David Gilmour - Live In Gdansk DVD Cover Revealed

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

David Gilmour - Live In Gdansk DVD Cover Revealed

Post by Keith Jordan »

Well, here it is from Gilmour's blog....

http://blog.davidgilmour.com/2008/05/li ... -cove.html
live_in_gdansk.jpg
Here's a first peek at what will be the cover of David's 'Live in Gdańsk' album, due to be released, it is hoped, sometime in September.

Please click it for a closer look.

You can just about make out the large Solidarność banner at the foot of the stage, signifying the 26th anniversary of the founding of Solidarity, the inspirational trade union which helped defeat communism in Eastern Europe.

David was invited to help mark the occasion by Poland's former President and leader of Solidarity, Lech Wałęsa, and the Mayor of Gdańsk, Paweł Adamowicz.

Do you like it? Your thoughts, as always, are welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: David Gilmour - Live In Gdansk DVD Cover Revealed

Post by Damn!t »

EXTREMELY poor photo montage... again.

To the dude that did that > this is Gilmour for fucks sake.
To OFG > you're OFG for fucks sake.

Guys that do bootleg covers are doing better work these days then this.
Sorry, I couldnt help it.
After Storm's masterpieces, Gilmours covers lately look very poor, blunt and unimaginitive.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Damn!t wrote:After Storm's masterpieces, Gilmours covers lately look very poor, blunt and unimaginitive.
They tend to show a lot of sky and far away shots of him. I wonder why that is.
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

This is a dvd...as in film footage? I thought this was going to be just a live album.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Yeah, I think you made a booboo, Keith, because it looks to me like it will just be a CD, not a DVD.
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

bpmolder wrote:Yeah, I think you made a booboo, Keith, because it looks to me like it will just be a CD, not a DVD.

so what is it ?

hopefully blu ray will be avail....
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Either way, if it's going to be the same track listing as the Royal Albert Hall DVD...well...I have already have versions of those songs live.

From the same damned tour, even.

We all blame "the band" for continuing to release the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over...but with this release, I start blaming Gilmour alone.

Sure, the others ratify it, so they're not blameless...but, come on, Dave.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

mosespa wrote: We all blame "the band" for continuing to release the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over...but with this release, I start blaming Gilmour alone.

I agree, the record companies are more than willing to release the same product many a time and it seems OFG is more than willing to let them do it
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

isnt something better than nothing ?
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

mosespa wrote:Either way, if it's going to be the same track listing as the Royal Albert Hall DVD...well...I have already have versions of those songs live.
First of all, it is just a live album. There have been no reports of any video release of it.

Secondly, this was the only concert that was performed with a forty-piece orchestra, and included Astronomy Domine, as well as a special version of A Great Day for Freedom with orchestrations by the late Michael Kamen.

And thirdly, I would like to eventually see some good footage of this concert, because David did say there was so much fog at one point that they were crawling around blindly on the stage looking for their effects pedals. That's a lot of fog.
Dave_Ubidia
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Dave_Ubidia »

September! woow great DVD coming soon! :lol:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Zippy wrote:David did say there was so much fog at one point that they were crawling around blindly on the stage looking for their effects pedals. That's a lot of fog.
OFG: Obscured By Fog
that would be a cool concert vid
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ZiggyZipgun wrote:
mosespa wrote:Either way, if it's going to be the same track listing as the Royal Albert Hall DVD...well...I have already have versions of those songs live.
First of all, it is just a live album. There have been no reports of any video release of it.

Secondly, this was the only concert that was performed with a forty-piece orchestra, and included Astronomy Domine, as well as a special version of A Great Day for Freedom with orchestrations by the late Michael Kamen.

And thirdly, I would like to eventually see some good footage of this concert, because David did say there was so much fog at one point that they were crawling around blindly on the stage looking for their effects pedals. That's a lot of fog.
Doesn't matter. DVD or CD, it's still going to have audio that is not going to sound very different from audio that I already have.

Are the versions of AD and AGDFF going to be radically different from the ones on PULSE...or Royal Albert Hall (in the case of AD?) Because if not, I see no point in buying them again as I already have live and studio versions of them both.

Finally, fog doesn't really impress me that much...but that's a funny story. :lol: :lol:

corie wrote:isnt something better than nothing ?
I'd probably be slightly less disagreeable if he'd released this before the Royal Albert Hall DVD. That way, the audio might just whet my appetite for a visual representation of the show and I might just buy them both.

However, since the DVD came out first, I already have audio and video from this tour and I just don't see the point of this disc.

To me...this IS nothing. Your results may vary, though. *shrug*
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

How about those Toronto Maple Leafs? Weren't they the best goddamn baseball team to ever win the Super Bowl?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Oops! Well... I want a DVD!!