Live From Abbey Road Website Set Up - Gilmour Preview

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Jujufloyd
Axe
Axe

Post by Jujufloyd »

Stephen wrote:Was it worth the wait? Three from On An Island so "no" is the answer. :(

So, what was the set list ? Four songs from OAI were recorded : OAI, The Blue, Smile and Take a Breath...
I guess Take a Breath has been broadcasted (as we could see a excerpt on the web site) and OAI because it was the first single and his "hit".. but the third one ? Smile or The Blue ?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

It was a bit of a snore fest
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Take a Breath, Smile, and On An Island were broadcast.
Wasn't the most amazing broadcast ever, but was still better than a kick in the face, and some nice casual chat between songs.

Had quite a few good Gilmour moments this past year in one way or another, dating back to the Mermaid concert, a year ago this week if I remember correctly?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Cowards wrote:He was promoting his NEW record, so it wasn't as if he was obliged to do Floyd songs... But still, did anyone notice the massive church bell but see no need for it... Strange to bring it but not use it.
They may have used it - they didn't broadcast all of the songs that were recorded. Perhaps they will be an extra feature on his new live DVD...
Land into Gold
Axe
Axe

Post by Land into Gold »

Jujufloyd wrote:
Stephen wrote:Was it worth the wait? Three from On An Island so "no" is the answer. :(

So, what was the set list ? Four songs from OAI were recorded : OAI, The Blue, Smile and Take a Breath...
I guess Take a Breath has been broadcasted (as we could see a excerpt on the web site) and OAI because it was the first single and his "hit".. but the third one ? Smile or The Blue ?
Astronomy Domine was recorded also.

Other songs played on the day were impromptu versions of Echoes and The Stones Play With Fire.

I can't remember whether the cameras were rolling for Play With Fire or Echoes though.

One of the funniest bits that didn't make the cameras was Jon Carin playing an impromptu version of Astronomy Domine on an old keyboard at the back of the studio. Guy Pratt also strummed Money on a double bass before they played Smile.

Personally, I enjoyed Astronomy Domine out of all the songs played that day. This can be seen on the bonus DVD that was released recently.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am going to have to wait until monday night to watch it as I was out last night so missed it! hehe.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Keith Jordan wrote:I am going to have to wait until monday night to watch it as I was out last night so missed it! hehe.
ditto i was out clubbing so missed it :(
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

azza200 wrote:ditto i was out clubbing so missed it :(
Those poor seals!! :lol:

azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

:lol: :lol:
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

That's not very nice, now is it. [/serious]
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Cowards wrote:That's not very nice, now is it. [/serious]
No it's very cruel. If they need to kill the seals (I have never had the need to posess anything made of seal fur and for sure never will have unless I should be forced to move to a very very cold region close to the polar circle) they should at least shoot them. And that was very off topic.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am sorry if I offended anyone with my comments. Yes, it was off topic and I apologise. I will punish myself my removing all the SPAM accounts that signed up in the past two days!! :o :)

Back on topic, the program is repeated tomorrow night (technically Tuesday morning) at 0:15 on channel 4.
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

I didn'd mean you, Keith. I just wanted express my dislike of killing animals with picks. So no need to apologise. :lol: At least not to me.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

That picture vaguely reminded me of a Punt and Dennis sketch in which Hugh Dennis chases a penguin with a chainsaw because it cannot fly, even though it has wings. Very amusing!
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

I was referring to the demonic smiley faces that seemed to be enjoying such a disgustingly barbaric event.

And Keith, I guess you mean "programme". British words may be spelt weirdly, but as a Brit (I guess) you must spell them right!! We don't want Popsicles and Aluminum running riot in the United Kingdom, now, do we!