My Attempt to send David Gilmour a letter

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Re: My Attempt to send David Gilmour a letter

Post by moodyblue »

You've gotta get real mate. Put yourself in his shoes and how would you feel about people you don't know wanting to talk to you. I'd tell em to F*** off!
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer
Location: Frogs, Snails... Beurk-Yuck! Cheese, it depends on the smell

Post by kellylily »

Why would you do that?? I would not. I'd be thankful to have earned such success because of people like us... So it's being ungrateful...

Of course there's not many people who ask him every day for an autograph so...
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

kellylily wrote:Of course there's not many people who ask him every day for an autograph so...
Why would you think that? I believe that he gets more fan mail with autograph requests than we can imagine.

Remember Ringo telling his fans to bugger of with autograph requests? (Peace and love, peace and love.) I believe that David's not far from that either.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Hudini wrote:
kellylily wrote:Of course there's not many people who ask him every day for an autograph so...
Why would you think that? I believe that he gets more fan mail with autograph requests than we can imagine.

Remember Ringo telling his fans to bugger of with autograph requests? (Peace and love, peace and love.) I believe that David's not far from that either.
Ringo was just trying to save people the trouble of posting things. I think his video about that was misunderstood. Afterall he could just ignore everything everyone sends. Most stars do.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Well he wouldn't have had the need to save people from posting if they haven't been posting too much in the first place. Whatever he meant to say with it, the message he sent was very clear: "Do not post - I will not reply". Whatever his motivation was, this was not misunderstood by anyone.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Hudini wrote:Well he wouldn't have had the need to save people from posting if they haven't been posting too much in the first place. Whatever he meant to say with it, the message he sent was very clear: "Do not post - I will not reply". Whatever his motivation was, this was not misunderstood by anyone.
His motivation was that he's been answering fan mail for decades, and he needs to get on with his life. I didn't feel that there was anything particularly unreasonable in his request, and it's better if he tells us up front that he can't reply to all this mail, rather than he doesn't and just doesn't answer it.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Hudini wrote:Well he wouldn't have had the need to save people from posting if they haven't been posting too much in the first place. Whatever he meant to say with it, the message he sent was very clear: "Do not post - I will not reply". Whatever his motivation was, this was not misunderstood by anyone.
So he's obliged to reply is he?
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

What a bunch of sad fuckers.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Flying pig437 wrote:So he's obliged to reply is he?
I don't understand why are there so many people in the world that honestly think that if they bought a CD it automatically gives them the right to harass the artist by sending them unwanted mail, stalking their house or whatever they think it's appropriate. Just the fact that a person wrote and recorded a piece of music you like doesn't oblige them to be friends with you.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Hudini wrote:
Flying pig437 wrote:So he's obliged to reply is he?
I don't understand why are there so many people in the world that honestly think that if they bought a CD it automatically gives them the right to harass the artist by sending them unwanted mail, stalking their house or whatever they think it's appropriate. Just the fact that a person wrote and recorded a piece of music you like doesn't oblige them to be friends with you.
Well that's kinda my point too.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I sent him one and I'm getting rather impatient over his ignoring me.

kardyl
Axe
Axe

Post by kardyl »

Stephen wrote:I sent him one and I'm getting rather impatient over his ignoring me.

Possibly to do with no return address on the letter? And what's a million bucks these days anyway :?:
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

kellylily wrote:He's a grumpy man now. Polly complains about her OH (Old Husband).
OH = other half

Jovially, I assume.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Gem wrote: Jovially, I assume.
Jovian is more apt these days..... :-;