Live From Abbey Road Website Set Up - Gilmour Preview

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

I think i know what she means. Nowadays young people dont know what good music is really.
gilmourgroupie07
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gilmourgroupie07 »

:)[/quote]

Sounds like you need new friends..

:lol:[/quote]

I think you are right, thouhg they are learning and they enjoyed the Abbey road thing but all credit will be lost as they are dragging me to see My Chemical Romance in retalition for me taking them to see a decent band, but I'll just think happy Floydian thoughts and hope for the best.
gilmourgroupie07
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gilmourgroupie07 »

Saint Seiya wrote:do u have more pics?
Sorry but no, Davids website has some though.
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

Sooooo gilmourgroupie07.....details! please :D did gilmour do any cool solos on the acoustic echoes?
Last edited by cymbaline212 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

gilmourgroupie07 wrote:
2066 wrote:Yeah! Piss me off! I want "special" Echoes!
Look, not to be harsh but it just wouldn't work.

If it had have been recorded and filmed perfeclty it would have spoilt the suprise of it and even if it was shown through the best sound system and best tv you could never even hope to recapture just how great it was, ever.

So it may just be easier to stop hoping because it's not going to ever be as good, it was blody amazing and I'm sorry but you just had to be there.
That could be said of any song performed live vs seeing it on the tube. Be that as it may, it would have been great for the rest of us who couldn't be there to see on the tube. Not ranting nor complaining. Just wistful pining.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Somebody on another forum has pointed out that the Abby Road Website actually lists Echoes as being recorded!! :shock: Click on Artist and "g" find Gilmour, click, click on Session Info. and voila, Echoes is listed as the last track "recorded"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: This, and I have posted it somewhere, is a real test of the Blog person who stated it will never be released...hmmm.
Land into Gold
Axe
Axe

Post by Land into Gold »

gilmourgroupie07 wrote:
Cowards wrote: I thought that... And just then I wrote it.

I think I'm quite intitled to be smug for a little while longer, wouldn't you?
This is one of the only places people understand anyway, most of my friends have no idea about anything - it's shocking really.

:)
Yes, so do I ... very smug indeed :wink:

Here we are up on the balcony ... I'm sitting above David's head, slightly to the right ... you can see my knees :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/H ... oad/16.jpg

You get a very good shot of us during Astronomy Domine on bonus DVD.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

From David's website

Here Comes The Sundance – Abbey Road TX in US

For our readers in the US, 'TX' doesn't now mean Texas, but 'Transmission', since we now have details of the Sundance Channel's airings of the Live From Abbey Road series. Apparently, it will have a regular 10PM slot from June 21st (no indication of whether they mean PST, EST, or Miller Time, so check out your local TV listings for details).

David's section is in Show 5, broadcast on July 19th, and it will be the same show as previously seen, which also showcased Amos Lee, plus Joe Sample with Randy Crawford. The US season comprises 12 shows, and other featured artists include Norah Jones, Snow Patrol, Shawn Colvin, Dr. John, Dave Matthews, Wynton Marsalis, and Paul Simon amongst others.

Non-US viewers will be pleased to know that the LFAR show has now been promised to 107 countries; more specific details as we get them. Click here for the official Web site.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Live From Abbey Road Website Set Up - Gilmour Preview

Post by nosaj »

I thought there was going to be a dvd of all the performers?