest tribute ever recorded. The originality and uniqueness of every song carried with it the message of 'This is how you, Pink Floyd, have shaped my life, and this is how I'll display my gratitude'. It's a magnificent work of art and I'm truly humbled to have been here when it was created.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I hope I did this right. I'm just figuring out this Bittorrent stuff. After I had downloaded each disc, I just let it keep running, uploading till it was over 100% uploaded. Was that right?
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

You got it Massed Gadgets :lol:
and if you're feeling generous, or don't mind running your computer overnight, let it continue 'seeding' as long as you want. If you shut it down, you can restart seeding at any time as long as you don't move the files... unless you figure out how to redirect the torrent seed directory...
:lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You can seed something you have downloaded again after turning your computer off! Just open up the torrent again and save to the same location you did originally like C:/ and then bit torrent will check you have all the files in order and will then start seeding it again!

I have just joined the echoes of time DC++ hub and there is some amazing stuff on there! If you have broadband get on it!

http://www.echoeshub.com/
HaVoKnYnJ
Axe
Axe

Post by HaVoKnYnJ »

Several days in, with all three discs seeding from my work laptop almost full time...

Disc 1: 15500%

Disc 2: 9500%

Disc 3: 9000%

And still going strong! Who want's some music?!
HaVoKnYnJ
Axe
Axe

Post by HaVoKnYnJ »

edit: OT and unnecessary. cheers! 8)
Last edited by HaVoKnYnJ on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PinkPudding
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkPudding »

Hey, why not give it another try? You can find some great stuff here-

I just welcomed you to the hub and then saw you were gone...!!

The hub takes pride in sharing clean music that's unaltered from it's original source recording...that's what the people want!-and that's why mp3's aren't allowed...hey, come on back and I'll be happy to welcome you again and help out in any way I can...

Respectfully,
Barbie
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

Re: DOWNLOAD - None Of Us Is Pink - CD1 to CD3 (SHN/Torrent)

Post by Welcome to my machine »

Keith Jordan wrote:
4 - You may want to convert the SHN files to WAV files to burn to audio cd or to listen to. You can download the free software and find out how to use it on this page.
thanks keith fro everything...ive done 3 out of 4 steps...but....i cant seem to enter tge etree site....is there somewhere else i could get it coz im in China and they block some sites...and that is one of them

cheers
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I just emailed it to you. 8)
Echoes_Hub
Embryo
Embryo

NPF CD Series! Brilliance!

Post by Echoes_Hub »

I just got finished listening to cd1...