Volume 2 download format.

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!

Preferred download format for next tribute CD

SHN
41%
FLAC
59%

Total votes: 22

simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Keith Jordan wrote:Who is going to write the "idiot-proof" tutorial for using FLAC then?
Thats a good question, it would be useful if someone could set aside a few minutes to put something together. Theres still a few months before this will be ready to download so that does allow people time to familiarise themselves with the format and of course its popularity is growing day by day but you do make a good point about potentially alienating people that dont understand it and we dont want to do that. If the voting is still a close call by the time the CDs are ready then I think SHN would be the best way to go for simplicity's sake. I did notice tho that the Experimental Energy recording is almost at a 1000 downloads now with nowhere near the kind of promotion that the tribute set has had so I think the potential is there to use flac. I guess we'll have to see how it all unfolds in a few months, of course theres always the possibility that a new convertor will show up in the same mould as the MKW one, maybe even the MKW convertor will be flac compatiable by then, that would be ideal.