My Attempt to send David Gilmour a letter

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
ultimatefloydian
Axe
Axe

My Attempt to send David Gilmour a letter

Post by ultimatefloydian »

I already know that this is going to be a daunting task. I've already heard that the letters that are sent are always sent back with a "returned to sender" message. I know when people try to send him a letter, it's usually to get an autograph. However, that's not what I'm looking for. I already know that he doesn't do autographs (and to be honest if I was in his shoes I probably wouldn't want to either). David Gilmour has always been an idol to me. Not just as a musician, but as a person too (I say the musician part specifically for the reason that I am too a musician). He may have even inspired me to be a musician and express myself through music (I've never been able to express myself properly in words and sometimes its just easier to do it though music. Well it is for me). Anyway does anyone know how this might be possible? I've always wanted to reach out to my favorite musician. But not to glorify him or put him on a pedestal. I just want to talk with him human to human. I originally tried writing to him when I was like six or something like that, but it didn't work well :lol: I also understand that he probably wants to be left alonne and be able to enjoy time with his family. That's completely understandable and very admirable. I just want to try to talk to him as a friend. If anyone knows how they might be able to help me or figure out an address I would be very appreciative. :)
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Re: My Attempt to send David Gilmour a letter

Post by everton1690 »

medication time

:shock:
Mokum69
Blade
Blade

Post by Mokum69 »

Dear Stan
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Cut off your ear and send it in the post.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

They are returned to sender as I imagine he has better things to do with his time like spend it with family and friends. If I was famous, I would not be interested in mad people sending me loads of odd letters. I would find it quite disturbing and unsettling. :shock:
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

It's like an intervention.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

ultimatefloydian wrote:I've always wanted to reach out to my favorite musician. But not to glorify him or put him on a pedestal. I just want to talk with him human to human.
They all say that...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

The price of being famous...
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Someone on another forum I was on said he was the most obnoxious so and so he'd ever met. I asked them to elaborate but they wouldn't.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

my breakfast. wrote:Cut off your ear and send it in the post.
:lol:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I suggest you become an expert in antique wooden boat repairs
find a community college with a course in that field, complete a three year certificate
then look for an established antique wooden boat repairman who needs an apprentice, and get some practical experience
then after a few years start your own business, get some clients, build up some references
and a portfolio: you want to be able to show examples of the antique wooden boats youve repaired
then after about a decade of building your credentials, just wait for Dave to come to you

before you know it you'll be siphoning out David Gilmour's very own bilgewater and you can tell him personally how awesome you think the 2nd guitar solo is in Comfortably Numb during gasps for breath, presuming he hasnt already left the boat for an important business meeting elsewhere
jschexna
Axe
Axe

Post by jschexna »

You could always go visit his stepson in the BIG HOUSE.............LOL :lol:
progo
Axe
Axe

Post by progo »

J Ed wrote:before you know it you'll be siphoning out David Gilmour's very own bilgewater and you can tell him personally how awesome you think the 2nd guitar solo is in Comfortably Numb during gasps for breath, presuming he hasnt already left the boat for an important business meeting elsewhere
\:D/
If you'd get that far, the compliment should be more obscure. "I just LOVE your solo on Fat Old Sun" or "The Narrow Way is my LIFE!"
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

progo wrote:If you'd get that far, the compliment should be more obscure.... "The Narrow Way is my LIFE!"
:lol: i would love to see how Gilmour would react to that comment. It would be like asking Roger why he doesn't play Corporal Clegg and Take Thy Stephescope more often during his live shows
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer
Location: Frogs, Snails... Beurk-Yuck! Cheese, it depends on the smell

Post by kellylily »

He's a grumpy man now. Polly complains about her OH (Old Husband). So how would he great you with a smile... He's been humiliated recently by his son... So he doesn't care about the ones who helped him be where he is now. Albums sold, millions earned...

Even Polly doesn't answer personnally. She needs her assistant...

You wanna see him? His house is in Hove... he's often walking the dog.