RAH Gigs 23-25th September 2015

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: RAH Gigs 23-25th September 2015

Post by Annoying Twit »

The telegraph: The full Floyd experience in all but name.

From the music Dave's making, it's clear that he's still well into the Floyd. It's a pity that Rick's passing and everything else that's happened means that we won't ever hear PF live again.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

any reports from last night?

with the screen, track listing, Rick gone, this is as close to PF you're ever going to get.
metanoia
Embryo
Embryo

Post by metanoia »

No that will be tonight, with Nick Mason and Roger Waters turning up :D
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Ha! Nick I imagine will play one night....any other guests so far apart from C&N?
Can't wait for tonight now, planning to record the whole gig on smart phone and post to sound cloud immediately. can send link here if anyone requests......
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I saw the show from the 23rd. A few things struck me

1: His vocal delivery on Fat Old Sun reminded me of the way he sung it in the 70's

2: He seemed to play a lot of chords in the solo, changing it up a little

3: He seemed to get lost in the jam during Astronomy Domine. The band seemed to be looking at each other with smirks. It was fantastic.

4: On an Island was really good live. The vocal harmonies sound particularly good in RAH.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Alternative 4 wrote:
4: On an Island was really good live. The vocal harmonies sound particularly good in RAH.
Yeah I listened to it live on Periscope and it just made me love this song a little more :)

In fact it was the 23th performance and if he struggled a bit in the beginning, the end totally sounded like my RAH DVD with Graham and Nash.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Robert Wyatt tonight?
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Night 3. Same setlist, no guests.

Comfortably numb was the highlight. The solo was perfect. Run like Hell was particularly evil tonight.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

What a show ! Rattle That Lock and Rattle my Filings !

I had avoided reading too much details on the show and I have to say I was blown away tonight.

Having seen the previous two Floyd tours and Gilmour's 2006 tour I thought tonight was superb and up there with the best. It was certainly a punchier and more mixed up set list than I was expecting with some real highlights.

A Spinal Tapping 11 out of 10 !
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Alternative 4 wrote:Comfortably numb was the highlight.
One of the few songs I managed to see on Periscope, I thought he solo was longer than usual, almost like Pulse one. Also note that he struggled during the 1st solo and I often feel that when Gilmour makes a mistake he recovers by giving more. (WYWH: Rotterdam 94, Shine On: France 06)
Kiwi68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Kiwi68 »

Wow! Having been to Thursday and Friday, Friday's show blew me away. Maybe it was partially down to me giving up on any changes to the setlist and guest appearances, and just enjoying the show, but Friday seemed way more intense, and with more response from the crowd. It was worth every moment of a long flight to get here, and I've still got the Pow Pow and the Woo woo's of Astronomy Domine going round my head. Wonderful!

And given that I live in the lower basement of the world, that is probably it for me and Pink Floyd alumni. Cheers!
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Such an enjoyable night...... was in seats literally overlooking backstage first half which was great visually but sound bit muffled. Second half close to front stage left.........fantastic views of Mr screen and guitar work! So many highlights..... Sorrow one, sound so crisp. Great audience reaction storming stage from RLH onwards. Re listening back to last nights audio he does fluff the first CN solo slightly but no matter........ the second solo more than compensates!
final point, the tour programme is fantastic..... great content and information over 36 pages.
Last edited by learningtofly on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I think whoever said the sound is always top notch in the Albert hall and it was less so in Brighton needs their hearing checked!

I've never heard perfect sound in the Albert hall but then it is a Victorian venue not built for rock concerts, whereas Brighton did have perfect crisp sound in my opinion!
tmakworld
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tmakworld »

Here is a full recap of the Thursday 24th show at RAH http://tmakworld.com/2015/09/david-gilm ... -2015.html
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Great review thanks, read yesterday! Couple of points, I was sure I read he did the full version of SOYCD at eg Brighton, yet on 25/9 he just did the Pulse version, perfectly fine but would have been good to hear the entire piece.

It appears in the sound check for 25/9 he mentioned they’d be doing CBTL that night but obviously changed his mind for some reason, tricky and high to sing I imagine.

Not heard of any cameras for a DVD been present at shows yet, perhaps planning to do in South America or USA this time....