RAH Gigs 23-25th September 2015

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: RAH Gigs 23-25th September 2015

Post by kjek1 »

UsNotThem wrote:I have to say one of my biggest highlights of Friday night's show for me was In Any Tongue, the backing singers singing the chorus added such an extra dimmension to the song (Bryan, I think the guy's name is, did an absolutel blinding job on the song).

I don't usually cry at concerts (I'm a very reserved, emotionless English-man), but along with Comfortably Numb and the opening notes of 5am, it actually made me tear up.

Now, I'm quite depressed that I'll probably never see the David live again. It's not a nice thought.
Me too. I've seen him 4 times now and each time has been very emotional but last week more so because I kept thinking there's a good chance it will be the last time.

I love Roger, seeing him live is a great experience, incredible charisma and presence. But as a musical experience he doesn't compare to Gilmour live, no one goes wow what a bass lick there Rog! And he does use some pre-recorded vocals. While I think people are taken aback by Daves guitar playing and often his singing too. You just need to watch the reactions of people around you as he plays comfortably numb.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

So this glorious period resumes again tonight with the final RAH shows, I am going tomorrow night courtesy of a very kind contributer to this site! Will be tuning in tonight for updates however, I guess it going by the setlist will remain unchanged but who knows....i do suspect something may vary either in terms of guests or an extra track.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

As I enjoyed last weeks gig so much I though I would chance my luck and phoned the RAH box office and ask for any ticket cancelations or VIP ticket returns. As a result I managed to bag two really good seats for tomorrow night.

The lady was super helpful so defo worth a try. Box Office number is 020 7589 8212.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

great! nice one......there were quite a few empty seats last week. I guess w the rugby on at Twickenham tomorrow night there'll be a few cancellations. which area?
MrAnderson
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MrAnderson »

Given that they're two added dates, I'd be quite disappointed if there's songs added etc. but of course happy for anyone who goes if that's the case. Really wanted to hear Coming Back to Life but based on the experience last Friday I can't really complain either!
MrAnderson
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MrAnderson »

Given that they're two added dates, I'd be quite disappointed if there's songs added etc. but of course happy for anyone who goes if that's the case. Really wanted to hear Coming Back to Life but based on the experience last Friday I can't really complain either!
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

learningtofly wrote:great! nice one......there were quite a few empty seats last week. I guess w the rugby on at Twickenham tomorrow night there'll be a few cancellations. which area?
Front row J Stalls :-)

Thanks for the reminder about the rugby. My normal train route is through Twickenham so will make my way into town a different way tomorrow afternoon.

As for the gig, I can't wait. Rattle That Roof !!
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Any luck on periscope anyone? Having seen him a few times in a row I feel left out
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

raisemyrent wrote:Any luck on periscope anyone? Having seen him a few times in a row I feel left out
No luck at all here.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Same set list except for them getting Coming Back to Life too
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Thanks. I was wondering. That was my pipe dream song and I'm glad he played it in a couple shows I went.
MrAnderson
Embryo
Embryo

Post by MrAnderson »

kjek1 wrote:Same set list except for them getting Coming Back to Life too
FFS!
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

Great night to end European dates but same setlist....no extra tracks or guests. Best live sound I've heard at a gig. ..the mix and acoustics amazing in the circle! DG seemed very relaxed and inspired...fab lead on Faces, In any tongue particular. HH and UAT washed over the arena in glorious waves of sound. Some strange notes in Sorrow intro.....
Will post audio recording when I've a moment.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Whilst remaining respectful to other audience members around me and as it was the last night of the RAH shows I took a few sneaky pics from last nights performance (3/10/15)

Taken on my iPhone predominantly during the encore.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hnla2j8m01p8 ... vPC-a?dl=0
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Just looking at those pictures it looks a lot like my Pulse DVD...

I wonder what's gonna happen in South America when he will play in big stadiums in front of 50,000+ persons.