David Gilmours studio on TV this week (3rd or 5th January)

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

David Gilmours studio on TV this week (3rd or 5th January)

Post by Stephen »

This week sees a two part re-creation of Jerome K Jeromes 1889 novel "Three Men in a Boat" (BBC 3rd Jan and 5th Jan) where three comedians re-enact the story by rowing along the River Thames.Part of the journey involves a visit to David Gilmours floating studio, although unfortunately I dont know which episode will feature this. According to the Radio Times "Dropping in at the floating riverside home of Pink Floyd's guitarist Dave Gilmour--an option not available to Jerome--Rory(McGrath) and Griff(Rhys-Jones) get a tour of Gilmours luxury houseboat, which was once owned by Edwardian entertainer Fred Karno, and are clearly starstruck by this rock idol, but Dara(O'Brien) blithely "claims" never to have heard of Gilmour or Pink Floyd."....yeah right :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

So, is anybody going to record this to DVD?? :)
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Sadly tonight's episode clashes with Teenage Tourette's Camp and Tara Palmer-Tomkinson and Sophie Anderton undergoing Cold Turkey as well as Ray Winstone hamming it up as Sweeney Todd, so I can't guarantee that there won't be a little channel hopping going on come nine o'clock, but it will be interesting to have a look at Dave's floating pad. On any other night I think the sweary kids would win.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Anyone know whether its featured on tonights programme or the second part on Thursday?
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

It's just been on. DG appeared about ten to fifteen minutes into the first episode. Lovely boat, and he treated us to a sneak preview of one of his album's more pastoral moments. Really very pleasant. Having passed on the Rog opera (so far) I think I can see myself buying his solo LP.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Very interesting piece-the Astoria's had quite a history! The work in progress(given the prog was filmed last summer) he played the three chaps sounded ace-nice slide guitar over acoustic-quite languid and trippy.Augers well for March.He did say that not all the songs were quite as restrained as the one we heard tonight.Shame! A bit of that and 10 mins of Island jam related bluesery would do me nicely! I wonder if the island in question is the one a stones throw down the river where the Magna Carta was signed or indeed the one where the houseboat was originally to have been moored?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I missed it I was asleep!! Damn it!! I think my brother recorded it to DVD though... I told him to!! I hope he has!
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Nice little insight to the album that was :D Watch the bit when Rory McGrath just walks up and picks one of Davids guitars up and plays it for a couple of seconds :o :lol: From what I remember David didn't look very happy :lol: Maybe he just smiled, I can't remember :? :D
PDiamond
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PDiamond »

I think some of you would know the PF bt tracker Yeeshkul , because there is a torrent being shared of this tv BBC program in dvd format. (you need to register an account to be able to download it :wink: )
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

PDiamond wrote:I think some of you would know the PF bt tracker Yeeshkul , because there is a torrent being shared of this tv BBC program in dvd format. (you need to register an account to be able to download it :wink: )
i been a member for ages, but my download limit is almost gone (as in home ISP limit of 20GB). I may just be able to get it. But there aren't many seeders atm so i'll wait.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Keith Jordan wrote:I missed it I was asleep!! Damn it!! I think my brother recorded it to DVD though... I told him to!! I hope he has!
Dont panic if he didnt, Im sure you know I did :D I'll get it up on the Echoes Hub in a bit if you want to grab it, I'll probably just put the Gilmour section up as someone mentioned above that the full programme is on Yeeshkul so it would be better to give 2 options.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:he treated us to a sneak preview of one of his album's more pastoral moments.
Just watched the Gilmour part, the song we got a preview of was Smile which hes performed live a few times, it was nice to hear a snippet of the final mix at the end of the segment (at least I presume it was the final mix), from that I think the Gilmour album will be rather pleasant, looking forward to it a lot now.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Saw it, and i got to say, what an amazingly quality boat he has. :shock:
Never seen to much of it until last night's show Wait till you see his toilet
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

David Smith wrote:Saw it, and i got to say, what an amazingly quality boat he has. :shock:
Never seen to much of it until last night's show Wait till you see his toilet
Gold or Platinum? :lol:
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Post by apocalypse »

Diamond with a ruby toilet seat!!