David Gilmour PRESALE PASSWORD!!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Does anybody know how the internet presale works? Are ALL the tickets available through the presale or just a select few? I'm stumped. I wanted two tickets side by side in the 60.00 range (I'm a poor college student) to one of the Chicago shows and I could find none. If there are more available when the public sale starts then I will not worry as much :smt017
danpunch
Axe
Axe

Post by danpunch »

I tried the NYC show & kept getting "none available".

I was able to get 2 great seats for the Hollywood show!

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smt114 MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME! :smt114
meddle man
Embryo
Embryo

Post by meddle man »

I got my NYC tickets yesterday, no password needed.
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

cwta eugene wrote:Does anybody know how the internet presale works? Are ALL the tickets available through the presale or just a select few? I'm stumped. I wanted two tickets side by side in the 60.00 range (I'm a poor college student) to one of the Chicago shows and I could find none. If there are more available when the public sale starts then I will not worry as much :smt017
After a quick vistit to the Ticketmaster website, here is what I found: "Members of Gilmour's official fan club will have first dibs on tickets via an online presale that starts Tuesday (12/20). Information about the fan club is posted at Gilmour's website.

All remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public via Ticketmaster during the second weekend in January, according to Columbia Records. (Ticketmaster is liveDaily's parent company.)"

Not sure if that answers your question. I do think it was crap that Daves site didn't post anything until 30 min before they went on sale. I've been on ebay and the prices are crazy. I'm willing and able to pay quite a bit of money for 2 tickets at the 2nd show in Chicago. But as any of us, I want front row center ( at least front row!). I may just call Ticketmaster and get the scoop on tickets that will go "public" in Jan.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I got 2 tickets for Massey Hall on the 2nd night
$115 each and wayyy up in the second balcony
I assumed I'd waited too long and that was all that was left
but next day I saw in the paper tickets dont go on sale til Jan 14th ?!!??
so I phoned TicketMaster and asked what I just spent 1% of my years income on then
apparently they were only selling some seats online, and others go on sale then
but I couldnt find out if the better (and even more expensive) seats were already sold or were being held until January

Q: has anybody whos got tickets got floor seats yet?
word is every seat in Massey Hall is good
and if I'm at an angle where I can see his fingers when he plays that lap steel thingie, then maybe thats a positive...
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

There really aren't any bad seats in Massey Hall as far as sight lines go; and the acoustics are good no matter where you sit.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

yes, all seats are good...there are a couple of pillars though. I'm waiting till January to buy tickets I've decided (my b-day is the apr. 12th) - taking a chance I guess.

I think, if you walk in to a ticketmaster outlet, they can provide you with a diagram of Massey Hall, and which tickets are available and which are sold (but possibly not till Jan. 14).

btw - I've always wanted to see a PF or related gig here!
Mademoiselle Nobs
Axe
Axe

Post by Mademoiselle Nobs »

So...it sounds like good seats may still be available...and will be on sale in January? My friend got 2nd mezzanine seats at Radio City Music Hall which we'll take in a heartbeat but the possibility of getting up-close seats won't get out of my head. I'd "sell the farm" to sit in the front! (After all, it's derned near impossible to fling lingerie onto the stage from way up in the mezzanine....)
Peppla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Peppla »

They did release floor tickets yesterday, at least for the Toronto shows. I was online right as they went onsale and ended up with 4th and 7th row seats for the two shows respectively. I am not sure if there are still top seats avaialble during the regular onsale.

Also, does anybody know where the $60 seats for Toronto are located? If you still have to pay $115 for setas high in the second balcony, are the $60 seats only those with 'obstructed view'?
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Peppla wrote:They did release floor tickets yesterday, at least for the Toronto shows. I was online right as they went onsale and ended up with 4th and 7th row seats for the two shows respectively. I am not sure if there are still top seats avaialble during the regular onsale.

Also, does anybody know where the $60 seats for Toronto are located? If you still have to pay $115 for setas high in the second balcony, are the $60 seats only those with 'obstructed view'?
Please ....I'm just curious....if $115 is in the second balcony....how much were the floors....oh and welcome to NPF
Peppla
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Peppla »

floors were $150 canadian, plus all the extra ticketbastard service charges....
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Peppla wrote:floors were $150 canadian, plus all the extra ticketbastard service charges....
150 dollars a ticket is just too much money IMO. I mean ....for me anyway....If David was to play in eastern canda...and Roger was to play in around the same time ( and for me that would be in a 3 month period ) at those prices i might go to 1 show....50 Bucks should be top dollar for tickets.....maybe I'm just a cheap skate .....but :D
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Yeah. Pricey.