NPF TRIBUTE CD REVIEW CENTRE

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Sounds like an interesting idea to me....I'd be up for it!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Thanks Mosespa, I'm glad you liked it!
mosespa wrote:Question: Was that guitar solo at the end recorded backwards? Or is it a combination of effects? (Nicely done, however it was accomplished, by the way.)
The guitar in the latter half of the piece was recorded through a Line6 Pod, using the swell/delay effect to eliminate a sharp attack, but nothing backwards!
Last edited by Massed Gadgets on Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I think I'll start a new thread about the official release tribute, I reckon people will be quite into this.
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I have details for an excellent company that press discs with covers dirt cheap
oh? do tell! we just mastered a new lovespirals album and are gearing up to self release. we were looking at discmasters, but are open to other suggestions...

after 12 years of being on a small indie label, we've decided we could probably do it all ourselves. the internet makes it all so much easier than it used to be. :)
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

mosespa wrote:Missbee...between your lovely picture and beautiful voice, I just have to ask, how do you feel about long-distance relationships? (There I go again :roll: :roll: )
naughty naughty.

you know, when i used to be a receptionist, i'd always get guys asking me out just from my voice on the phone. even the ones i was calling up to pay their late bills! and once, a telemarketer called me after he was off work, drunk and asking me out. what the heck is it about my voice that drives men nuts, i wonder? :shock:
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

Fave art: pg 15 photo is amazing! where the heck was that taken??? pg 2 & 24 are really beautiful, too. pg 23 is pretty cool, as well. but i think pg 26 takes the cake because it's such a cool idea and looks great!

Fave tunes: "grantchester meadows," "the turning away," "great gig in the sky," "atom heart mother," "cirrus minor," "burning bridges," "mudmen," "goodbye cruel world," "a pillow of winds" and let me just add that ryan actually asked me if "learning to fly" was a cover or live version by floyd when he heard it from the other room! eerily similar to the real mc coy!

still digesting everything, though, to be sure.
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

mosespa wrote:Just got the discs today...listening to them right now.
wow, you wrote the intro to the set and you hadn't even heard it yet? seems like you should have had some special privledges. so very hush hush it all was... :lol:
W1P
Blade
Blade

Discs

Post by W1P »

missbee wrote:
simpledumbpilot wrote:I have details for an excellent company that press discs with covers dirt cheap
oh? do tell! we just mastered a new lovespirals album and are gearing up to self release. we were looking at discmasters, but are open to other suggestions...

after 12 years of being on a small indie label, we've decided we could probably do it all ourselves. the internet makes it all so much easier than it used to be. :)
For A Fair Forgery of Pink Floyd, we used Disc Makers on Cahuenga in Universal City. Very, very pro!
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

ally wrote:i've listened to discs 1 and 2 , and disc 3 is downloading on the echoes hub now. and all of these covers are AMAZING. you all did a wonderful job :D i especially love 'cymbaline', 'burning bridges' and 'fearless'..but every one sounds good!
Thank you so much for the compliment my band Brain Damage did Fearless. It was an honor to be on the CD with such wonderful musicians.

Thanks again. :wink:
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

Setting up a DIY label - great idea - I'm in - maybe live gigs too or a tour showing off the talent
missbee
Axe
Axe

Re: Discs

Post by missbee »

W1P wrote:For A Fair Forgery of Pink Floyd, we used Disc Makers on Cahuenga in Universal City. Very, very pro!
oh, whoops, that's the one i meant to say. i guess i shouldn't post after a few drinks... :wink:

glad to get a recommendation on them. cdbaby seems to really like them, too.
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

missbee wrote:Fave art: pg 15 photo is amazing! where the heck was that taken??? pg 2 & 24 are really beautiful, too. pg 23 is pretty cool, as well. but i think pg 26 takes the cake because it's such a cool idea and looks great!
Thank you missbee :D . It was a lot of work making the picture on page 26. I also took the original photograph in pg 23. Damn!t then added the psychedelic "effects". The result is very good and I like it a lot.

Pg 2, 15 and 24 is photographes by lando2k. He told us the story behind these photographes in the thread "NPF tribute Artwork - comments please!" lando2k said:

"i've taken them one afternoon, late in last november when i was walking up the "Bachtel", a hill 1100m above sealevel in the zurich region, about 10km from my home. while shooting i was thinking "really OBC"

I agree :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

missbee wrote:Fave tunes: "grantchester meadows," "the turning away," "great gig in the sky," "atom heart mother," "cirrus minor," "burning bridges," "mudmen," "goodbye cruel world," "a pillow of winds"
Wow :shock:

Thats 6!

Yes, i'm counting :lol:

Thx missbee!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

black bobble wrote:Setting up a DIY label - great idea - I'm in - maybe live gigs too or a tour showing off the talent
Looks like the Brighton gig will be in the 2nd week of september, theres still some sorting to do and Id like to get more people inolved if I can but I'll have all the details together very soon.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

missbee wrote:
These are the guys, not sure what the deal is with overseas tho...
http://www.amstore.co.uk/cd-dvd-products-prices.htm

If anyone knows of anywhere that can do discs with dual cases and 8 page booklets for cheaper than 2 quid please let me know.

They also include a free A3 poster with every 10 CDs which we could sell through the site to help generate funds for licensing cost for a second volume.

Dont worry tho, none of this will affect the regular 6 monthly freebie :)