YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS (AND ARTWORK) FROM THE TRIBUTE

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Damn!t wrote:
mosespa wrote:I have a question for the artwork team:

Is it possible to get the disc artwork without the titles on them? Because those three images are INCREDIBLE...but the writing kind of takes something away from them, IMO.
NP!

I have your mail now Sean!
I'll send them asp! :D
Sweet...I can't wait.
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

ok david jay's are totally my favorites! amazing photos. did you really take them yourself???
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

wow. that's quite a compliment. thank you so much. yes, i took the photos myself. i shot a bunch of mundane objects like candles, plastic bottles, bedsheets, etc. and tried to compose them in an artful way. i took the pictures before the npf tribute came about, but when the opportunity to contribute to the artwork arose, i had to send some stuff in because they were definitely inspire by pink floyd. i've always been intrigued by the idea of turning ordinary objects into art. i find the "meddle" album cover to be particularly interesting. the images of an ear superimposed with the ripples on the surface of water is really thought provoking. take two ordinary images and put them together, add a color filter and voila, it's art! thanks again for your kind words.
dukem
Blade
Blade

Post by dukem »

hi, just received the shn's in the vine and my faves are:

Burning Bridges
Pigs 3DO
Grantchester Meadows
Cymbaline
Fearless
High Tide
The Powers That Be
The Great Gig In The Sky

Special mentions goto Damnit, MissBee and David Bruce
I think your work on the album is outstanding and love it.

Brilliant stuff people and thank you for all the hard work, the artwork kicks butt too :)
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Thanks Duke...i can return to the mx room now knowing that noone will say; hey Damn, i heard that this NPF tribute sounds like ******

:lol:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

dukem wrote:High Tide
Im surprised no one picked up on this title when the tracklist was posted, I thought we might have had a nice guessing game on our hands.
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

8) I am really really liking Josip Radi?'s version of Corporal Clegg. Been stuck in my head for days now. :shock:
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Frisky Little Kitty wrote: OE your artwork was beyond stunning as always. :smt050 :smt050 [/b]
Thank you so much... and thank you, too, Linda, for your mention. I'm totally flattered that it was used, and am honored to be a part of this project... :D
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

In The Pink wrote:8) I am really really liking Josip Radi?'s version of Corporal Clegg. Been stuck in my head for days now. :shock:
many thanks!!!
I haven't heard the cds yet... grrrr...
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

Post by Welcome to my machine »

After weeks of trying to get the damn software up and running mkw SUCKS!!! A new comer by the name of bunnie gave me a better site none as 'shorten' i have finally managed to convert them to wav and listen...at the moment i have listened to Disc 3 so im going to do a so called review and try to be as honest as possible without offending anyone and I know i haven't contributed musically....

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS MY OPINION SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I SAY TO HEART BUT CRITICSM MAKES US GROW...WITHIN REASON

1) speak to me - good solid/ who are the American voices from i love american women's voices..and yours lady sounds lovely

2) breath - love the fact that the intro is your own and it works really well

3)on the run - intrestingn voice spasm thing at the beginning...really midi like the whole xperience...remind me of Vangelis

4) time - love what youve done stu with the clocks hahah, youve really brought the song a modern flavour with the digi watch alarm ...singer has a good sense of tune....your voice reminds me of les claypools but better...youve got a country twang to your voice..Baden i think your name was...is it jsut you playing all the instruments...coz thats impressive..love the solo...feels like u really got into it...moving your whole body and bitting your lip Gilmour style!!!

5) great gig in the sky - WHO ON EARTH IS THAT WOMAN...i want to marry you!!!! (my gf wouldnt be pleased but she'll live)....amazing....!!!

6) Money - whats with the osciallator on the voice?...same as the guitar...not bad...got the sax dowen nicely...all good..

7) Us and them - very atmospheric, im not a huge fan of the synth and a girl singer is a nice touch....got a cyndi lauper thing going on.... drums are very La Femme D'Argent (by AIR)

8) any colour you like - what can i say...sOLID

9) brain damage - reminds me of an ian brown/richard ashcroft remix....interesting...and that pulsing farty fake bass....doesnt do it for me...as i play bass and i hate fake bass sounds...but its new and i give u credit for originiality

10) Eclipse - the more and more i listen to the two together and i like it...the end is amazing! i love it

11) wish you were here - one of my favourite songs, this song was the reason i got into floyd, oooooo just heard the bass....sorry thats a no no for me!! especially with the fuzz on.....my god.....whoz singing....sound like a punker / manson.......sorry guys....i admire u tried to make it your own....but.....I'll leave it at that :shock:

12) see emily play- wow a pick me up after that.....im not a fan of the song...but i think u've brought something new to it...i like your version better hahahaha well done!

13) Learning to fly - beginning is very SADE....i was expecting a sax to come in....daMN GOOD VOICE!!! you rock man! i love it....i love the song....but i like the rainforesty feeling you give with your congos and bongs...GREAT STUFF :o , is gilmour singing and playing with you? hahaha

14) The fletcher memorial home- i hate synths like this....i hate the song....nothing against you, you do an alright job.... but i hate synths...they really get to me...well this particular efffect...fake strings!!

15) no comment as i havent heard the real song
16)no comment as i havent heard the real song
17)no comment as i havent heard the real song

18) Sorrow - love the song.....but...i have to admit it was hard at first to know what the song was....too much of a tubey sound going on, too muich flange for me, not a good recorded sound, drums are tiny, things phase in and out...same with the voice. Not a bad voice though i quite like it....bit more enthusiasm wouldn't hurt...remind me of the Type of negative singer

19) no comment as i havent heard the real song

I hope i havent offended people...but at least i commented on all the people...as for 15/16/17/19...i will listen to the actual songs first...or maybe yours then...write my comments....

if you want to send death threats., bitches, love letter etc...send them to my forum mail box...hahha im expecting a lot of anti letters quote
"you think you know best... you didn't even contribute musically, how dare you blah blah blah" let me say this in my defense, someone going to comment about it, PF fans...people like me!!!
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Thanks for the compliment.....Being compared to someone like Les Claypool is very flattering. I only played the guitar parts on TIME...I downloaded the Midi file from the midi section of this site and removed the guitars. Glad ya liked it.....I actually submitted Comfortably Numb and recorded this as an afterthought. I haven't heard the CD's yet as the vine has not reached me yet. Take care. " IRONBADEN " MacLeod
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

Welcome to my machine wrote: 18) Sorrow - love the song.....but...i have to admit it was hard at first to know what the song was....too much of a tubey sound going on, too muich flange for me, not a good recorded sound, drums are tiny, things phase in and out...same with the voice. Not a bad voice though i quite like it....bit more enthusiasm wouldn't hurt...remind me of the Type of negative singer
well, that one was mine and i take no offense at all. you are right on with your comments. the whole thing was constructed from a 4 track rehearsal tape of my band in '92. we didn't even really record the whole song. the tape ran out before we finished. i had to cut/splice/loop/fade my way through it. and yes, the fidelity was not very good. neither was the performance, but it was the only thing i had that i could contribute to the project, now that i'm no longer in a band, so there ya go! it is what it is and i'm happy to be a part of it. thanks for your input. a little honesty is refreshing. i'm currently working on a version of "several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave an grooving with a pict" that i'm hoping i'll be able to submit for volume 2 (if there is one). i don't need a band for that. i'm doing it the way roger did it. constructing beats from found sounds and pitching/reversing my voice to create the "small furry animals". i may even put a hidden message in there somewhere. (there's one in "sorrow". anybody notice?) now all i have to do is brush up on my gaelic!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Hey, Welcome to My Machine, and others wishing to write something...I guess I can't really speak for other musicians, but I know myself, and I think most others would welcome any kind of comments...from my point of view, and I would imagine others' as well, contructive criticism is always welcomed, and we understand that not everyone is going to like our song, either because they don't like the original, or they don't like our versions...all we ask is, if you are going to say you don't like our song, tell us why. So as for you, Welcome to My Machine, your comments were refreshingly honest and sincere. Although none of your comments were directed at my contribution, I certainly appreciated that honesty.
W1P
Blade
Blade

Tali

Post by W1P »

Welcome to my machine wrote:
5) great gig in the sky - WHO ON EARTH IS THAT WOMAN...i want to marry you!!!! (my gf wouldnt be pleased but she'll live)....amazing....!!!
Her name is Tali Azerad and her website is http://www.talimusic.com Let's just say that we at Which One's Pink? are extremely happy to have found her!
Welcome to my machine
Blade
Blade

Post by Welcome to my machine »

wow its nice to hear that my comments havent bruised you or anything...
sorry massed gadgets which song was yours i will have to look it up...i havea lot to learn about floyd...ive only listened to some of TDB, Dostm, WYWH, animals, the wall and a little bit of final cut, see emily play, and astronomy domain....im not too keen on the syd stuff..but i am open minded...oh yeah and echoes, atom heart, fat old sun and one of these days...i have yet to look at those albums in depth...piper onwards till atom heart...or was it obscured by clouds....

yeah its nice to hear back from u all and hey i couldnt have done better than the worst band there so..congrats none the less