NPF Tribute DVD! Footage needed!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

NPF Tribute DVD! Footage needed!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

For the DVD of the live NPF show I would also like to include video footage of the tribute CD participants that will be unable play at the show.

Im looking for people to put together videos for their songs. They can be anything from a simple one camera shot miming to your recording in your bedroom to multicam short films. Also if you have filmed any of your own live performances where you have performed a Pink Floyd number that would do, if you have sound board audio from the show as well but not the means to dub it on I can take care of that. I can also edit your footage together for you if you do not have the means to do so yourself, though please try and do as much as you can.

You do not have to make your video for your song that was on volume 1, if you have another Floyd cover you would like to make a video for then please feel free to.

If you are not on volume 1 but will be taking part in volume 2 of the tribute and would like to shoot some video for your upcoming song then that is welcome too.

If you make your own short films and are interested in making one for one of the songs on the tribute but did not play on it yourself please send me a private message or an e-mail to [email protected] and I will put you in contact with the performer of the song so you can discuss any details with them.

Your footage doesnt have to be a super-technicolor Spielberg production. Just do the best you can with whatever equipment you have. As with the audio side of things no ones work is being judged and everyone should feel that they can participate.

Your footage doesnt have to be video footage, if you make your own flash animations or something similar that is also acceptable.

The only rule is that the footage must be your own creation. Please do not use clips from anything such as movies or TV shows.

The preferred format for sending the video footage is on a DVD, video tapes are acceptable too tho I would like to keep any generation loss to a minimum, also DVDs are cheaper for you to send :D

There is no deadline at present for this part of the tribute project, however, any videos I receive before September 14th will be shown at the tribute night during band changeovers.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

Does it have to be the track that was on the Tribute CD?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

black bobble wrote:Does it have to be the track that was on the Tribute CD?
No, not necessarily, anything is fair game, I knew Id miss something out in that post :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

can I submit some film, or is that for the next disk? Wah! Im confused. :roll:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

my breakfast. wrote:can I submit some film, or is that for the next disk? Wah! Im confused. :roll:
Yes you can submit some film, it can be for any Floyd cover of your own or I could use it for one of the existing covers on volume 1.

Essentially what Im compiling is a bunch of DVD extras that will allow people unable to play at the live show to still be involved in the DVD.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

OK pow R toc H Stu? and I can walk around the greenbelt miming screams.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

my breakfast. wrote:OK pow R toc H Stu? and I can walk around the greenbelt miming screams.
Go for it! try and freak out some dog walkers while you're there too :lol:
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

Stu. sent you message re. help in filming/editing for London based paticipants.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:OK pow R toc H Stu? and I can walk around the greenbelt miming screams.
Go for it! try and freak out some dog walkers while you're there too :lol:
lol :lol: 8)
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

I feel duty bound to bring up the nasty subject of television standards. Camcorders bought in the UK, Europe and Asia will almost certainly be PAL format and those bought in the US or Japan will be NTSC. The problem is that it is physically impossible to combine PAL and NTSC signals on the same DVD, so one will need to be converted to the other. As (I imagine) the bulk of the footage received will be in PAL format it makes sense to go with this format for the time being, but there are a few other issues to consider. Firstly, most American TVs will not show PAL signals, while many TVs bought in the UK these days will play NTSC. Secondly, converting from one format to the other (which is a bit of a pig, TBH) inevitably introduces a certain fuzziness to the image. It would be good if people making films in America could perform the conversions themselves and send PAL versions along with NTSC copies. It might be worth considering producing two versions of the disc, one for the USA, Canada, Japan and the left-hand side of South America, the other for the rest of the world.

Sorry to be such a doom-monger, but I think these things should be considered now rather than later, where the headaches caused could be immense.

Incidentally, PAL offers superior line resolution to NTSC, so it makes sense to start with PAL and convert to NTSC later rather than the other way around, which is why I suggest that people producing films in NTSC regions take it upon themselves to produce PAL versions as well as NTSC - the NTSC versions can be dropped in to the USA/Canada/Japan project at a later date with no loss in quality.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

I did consider the PAL / NTSC issue but fortunately I have a buddy that works for a video production company that make corporate films and hes going to do the honours over the course of various lunch breaks so it wont be a problem. I have another buddy thats a media lecturer at one of the Brighton Universities and has access to all the equipment there and has offered to help out too so I have it covered, it wont be a problem. There'll be 2 versions.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Oh, okay. Disregard everything I just said...
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Norbert Wilkins wrote:Oh, okay. Disregard everything I just said...
LOL, Im glad you brought it up because it has taken care of that side of things, I think there definitely would be questions about it. The only thing I know we cant deal with is 8mm NTSC tapes, they would have to be converted to VHS before sending over.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Can you edit it if I leave it as raw footage?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

my breakfast. wrote:Can you edit it if I leave it as raw footage?
Yep, no problem but do try and do as much as you can your end as I expect there'll be a lot of people requiring editing work.