Time for Gilmour to tour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
GeezerButler
Axe
Axe

Time for Gilmour to tour?

Post by GeezerButler »

What are your thoughts on this? I think it's time for David to embark on a short tour, at least.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Time for Gilmour to tour?

Post by Keith Jordan »

I imagine he will do in the next year or two. He is said to be working on a new album and is perhaps half way through by now. Nothing confirmed mind.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

He won't tour w/o new material.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Another album and another tour would be great. Too bad it would have to be without Rick.
3Dasha
Axe
Axe

Post by 3Dasha »

Considering the fact, that there's already at least one new song(which David played on Polly's birthday party) and according to Polly, he's definitely not retired, the album is under production. + Gilmour already mentioned that he had ideas for the new one in some On An Island-era interview. I suppose he uses Bowie's strategy now: laying low and then surprising everyone. 8)

I loved 'Remember that Night' DVD and the possibility of a tour is amazing.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

GeezerButler wrote:What are your thoughts on this? I think it's time for David to embark on a short tour, at least.

Why would he tour just for the sake of it? He didnt before OAI so why would he tour without new material. I will be seeing Guy Pratt in Windsor next month so i will ask if anything is in the pipeline. All we can expect from David is the odd appearance now and again.