Your Memories of David Gilmour Concerts Your Have Attended

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.

Have you seen David Gilmour Live?

Yes
48%
No
52%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 23

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your Memories of David Gilmour Concerts Your Have Attended

Post by Keith Jordan »

I had the pleasure of watching David Gilmour one time only at the beautiful Manchester Bridgewater Hall theatre on his On An Island 2006 tour. Excellent experience, Crosby and Nash were doing backing vocals and Echoes (my favourite Floyd song) sounded superb! I certainly wouldn't mind watching him again.

Have you seen him live? Care to share your memories?
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Your Memories of David Gilmour Concerts Your Have Attend

Post by wiped »

Well thanks to you Keith, who kindly sold me your Albert Hall tickets , I too got to see Gilmour on the On An Island Tour. It was my first, and so far only, time seeing Gilmour and the fact that it was in the historic Royal Albert Hall made it even more of a special occassion. Beautiful venue , beautiful music. Our seats were surprisingly close to the stage and I was nicely toasted ... a superb night and easily one of my favourite ever concert experiences.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I'm happy for you! :cry: I think I had an exam the day after or something and wouldn't have made it back in time. Oh dear. Glad you had a good time though.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

In my case, thanks to Gilmours management I tracked down my missing tickets (bloody TicketOne) just couple of days before the show.
You can imagine the torture I was going through before going to Italy.
The gig in Milan itself was a magnificant expirience and probably (beside the Floyd in '94) one of the best gig's I'v ever seen.
Like many others, it was worth the ticket chase torture only to see Echoes live, probably for the last time since poor old Rick passed away.
Lovely venue (then a home for Milan's Scala opera), italian crowd was brilliant.
All in all, a precious memory that will stay with me 'till the day I die.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

I've only had the one chance, when Pink Floyd played in Nashville, Division Bell tour. I must say David Gilmour was in good form. As i said that was the only chance I ever had, and the best concert I've ever witnessed.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Almost made it to canceled gig in Venice... [-D-]
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Traveled to Chicago with one of my buddies to see Dave....great show. My bud refused to listen to the On An Island CD until after he could hear it live and he dug it. Dave did a very extended solo at the end of Take A Breath, unlike his DVD releases, and such and it just kept building in intensity....one of the many highlights of the night. My bud said the song was fucking cool and I told him it was my fav on the CD but one fans and critics love to bad mouth. He rolled his eyes. When Echoes started we both each had a tear in our macho eyeballs. The show was even better than the Waters shows I'd seen and loud as it was we were both amazed that neither of our ears were ringing afterwards....a concert first for both of us.....very strange. After Rick died he was even more grateful that I'd talked him into going to that show....a long ass drive for both of us and an even longer one for him....but well worth it.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Saw him in 1984 at hamersmith but haven't seen him since. During his OAI tour when he was in the UK I was in Europe and when he was in Europe I was in the UK
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Sounds like you were trying to avoid him!

Do you remember which day you saw him on? The Saturday, Sunday or Monday show?

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pfcdb ... hp?cid=630
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

It was the sunday show show as i remember having to drive home for work on the monday and boring everybody to death with the details - it was the first time I had seen a solo floyd and was kind of expecting a big stage show like the Floyd but with dave it was more about the music and more about HIS solo music - a little disapointed that he didn't play more floyd stuff - comfortaby numb is the only one I remember and maybe run like hell. Some of the people around us were calling out for Floyd songs and dave looked a little miffed that they wanted Floyd songs and not his. A good show though, like I said more about the music than the spectical of Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Is that the one that was filmed for the Hammersmith Odeon video? Those Gilmour solo concerts (and the delicate sound of thunder concerts) were very 1980s/dated! Too much saxophone!! <.8.> :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

...and mullets.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Keith Jordan wrote:Is that the one that was filmed for the Hammersmith Odeon video? Those Gilmour solo concerts (and the delicate sound of thunder concerts) were very 1980s/dated! Too much saxophone!! <.8.> :D
Im pretty sure that was the Monday nights show
mojoman
Blade
Blade

Post by mojoman »

i;m kickin myself for not trying harder to see the radio city shows in 06, they were awesome from what i;ve heard.

saw him in 84 at the orpheum theater in boston, not a tremendously found memory.......
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

seen DG in festival hall 2002 (night geldof came on ) , albert hall 2006 (when bowie came on)

with floyd maine rd 88 , london docklands 89 , earls court 94, rotterdam 94 hyde park 05

thats all for me :D