YOUR FAVOURITE SONGS (AND ARTWORK) FROM THE TRIBUTE

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
monsoon33
Embryo
Embryo

Post by monsoon33 »

14) The fletcher memorial home- i hate synths like this....i hate the song....nothing against you, you do an alright job.... but i hate synths...they really get to me...well this particular efffect...fake strings!!

I'll take the compliment and/or critique well..I know where you're coming from on synth strings perspective .But on rebuttle, I have to say , with budgeted music equipment (and time) that one would have for a song like this, its not like I can ask the local Bellflower Symphony to lend a hand on the song. I could have asked but doubt they would have had time. So with those circumstances, thats all I could have done. But thanks for the compliment
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Welcome to my machine wrote:sorry massed gadgets which song was yours i will have to look it up
I did Cirrus Minor, last song on disc 1.
hueni
Axe
Axe

Post by hueni »

so far i only had the chance to download CD1 (poor modem 56K connection) and all tribute songs are really great but most surprising for me were the version of cymbaline and corporal glegg
monsoon33
Embryo
Embryo

Post by monsoon33 »

Can I just say that the album is just phenomenal.Everyone on this project was just absolutely great and talented. Every single last one of you..You are all an inspiration to me.

My favorites:

Learning to Fly:

Jesus Christ!! Wonderful arrangement ..genius vocals

On The Turning Away:
Somebody knows their effects arranging because I've been trying to get that solo sound for years and yet still havent acheived.tell me the secret!!!

Mudmen:
Great right on the money..a favorite with the people at my office

Dark Side contributors:
Everyone on here was terrific ..Us and Them is the stand out .I mean its different , but still keeps to the legitimacy of the song. Beautiful arrangement. guys

Cymbaline:
Wow...keep that up!

Like I said all were great .I am glad to be a part of this international project.You all are like family now..Cant wait to hear you all on Vol. 2
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I feel like I'm the last one to get the tribute cd's! But it was worth the wait- (Thank you very much, Mooner!)
I think everyone deserves big kudos for their contributions, and Stu did a phenomenal job of putting it all together... it's a wonderful tribute, all the way 'round.... You ALL kicked ass!
It's tough to pick favourites, but here are the ones that really stand out, to me:
1) Pigs (3 D.O.)- Mossy, you gave it an original twist, while staying true to the original; Fantastic job!
2) Stop- I don't know off hand who did it, :oops: , but I absolutely love it!(Disc 1; Track 4)
3) The Powers That Be- Wow! Great vocals! (Claire); Mossy, you know how to pick 'em! You both nailed it.

Those are my top 3- I also like Burning Bridges, Grantchester Meadows, Hey You, Time, Atom Heart Mother.... :D
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

I just recieved mine Yesterday!....LOL I never had a chance to listen to everything yet....... But that time Dude...... Who was that...... Awesome....... :wink:
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

ironbaden wrote:I just recieved mine Yesterday!....LOL I never had a chance to listen to everything yet....... But that time Dude...... Who was that...... Awesome....... :wink:
Time IS good, isn't it? Stuie outdid himself, there!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Ok...I'v finally heard NONE OF US IS PINK. Thanks to mr. Mooner.

Good job all arround!
I have few of my favorites, but STOP is really above everything else i have to say.
Great song and one hellowa interpretation.
MissBee kicks ass too and also my homie Josip. Nice work crofloyd!
Gratnchester Meadows seems...i dunno...not so good now when i heard the rest of the album.

...art sucks... Art dept. will have to do a better job next time...hehe
Last edited by Damn!t on Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

Damn!t wrote:Ok...I'v finally heard NONE OF US IS PINK. Thanks to mr. Mooner.

Good job all arround!
I have few of my favorites, but STOP is really above everything else i have to say.
Great song and one hellowa interpretation.
MissBee kicks ass too and also my homie Stjepan. Nice work crofloyd!
Gratnchester Meadows seems...i dunno...not so good now when i heard the rest of the album.

...art sucks... Art dept. will have to do a better job next time...hehe

Linda> O--O <Bran

Oh what??? And Grantchester Meadows was what??? shite???? :?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Now, now hunny...it's not shite....but...you know...i could have done a much better job with this song. Much better!

And besides, you're not the one who's objective here... :wink:
In The Pink

Post by In The Pink »

ME? Not objective??? :shock: I am the most objective person on the planet. :lol:
:-k So, you think you could have done much better... I might be a bit affraid of hearing "better".
That might just be too much to handle. :smt060
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Let me start by saying that On Friday evening I had the pleasure of Listening to the most incredible array of talent I think I've ever heard. It's found on a 3 CD set entitled " None of Us is Pink ". I sat back with some family and a few drinks and listened to this amazing set. The talent in this forum is just unbelievable..... Here are the highlights for me in no particular order....... ( Keep in mind that all the tracks were great....these just stood out to me )

1. Darkside..... (I'm a little Biased cuz I Played on time) Us and Them and Great Gig were amazing
2. Keith Jordan - Burning Bridges ....love the song ..great version
3. Keychain Logic - Pigs (Three Different Ones)....WOW what a rockin version
4. Damn!t - Grantchester Meadows very nice
5. The Turning Away - Stop ... I listened to this 5 times in a row.....what a great spin
6. .Lovespirals - Cymbaline ... Love her voice
7. Beats Working - See Emily Play ...can't wait to hear Arnold Lane
8. Orange Apostrophe - Cirrus Minor ...very dark like the original

these are just some of the highlights on my first couyple of listens... I know I'm forgetting some so I'll stop....sorry for the long post but I just had put in my 2 cents worth... Again I just wanna say that every performance was great and you can't just listen to one CD...... Can't wait for volume 2. :D
Floydian Slip
Axe
Axe

First Impressions of the First CD..

Post by Floydian Slip »

It's perhaps inappropriate to talk about favourites, but these would be up there if I had to choose...

I absolutely love Stop - I just think it's brilliant. The vocals are great, and the guitar work is really cool. I really like the delays on "time" and "know" - a great (and clever) reference to the original.

Pigs (Three Different Ones) was really good too - It's great to hear a song I love with such freshness and raw energy.

Is There Anybody Out There scares the bejeesus out of me! It's more paranoid than anything I've heard in a long time - brilliant.