VOLUME 2 Submitted and work in progress songs!!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
missbee
Axe
Axe

late night

Post by missbee »

if -- and this is a big if -- i get the chance, i'd like to try a version of "late night." my bandmate says we don't have time right now since we're preparing our new album, but i might try to do it acapella or even fool around on slide guitar and hand drums myself to see how it sounds. wish me luck, people!
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

Echoes...

more than likley
Skidpuppy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Skidpuppy »

I'd like to add my cover of Sorrow and or Learning To Fly.
In The Pink

Re: late night

Post by In The Pink »

missbee wrote:if -- and this is a big if -- i get the chance, i'd like to try a version of "late night." my bandmate says we don't have time right now since we're preparing our new album, but i might try to do it acapella or even fool around on slide guitar and hand drums myself to see how it sounds. wish me luck, people!

Oh oh oh please do try! That is one of my utterly FAVOURITE Syd songs. Depending on my mood, my fave! It would be wonerful to hear you sing it! It is a perfect song for attempting acapella! I am sure that any version you make of it would be WELL worth submitting to the tribute! I hope to see it on there.

Oh and,

BEST OF LUCK !!
JackWillowbee
Embryo
Embryo

Echoes

Post by JackWillowbee »

If no one is doing that, i'd love to do it...
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:08 am Post subject: Echoes
JackWillowbee wrote:If no one is doing that, i'd love to do it...
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:25 pm
jonesy wrote:Echoes...

more than likley
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:08 pm in topic: NPF live show: September 14th @ The Portland, Hove, England!
Norbert Wilkins wrote:I advise you all to petition Jonesy's band to tackle Echoes for Volume 2 of the NPF Tribute album. Their version was superb.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

i've submitted my cover of "several species" to stu. i've put it on a download page if you would like to check it out before the tribute is put together. download it here:
http://mysite.verizon.net/resqx417/
it's a freebie website, so the download bandwidth will probably max out quickly. if the page is unavailable, try again another day. enjoy!
PF-NeXtBiGThInG
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PF-NeXtBiGThInG »

Can you hold up Comfortably Numb and/or Pigs 3DO? Me and my bandmate need to get in contact with one another to discuss what we wanna do.
puddletown_tom
Blade
Blade

Post by puddletown_tom »

I want to add my band's version of Paintbox, my fav Wright song. We recorded it with 12-string Rickenbacker, acoustic guitar, Fender Rhodes, Wurly, and a load of percussion instruments. Trying to get that chaotic Barrett strum right is the toughest part!
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

puddletown_tom wrote:I want to add my band's version of Paintbox, my fav Wright song. We recorded it with 12-string Rickenbacker, acoustic guitar, Fender Rhodes, Wurly, and a load of percussion instruments. Trying to get that chaotic Barrett strum right is the toughest part!
Sounds like an interesting version! Look forward to hearing it.
puddletown_tom
Blade
Blade

Post by puddletown_tom »

Massed Gadgets wrote:
puddletown_tom wrote:I want to add my band's version of Paintbox, my fav Wright song. We recorded it with 12-string Rickenbacker, acoustic guitar, Fender Rhodes, Wurly, and a load of percussion instruments. Trying to get that chaotic Barrett strum right is the toughest part!
Sounds like an interesting version! Look forward to hearing it.
Thanks. We're almost done with it, just a bit more editing and I'll ship it out. I'm anxious to hear everybody's submissions on the finished comp.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I changed my mind...I was going to do Remember a Day, but then I decided to change it to Julia Dream, though I may end up doing both anyway, if no one else goes for Remember a Day.
puddletown_tom
Blade
Blade

Post by puddletown_tom »

Massed Gadgets wrote:I changed my mind...I was going to do Remember a Day, but then I decided to change it to Julia Dream, though I may end up doing both anyway, if no one else goes for Remember a Day.
Remember Julia Day's Dream a medley by Massed Gadgets. . . :)
horst
Embryo
Embryo

Post by horst »

I changed my mind...I was going to do Remember a Day, but then I decided to change it to Julia Dream, though I may end up doing both anyway, if no one else goes for Remember a Day.
Hello, after racking my brain for something to do after several months, I started working on Remember A Day last month. Partially recorded it, and am happy with the direction. If you don't mind, can I have it? Sorry! :oops: Julia Dream is a GREAT song!

FAO Stu: SOrry about the no show at Hove. Put briefly, had a lot of ongoing and serious family / personal issues that started around that week (hence no posting), added to that the rest of my band were double booked... Hope you had a good turn out though, wish i was there.

Tom
horst
Embryo
Embryo

Post by horst »

I want to add my band's version of Paintbox, my fav Wright song. We recorded it with 12-string Rickenbacker, acoustic guitar, Fender Rhodes, Wurly, and a load of percussion instruments. Trying to get that chaotic Barrett strum right is the toughest part!
Wow sounds yummy! There's acertain something to Mr Wright's early compositons. I truly cannot wait to hear it. Before setting my sights on Remember a Day, a demoed Paintbox with Acoustic Guitar, and for some reason sang it like Johnny Cash... :shock: Best left to the proffesionals methinks.

For the record, my brother has mastered The Gunner's Dream on Piano, so might lend him a hand producing a version of that, I haven't noticed that on the list. But that would be under his own belt rather than mine. We also have a version we did of The Final Cut, vack in '97 on 4-track. It's all there but a bit lo-fi! So I won't sulk too much if Remember A Day has been taken.

Cheers.