Live From Abbey Road Website Set Up - Gilmour Preview

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Cowards wrote:And Keith, I guess you mean "programme". British words may be spelt weirdly, but as a Brit (I guess) you must spell them right!!
Indeed, I wrote program which is like a computer program... but I did indeed mean programme!! 8)
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

I'm sure you did.
gilmourgroupie07
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gilmourgroupie07 »

2066 wrote:Yeah! Piss me off! I want "special" Echoes!
Look, not to be harsh but it just wouldn't work.

If it had have been recorded and filmed perfeclty it would have spoilt the suprise of it and even if it was shown through the best sound system and best tv you could never even hope to recapture just how great it was, ever.

So it may just be easier to stop hoping because it's not going to ever be as good, it was blody amazing and I'm sorry but you just had to be there.
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

If it had have been recorded and filmed perfeclty it would have spoilt the suprise of it and even if it was shown through the best sound system and best tv you could never even hope to recapture just how great it was, ever.

So it may just be easier to stop hoping because it's not going to ever be as good, it was blody amazing and I'm sorry but you just had to be there.

I'm sure everyone on here would had liked to have been there

but we couldn't ....so we would like to settle for the not quite the same as being there recording :wink:

And welcome to the forum :D
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

gilmourgroupie07 wrote:
2066 wrote:Yeah! Piss me off! I want "special" Echoes!

were u therE??!!
Land into Gold
Axe
Axe

Post by Land into Gold »

gilmourgroupie07 wrote:So it may just be easier to stop hoping because it's not going to ever be as good, it was blody amazing and I'm sorry but you just had to be there.
I agree and I've got a picture just like yours and a signed OAI CD and Stevie D's drumstick :wink:

I was with Julie :wink:

Incidentally, do you remember whether the cameras were rolling when they played Echoes.

The reason I ask is that the band bowed to us at the end and that was captured on film. If that is the case then surely Echoes must have been recorded. PM me if you prefer not to discuss this in public. I don't want you know you to start yelling at us again.

I think that the TV show was pretty amazing and the sound quality was excellent. Just wished they'd shown AD as well, but then that is on the bonus DVD.

Which was your favourite bit?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I am under the impression that Echoes was performed without being recorded!
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

I reckon they would have filmed it all ....

i dont see why not really .. and i think it would stupid not to..

although maybe someone could enlighten us with more info ???
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Acoustic Echoes...hmm...

I'm not quite sure that I like that idea...
But on the other hand...I didnt have the chance to hear it...who knows...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Watched it an liked the first two artists more! David's was a poor performance in my opinion. Very boring.
madmosellenobs
Embryo
Embryo

Post by madmosellenobs »

Keith Jordan wrote:Watched it an liked the first two artists more! David's was a poor performance in my opinion. Very boring.
A bit like the album
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Damn!t wrote:Acoustic Echoes...hmm...

I'm not quite sure that I like that idea...
But did you like the idea of acoustic Shine On when you first heard it?

I'd love to hear how this acoustic Echoes sounds
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

David Smith wrote:But did you like the idea of acoustic Shine On when you first heard it?
Yes...perhaps you're right...after all...it's David Gilmour we are talking about.
He would make hitting a tree with his head to sound perfect.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

gilmourgroupie07 wrote:So it may just be easier to stop hoping because it's not going to ever be as good, it was blody amazing and I'm sorry but you just had to be there.
Were you in the recording studio when Pink Floyd recorded Interstellar Overdrive for the Peter Whitehead film? If not, then you should never listen to it if your logic is anything to go by, since, like the acoustic version of Echoes, that was a live performance of a song in a recording studio.
Land into Gold wrote:Incidentally, do you remember whether the cameras were rolling when they played Echoes.

The reason I ask is that the band bowed to us at the end and that was captured on film. If that is the case then surely Echoes must have been recorded. PM me if you prefer not to discuss this in public. I don't want you know you to start yelling at us again.
I personally have absolutely no doubt that it was recorded. Why on earth would they have performed it at the Abbey Road recording studios but not recorded it despite having all of the recording equipment set up and ready to use?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Because they did their taping, and were finished, but carried on anyway for fun.