NPF TRIBUTE CD REVIEW CENTRE

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

Damn!t wrote:Thats 6!

Yes, i'm counting :lol:
6 times someone picked your song as favorite? or am i missing something? :-k
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

missbee wrote:

Yup!
And nope, you're not missing anything missbee.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

It's impossible for me to pick one song over another. It's all such brilliant work. :smt020

When's the TOUR!!!!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Mooner wrote:It's impossible for me to pick one song over another. It's all such brilliant work. :smt020

When's the TOUR!!!!
Stuart? :?:
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Post by FromNorth »

I got the discs yesterday. I am so impressed! Everything is so good! It is a fantastic work you have done! I agree with Mooner that it is very difficult to pic one song over another. But these are my favourites right now:

Cirrus Minor
Grantchester Meadows
Burning Bridges
Near The End
The Narrow Way
Obscured By Clouds
Atom Heart Mother
Stop

I will continue listening and tomorrow I probably have some more favourites.

Thank you everyone for this great tribute to Pink Floyd!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Thank you Gunnar!
*Bran is weaving with his tale right now and jumping up and down (not like Syd)*
:D
W1P
Blade
Blade

Love Spirals

Post by W1P »

missbee wrote:

Today's LA Weekly at p. 134 1000 CDs in full color jackets from Disc Makers for $990

http://www.discmakers.com/laweekly
Wiggidiba
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Wiggidiba »

I've listened to disc one and most of disc two so far. I stopped right before Atom Heart Mother. Figured I should wait until I got home to fully digest that one, rather than listening to it in my car during my break at work.

A lot of really good stuff. Unfortunately, too much for me to remember the highlights. I was really impressed with a lot of it. I keep waiting for something to be really lousy and unlistenable, it just seems surprising that there wouldn't be a lot of that, but so far there hasn't been. There's a lot of talent on this board...

Also, thanks to the two people who mentioned Mudmen. :wink:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Damn!t wrote:
Mooner wrote:It's impossible for me to pick one song over another. It's all such brilliant work. :smt020

When's the TOUR!!!!
Stuart? :?:
On tuesday I'll make the last phone call I need to about the lineup for the Brighton show (the person is at Glastonbury at the moment) and then I can get the date which will be somewhere between the 10th and 17th of september. Does anyone fancy trying to set something up overseas?
W1P wrote:Today's LA Weekly at p. 134 1000 CDs in full color jackets from Disc Makers for $990

http://www.discmakers.com/laweekly
Thats an excellent deal, thanks for the link! I guess that would be around 660 quid, thats doable.
Wiggidiba
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Wiggidiba »

Just got through listening to it...pretty cool stuff. I enjoyed this.

Ah...my first time hearing myself on a CD that more than just two or three of my friends will hear. Maybe not much more...but maybe.

Also my first taste of the producer tampering with my work! :twisted: My longer than necessary fadeout has been shortened to a reasonable length! Curses! :wink:

Just kidding of course...I understand.
W1P
Blade
Blade

License

Post by W1P »

Wiggidiba wrote:Just got through listening to it...pretty cool stuff. I enjoyed this.

Ah...my first time hearing myself on a CD that more than just two or three of my friends will hear. Maybe not much more...but maybe.

Also my first taste of the producer tampering with my work! :twisted: My longer than necessary fadeout has been shortened to a reasonable length! Curses! :wink:

Just kidding of course...I understand.
I thought the insertion of spoken word parts over Great Gig was highly appropriate! 8)
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

Clegg and One These days do it for me so far. Money is good too. Atom Heart Mother is a mammoth international collaboration. Nice one. :lol:
Last edited by Any Colour on Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Wiggidiba wrote:Also my first taste of the producer tampering with my work! :twisted: My longer than necessary fadeout has been shortened to a reasonable length! Curses! :wink:
:lol: yep, I hope you dont mind, I was 4 minutes over so had to do a few little trims to get everything on, bloody good version tho, really nice guitar sounds.
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

Post by Welcome to my machine »

i wrote a whole review of the 3rd cd in the another thread in this forum..dammit whya re there two versions...i wilk have to do a copy and paste job
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

Post by Welcome to my machine »

After weeks of trying to get the damn software up and running mkw SUCKS!!! A new comer by the name of bunnie gave me a better site none as 'shorten' i have finally managed to convert them to wav and listen...at the moment i have listened to Disc 3 so im going to do a so called review and try to be as honest as possible without offending anyone and I know i haven't contributed musically....

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS MY OPINION SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I SAY TO HEART BUT CRITICSM MAKES US GROW...WITHIN REASON

1) speak to me - good solid/ who are the American voices from i love american women's voices..and yours lady sounds lovely

2) breath - love the fact that the intro is your own and it works really well

3)on the run - intrestingn voice spasm thing at the beginning...really midi like the whole xperience...remind me of Vangelis

4) time - love what youve done stu with the clocks hahah, youve really brought the song a modern flavour with the digi watch alarm ...singer has a good sense of tune....your voice reminds me of les claypools but better...youve got a country twang to your voice..Baden i think your name was...is it jsut you playing all the instruments...coz thats impressive..love the solo...feels like u really got into it...moving your whole body and bitting your lip Gilmour style!!!

5) great gig in the sky - WHO ON EARTH IS THAT WOMAN...i want to marry you!!!! (my gf wouldnt be pleased but she'll live)....amazing....!!!

6) Money - whats with the osciallator on the voice?...same as the guitar...not bad...got the sax dowen nicely...all good..

7) Us and them - very atmospheric, im not a huge fan of the synth and a girl singer is a nice touch....got a cyndi lauper thing going on.... drums are very La Femme D'Argent (by AIR)

any colour you like - what can i say...sOLID

9) brain damage - reminds me of an ian brown/richard ashcroft remix....interesting...and that pulsing farty fake bass....doesnt do it for me...as i play bass and i hate fake bass sounds...but its new and i give u credit for originiality

10) Eclipse - the more and more i listen to the two together and i like it...the end is amazing! i love it

11) wish you were here - one of my favourite songs, this song was the reason i got into floyd, oooooo just heard the bass....sorry thats a no no for me!! especially with the fuzz on.....my god.....whoz singing....sound like a punker / manson.......sorry guys....i admire u tried to make it your own....but.....I'll leave it at that

12) see emily play- wow a pick me up after that.....im not a fan of the song...but i think u've brought something new to it...i like your version better hahahaha well done!

13) Learning to fly - beginning is very SADE....i was expecting a sax to come in....daMN GOOD VOICE!!! you rock man! i love it....i love the song....but i like the rainforesty feeling you give with your congos and bongs...GREAT STUFF , is gilmour singing and playing with you? hahaha

14) The fletcher memorial home- i hate synths like this....i hate the song....nothing against you, you do an alright job.... but i hate synths...they really get to me...well this particular efffect...fake strings!!

15) no comment as i havent heard the real song
16)no comment as i havent heard the real song
17)no comment as i havent heard the real song

1 Sorrow - love the song.....but...i have to admit it was hard at first to know what the song was....too much of a tubey sound going on, too muich flange for me, not a good recorded sound, drums are tiny, things phase in and out...same with the voice. Not a bad voice though i quite like it....bit more enthusiasm wouldn't hurt...remind me of the Type of negative singer

19) no comment as i havent heard the real song

I hope i havent offended people...but at least i commented on all the people...as for 15/16/17/19...i will listen to the actual songs first...or maybe yours then...write my comments....

if you want to send death threats., bitches, love letter etc...send them to my forum mail box...hahha im expecting a lot of anti letters quote
"you think you know best... you didn't even contribute musically, how dare you blah blah blah" let me say this in my defense, someone going to comment about it, PF fans...people like me!!!