Brian Rasic speaks about Gilmour

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Brian Rasic speaks about Gilmour

Post by crofloyd »

Brian Rasic, well known rock photographer is the author of Gilmour's Remember that night DVD cover.
He was also present at rehearsals in Bray studios in 2006 where infamous Gilmour-Waters meeting took place. There's a youtube video of that slightly awkward moment. However, according to Rasic, during lunch break all four members of Pink Floyd (Wright was on tour with Gilmour, Mason with Waters) had lunch together and the atmosphere was much more relaxed. Sadly, no photographs surfaced.

You can read the whole interview with Rasic who speaks about the whole OAI tour experience and much more. Unfortunally, the interview is in croatian/serbian - sorry! :)

http://glazbeni.com.hr/interview-brian-rasic/
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Brian Rasic speaks about Gilmour

Post by snifferdog »

Chrome kindly translated it into English for me and I got the general gist of it :D
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

crofloyd wrote:Brian Rasic, well known rock photographer is the author of Gilmour's Remember that night DVD cover.

Well he REALLY fucked up the photoshop job on Gilmour's guitar fretboard.

The fret dots are all over the place compared to the original guitar. Also the cheesy coloured filter effects are a bit OTT.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I'd forgotten about that. How that got quality control I'll never know. Especially seeing as Gilmour sells himself as being Mr Guitar
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

my breakfast. wrote:Also the cheesy coloured filter effects are a bit OTT.
Thats not the effects. Thats concert lights on coming back to life. The fretboard is fucked thats true.

Thanks for this dalmatinac!
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

crofloyd wrote:He was also present at rehearsals in Bray studios in 2006 where infamous Gilmour-Waters meeting took place. There's a youtube video of that slightly awkward moment.
Have you got a link to that please. Ah. Do you mean this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4OpF9Xa5E

I'd always thought that was from the rehersals for Live 8 in 2005.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Flying pig437 wrote:
crofloyd wrote:He was also present at rehearsals in Bray studios in 2006 where infamous Gilmour-Waters meeting took place. There's a youtube video of that slightly awkward moment.
Have you got a link to that please. Ah. Do you mean this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4OpF9Xa5E

I'd always thought that was from the rehersals for Live 8 in 2005.
that's the one...
Matz
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Matz »

I hadn't seen that previously mentioned youtube clip before of Roger and David meeting. Auuch, that was painful to watch, thank God they're on better terms nowadays
Welcome2TheMachine
Axe
Axe

Post by Welcome2TheMachine »

my breakfast. wrote:
crofloyd wrote:Brian Rasic, well known rock photographer is the author of Gilmour's Remember that night DVD cover.

Well he REALLY fucked up the photoshop job on Gilmour's guitar fretboard.

The fret dots are all over the place compared to the original guitar. Also the cheesy coloured filter effects are a bit OTT.
That's horrid! I took the liberty of using my Photoshop Skills to correct that terrible error.

Here is the fixed version: