VOLUME 2 Submitted and work in progress songs!!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I am contributing Atom Heart Mother, and a sly wee pow R toc H, if stu has the room (yes, both instrumentals, I am no Pavaroti Jordan)
stranger at home
Axe
Axe

Post by stranger at home »

Hey STU! Any room for our band's rendition of "Young Lust" ?? We have it kicking around, and it rocks pretty good...since I didn't see any one else with this one (I don't remember seeing, anyway) we'd like to contribute, if possible!

Cheers!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

stranger at home wrote:Hey STU!
...out there in the cold! :D If you have a song in mind that you want to do please send me a private message to let me know so I know for sure. Sorry, I hope this doesnt look like Im picking on you but there is always a chance that I might miss a post here so folks so please let me know which songs you will definitely be doing so I can add them to the lists. Lets keep this simple, I shouldnt need to come running after you!
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

I'm gonna have to sit this round out this time around...

I've not been on the forum since before Live 8 and just haven't been able to get the time to be online any more. There's just too much going on with living arrangements, work, family, etc, to be here as often.
Hopefully all will be back to normal by September or October, so if there's still time by then I might have a go at something.

Have fun!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am going to try and record Pillow of Winds tomorrow as my family are going on holiday and I will have the house to myself so can make loads of noise!! yay!! 8)
stranger at home
Axe
Axe

Post by stranger at home »

I think I'm frightened by Keith's avatar :shock:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

stranger at home wrote:I think I'm frightened by Keith's avatar :shock:
You're My Wife Now, Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to make pillow of winds sound like something off darkside of the moon! lol I will have to buy a guitar now damn it!! I bought an E-MU controller keyboard the other day just to do the drums on as I sold my drum kit to a friend as I left the band I was in as I dont really like playing drums anymore. I bought a Yamaha P250 to make me feel better...... and sold my PSR9000 home keyboard!! lol So I am hoping to make a decent recording today.

What a silly little early morning ramble that was! :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Keith Jordan wrote:
What a silly little early morning ramble that was! :lol:
You're my hero, Keith.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I can do the Dark side of the Moon guitar tone... its called "Univibe".
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

That would be cool, Baden, if you wanted to give it a go I can take Comfortably Numb off the submitteed list and add Raving and Drooling to the work in progress list, its up to you of course and if no one else does Comfortably Numb I might be able to squeeze it on too.[/quote]

I PM'd you about changing my choice to Childhood's End. I'm not really satisfied with Numb! I'm gonna mess with Raving and Drooling. I may try to combine them some how.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

ironbaden wrote:That would be cool, Baden, if you wanted to give it a go I can take Comfortably Numb off the submitteed list and add Raving and Drooling to the work in progress list, its up to you of course and if no one else does Comfortably Numb I might be able to squeeze it on too.
I PM'd you about changing my choice to Childhood's End. I'm not really satisfied with Numb! I'm gonna mess with Raving and Drooling. I may try to combine them some how.[/quote]
:shock: ooops......I'm new to this Quote stuff!..... :-;
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

AWWWWWWWWWWGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :oops:
dc_disciple
Blade
Blade

Post by dc_disciple »

Good to see no one has claimed Mother yet. I was playing through several Floyd songs on my acoustic guitar and came up with a jazzy version of the song, and hopefully soon I will record it, though I thought about doing a punk version of When the Tigers Broke Free...
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

How do we know what has been claimed so far?

What I mean is can songs that were done on the first trib be done on this one?

Thanks

Matt
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Parish wrote:What I mean is can songs that were done on the first trib be done on this one?
Yep, all songs are fair game.