Setlist for 2015 tour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Re: Setlist for 2015 tour?

Post by Djgilmour »

Hopefully the bluray of this tour will have better image quality (i.e. Noise free) than the OaI BR.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Remember that night is a bit dark isn't it? Love disc two.... bonus tracks and documentaries but rarely watch disc one. Prefer Gdansk.
Last edited by learningtofly on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Money? Yikes.

Sorrow, High Hopes, Run Like Hell - unexpected, and great.

Can't wait for a (hopefully) DVD/Blu-Ray (he's not coming to my town...).
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I'd say 'High Hopes' was completely expected, but 'Money'... Never saw that coming. :?
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

I'm really hoping that the setlist is the same throughout the rest of this leg of the tour at least.

I'd never thought in a million years that I'd get a chance to see David perform Run Like Hell (one of my favourite Floyd songs).
Last edited by UsNotThem on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pffann
Axe
Axe

Post by pffann »

Oh Lord! Sorrow for real??!! =P~ Just hope nothing changes before he hits the US leg! \:D/
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

I saw Money and Us and them coming but not RLH, Sorrow or a full Shine on........

DG was on BBC Radio 2 last night, Very listenable but no new information really, did mention with the album being delayed they didn’t want to bombard the audience with too much new material
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

It wasn't full Shine On, just 1-5 with the Minimoog solo in part 3 dropped as usual.
lurkingfear
Axe
Axe

Post by lurkingfear »

Have to say, much of the new songs are quite good, particularly In Any Tongue.
Would be nice to hear something he hasn't played in the last 30 years from the back catalog, such as "Fearless" or perhaps "Cymbaline". I look forward to Fat Old Sun when I see him at MSG, but it would be great to hear a few different tunes from the Floyd years.
As much as I would love to hear him play Dogs, he just will never do it, because he didn't like the song in the first place.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

lurkingfear wrote:As much as I would love to hear him play Dogs, he just will never do it, because he didn't like the song in the first place.
How could he dislikes his own songs? It's probably the pinnacle of his guitar playing both rhythm and lead. By the way I thought he disliked Money.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

what jambo said, plus there was no guitar (and in PULSE synth in unison) mini solo that on WYWH is the transition from part 6 to 7 I think, right before it changes meter/feel back before they start signing again... I hope all of that made sense. it was played like the first half on the record which kind of fades out after the sax solo instead of them singing again (like it's arranged in PULSE).

agreed i'd be super surprised to hear Dogs. it's super long for one. if they edited it would we be happy? the whole animals album has a feel/attitude that I doubt he'd like to revisit (not that the wall didn't but some of the songs are just a must). agree that animals and dogs in particular has some of his most prolific guitar work.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I would love to hear Dogs, but I don't think Gilmour has touched anything from that album since it came out.

It could happen if he rotated out Sorrow + Money or maybe Run Like Hell + Sorrow/Money.

I'll be interested to see if there are major set list changes. I'm happy with all of the solo songs he's included so far, so I hope he doesn't remove them. Solo additions would also be cool.
MrAnderson
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MrAnderson »

I adore a lot of his first album, but seems like he's not interested in playing anything from them. I hope it stays pretty similar too. Dogs would be the best, but the fact he's never played it since the fact is probably a good indicator.
lurkingfear
Axe
Axe

Post by lurkingfear »

Follix wrote:
lurkingfear wrote:As much as I would love to hear him play Dogs, he just will never do it, because he didn't like the song in the first place.
How could he dislikes his own songs? It's probably the pinnacle of his guitar playing both rhythm and lead. By the way I thought he disliked Money.
He never liked the lyrical theme of Dogs, even when it was Gotta Be Crazy. He only felt it was more singable with the Dogs lyrics. I agree, it's perhaps his best guitar work. He just won't play it; too much to do at once, and he never could hit certain notes in it even in 77'.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

How could he dislikes his own songs? It's probably the pinnacle of his guitar playing both rhythm and lead. By the way I thought he disliked Money.[/quote]

He never liked the lyrical theme of Dogs, even when it was Gotta Be Crazy. He only felt it was more singable with the Dogs lyrics. I agree, it's perhaps his best guitar work. He just won't play it; too much to do at once, and he never could hit certain notes in it even in 77'.[/quote]

even after it was transposed down to D from E for the same reason? it's a great song, though the keyboard part sounds kind of dragging, and it is a bit repetitive. The Wall was coming...

I'm still hoping for Near The End, though if he doesn't feel like singing about Dogs, I really doubt he feels like singing near the end (though he sings sorrow).

anyone have any stab at the lyrics for the RTL songs? or what Wright's recording says on A Boat Lies in waiting (whose lyrics were leaked so to speak by the design company that did the artwork)?