Setlist for 2015 tour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Odins_Echoes
Embryo
Embryo

Setlist for 2015 tour?

Post by Odins_Echoes »

Any ideas of a setlist for the tour? I'm basing this mostly around the format of the last tour. It's probably pretty unlikely he'll do anything fro David Gilmour or About Face, but he should because they're HIS songs! I think Anisina and Remember a Day would work well as a tribute to Rick.

Set I:
Speak to Me/Breathe
Time/Breathe reprise
New Album in full

Set 2:
Castellorizon
On An Island
There's No Way Out Of Here
You Know I'm Right
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Remember a Day
Anisina (Gilmour on piano, then to lap steel for solo)
Then I Close My Eyes
Fat Old Sun
High Hopes > (Segue of Eyes to Pearls/Surfacing)
Louder Than Words
Sorrow

Encore:
Marooned
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
zucchero
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Setlist for 2015 tour?

Post by zucchero »

Odins_Echoes wrote:Any ideas of a setlist for the tour? I'm basing this mostly around the format of the last tour. It's probably pretty unlikely he'll do anything fro David Gilmour or About Face, but he should because they're HIS songs! I think Anisina and Remember a Day would work well as a tribute to Rick.

Set I:
Speak to Me/Breathe
Time/Breathe reprise
New Album in full

Set 2:
Castellorizon
On An Island
There's No Way Out Of Here
You Know I'm Right
Remember a Day
Then I Close My Eyes
Fat Old Sun
Louder Than Words
Sorrow

Encore:
Marooned
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Too much songs... I belive that he will play around 2 hours so it's about 20 songs. Here you have it 17 + full new album with at least 10 songs. I don't think so. Maybe he will play something like this in RAH but on the other concerts he won't.

Now, about songs, you forgot Coming back to life. One of his favourite songs that he deicated to his wife. He will play this song 100%. Louder than words will be cool because this will be the first time to hear this song live preformed. I will also prefered On the turning away...
Odins_Echoes
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Odins_Echoes »

yeah, I'm pretty sure he won't do "Sorrow" or "Marooned" but those would be cool to see. Since he probably won't do "Echoes", I think that would leave space for more songs as he probably won't do any others that are 25 minutes long. Probably 10 song 2nd set? Hoping that he keeps "Fat Old Sun" from the last tour. "On the Turning Away" would be nice to see, but that seems more likely to be rotated in and out. I think it would be cool if he does a transition from High Hopes into Louder than words, mixing the last two songs from the last two PF albums. Any ideas on if he'll do any Syd songs?

Set I:
Speak to Me/Breathe
Time/Breathe reprise
New Album in full

Set 2:
Castellorizon
On An Island
There's No Way Out Of Here or I Know I'm Right
Remember a Day
Fat Old Sun
Coming Back to Life
Louder Than Words

Encore:
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I think we'll still get a nice Syd tribute and Remember A Day seems to be the most likely Rick tribute. As Dave rotated the Syd tribute songs last time, maybe we might get Remember A Day swapped round with Summer 68? That would be nice. Great Gig also seems obvious, as long as he doesn't get Mica Paris to do it again, it was no surprise that didn't make it onto the RAH DVD. Sadly, as Dave mentioned on "Later With Jools" its unlikely we'll hear Echoes again. Louder Than Words is very likely to be in the set along with most, if not all, of the new solo album. I don't think Keith has enough space on the server for me to post my dream setlist ;)
Guilherme Martini
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Guilherme Martini »

SET 1

New Album Full

SET 2

1 - Remember a Day
2 - Summer 68
3 - A Pillow Of Winds
4 - Cymbaline
5 - So far away ( Gilmour 1978)
6 - Out of the Blue ( Gilmour 1984)
7 - On an Island ( Gilmour 2006)
8 - Us and Them
9 - Welcome To The Machine
10 - Dogs
11 - Hey You
12 - On The Turning Away
13 - What Do You Want From Me
14 - Lounder Than Words

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

1.Speak to Me/Breathe
2.Time
3.New album in full

Second Set
4.SOYCD
5.Castellorizion/On an Island
6.Smile
8.Murder
9.Sorrow
10.Coming Back To Life
11.High Hopes
(Wearing the Inside Out - Maybe as a tribute to Rick)
12. One of These Days

Encore
13. Wish You Were Here
14. Comfortably Numb
15. Run Like Hell (Never going to happen in a million years, but it'd be nice)

This would be in an ideal world!

:)
Odins_Echoes
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Odins_Echoes »

Murder and A Pillow of Winds would be great!
whackystrings
Axe
Axe

Post by whackystrings »

I suspect that DG will do some kind of material in tribute to Wright, but I feel that this wouldn't be a song like Echoes, Time, or SOYCD where there was significant vocal or instrumental interplay between DG and Wright.

Songs like Remember A Day or Breakthrough would be more likely played, IME.
I wouldn't be surprised if there *was* something from TER like "Louder Than Words", even if it is kept for the end of the short European tour when it ends in London and maybe be joined by a certain drummer reinvigorated by the TER sessions.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

whackystrings wrote:Songs like Remember A Day...would be more likely played, IME.
RAD would be great; Gilmour played that on the Jools Holland show (long after Rick's passing) and it sounded very good. One of my favorite "lost at the bottom of the closet" Floyd songs too.

For the overall set list, I'd like to see:
From David Gilmour:
Mihalis
Short And Sweet
It's Deafinitely
I Can't Breathe Anymore

From About Face:
Until We Sleep
Murder
You Know I'm Right
Near The End

From On An Island:
On An Island
Take A Breath
A Pocketful Of Stones

From the three Floyd albums under his control:
Yet Another Movie
Sorrow
Poles Apart (he could add Surfacing to the end of this somehow; it's a natural PA reprise)
High Hopes
Talkin' Hawkin'

As for older Floyd (particularly what is often called "classic Floyd"), I just don't feel the need to hear that much of it at a Gilmour show. I understand why fans want to hear it and why he plays it, but I would be happy without anything from Dark Side and WYWH and The Wall in particular (I know, I know - the big three of Floyd albums, how can you not want to see Comfortably Numb and all the rest, I know). There are some other less known (to the radio crowd anyway) things that I would like to hear, however:
Ibiza Bar - has similarities to The Nile Song, which I think most people name as a lesser-known favorite, but where TNS does things that annoy me a bit, IB doesn't, and I quite like the guitar outro (which needs to be louder)
The Narrow Way (all three parts) - this may be regarded as impossible to play, but I say just drop the really obvious effects (the recurring spiraling guitar bit etc.), then you are left with a nice acoustic number with some electric/slide bits over it (I), a heavy, ominous thumping thing (II), then just a great song (III) - you can do it Dave!
Fat Old Sun - worked great on the last tour
Wots...Uh The Deal - ditto
Mudmen (if you like Gilmour, you like Mudmen)
And maybe - maybe - Fearless - I'm still considering this

That all could add up to one seriously great Gilmour show. But instead we'll get Numb, WYWH, etc. etc...
LarsO
Axe
Axe

Post by LarsO »

New Album

Learning To Fly (alone with electric guitar and backing singers - yes I think it could work)
Sorrow
Astronomy Domine
Run Like Hell
Smile
On An Island
Green Is The Colour
High Hopes
Comfortably Numb

Louder Than Words
Coming Back To Life
Wish You Were Here
Odins_Echoes
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Odins_Echoes »

"Green Is the Colour" is a great song. It would be cool if Gilmour kept up his recent tendency of bringing back those early songs.
Which One Is Which
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Which One Is Which »

The Endless River then his new album.

Everything else has been done to death.
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

"Everything else" is what made him who he is. Everything else is what people really want to hear in addition to his new stuff. I don't care how many times he's done Shine on, Comfortably numb, great day for Freedom, Fat old sun, etc.... Those solos are epic. I can't think of a single PF fan that wouldn't want any of those "everything else" songs done right in front of their faces.
shopaholik
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shopaholik »

My musical life would be completely satisfied if I could hear Echos live! I dream of this every day!!! If I find out he is playing this, I will follow him everywhere possible. This song is the most beautiful music ever. It is so lifting and brings chills, smiles, and sometime tears of happiness to me each time I listen. Never has any music been able to do this. Please, David, don't leave this out.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

"done to death". Yeah but these are the gems and high points of his career. To suggest they should be avoided because he's played them so often is stupidity in my opinion.

I can guarantee that there would be a lot of people bitterly disappointed if they went to see David Gilmour live and he didn't play, for example, comfortably numb.