Remember A Day on Jools Holland Video

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Remember A Day on Jools Holland Video

Post by Keith Jordan »

Thanks to the largesse of the BBC, we're able to bring you the performance of Richard Wright's Remember A Day, which David and his band played as a tribute to Richard in September this year on the 'Later...with Jools Holland' UK TV show.

Remember A Day was originally released on the Pink Floyd album A Saucerful Of Secrets; go to the Live In Gdańsk page to see it and other live video clips which weren't included on David's Live In Gdańsk album/DVD.

Remember A Day, Speak To Me/Breathe/Time/Breathe, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Fat Old Sun, Wish You Were Here, and the non-album song Wot's... Uh The Deal? will be in rotation every few days with other songs from the album's live DVD on the special onscreen video player.

We hope you enjoy the clips and best wishes to all for the holiday season.

http://www.davidgilmour.com/gdansk/
crowman
Blade
Blade

Re: Remember A Day on Jools Holland Video

Post by crowman »

What's nice about this performance is that as well as being a lovely tribute to Rick, he's also playing Syd's slide guitar part.
brrrrr43
Embryo
Embryo

Post by brrrrr43 »

I thought it was a bitter sweet performance because of the circumstance, very emotional. I think Richard was a dear friend to David and David to him.

Watching the Royal Albert Hall 2006 show, it seemed the entire band was having a good time playing for the folks there. Wish I was there, even just for "Echoes".
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I randomly found the 720P rips of the BBCHD broadcasts of the two songs and Remember A Day was done so, so well. Brilliant.