David Gilmour new London dates?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Re: David Gilmour new London dates?

Post by moodyblue »

ddebil wrote:
and I resent your standpoint that 'as a contributor to a blog for 10 years' makes you in any way, shape or form, more deserving of a chance of a ticket.
I totally agree with this.

WHY should people who've been on some blog that others never even knew about get first pickings? That in no way qualifies anyone to queue jump over others in an effort to get tickets in my book and in most people's books I dare say. It's simply not fair, it's unjustified and wrong.

moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

metanoia wrote:Well if you are on the mailing list for Davidgilmour.com you should have got an email today with a new presale code for today which is live now until 4pm
What doesn't help with these 'emails' is that you get them far too late at times to use. People work all day and by the time they get home, log on, they've missed the boat! I don't understand why someone cannot use a bit of intelligence and get them sent out in advance by just a day. Nothing more.
Astralman
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Astralman »

Bagged myself tickets for 2 nights in the stalls at the Hall for 2016 <ii>
Hate wishing my life away but bring it on \:D/
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

It's not my standpoint anyway, it's David and his team's standpoint. And people generally don't seem to be bothered by it, just one or two bitter lemons that have thrown the toys out the pram.

Surely you can see the logic though? If you're a big fan you'll have been on his site and noticed his blog, and maybe read the the blog and made the odd post here and there. Although the implication on here seems to be that you dont have 1 minute here and there for that whilst evidently having plenty of time for this forum.

To be honest it's common sense and it's alarming that anyone wouldn't see where they're coming from with that, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

moodyblue wrote:
metanoia wrote:Well if you are on the mailing list for Davidgilmour.com you should have got an email today with a new presale code for today which is live now until 4pm
What doesn't help with these 'emails' is that you get them far too late at times to use. People work all day and by the time they get home, log on, they've missed the boat! I don't understand why someone cannot use a bit of intelligence and get them sent out in advance by just a day. Nothing more.

I totally agree with that.
If you are signed up to the Dave Gilmour website you are a fan. Irrespective of how long and how many times you have seen him. We should get an email well in advance of the pre-sale. Which is what happens for most bands anyway.
I was lucky that I just checked my mail at 11am yesterday which was the start of the "not so special fans" second pre-sale it seems. I was 680 in line when I logged on to RAH right at the start so I can imagine they went fast.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Already a host of complaints of tickets up for resale for 700-800 quid.

Imagine that eh.
AlecSp
Embryo
Embryo

Post by AlecSp »

While I'm new here, and no hardcore follower - simply a log-time fan who loves the music...

Tickets are always unfair. It's unfair that people in the business can always get in. It's unfair that being the biggest fan doesn't guarantee that you can get a ticket at all - but boy, do we try hard! It's unfair that thieving scumbag individual/organised touts screw everything up for all of us.

On the other hand, it was also unfair that I found a last minute ticket for the final RAH show this year in the middle of the front row of the stalls. Completely unfair, and I didn't deserve it. But how glorious that evening was, and how much absolutely appreciated it.

Occasionally fate smiles on you - grab it and relish it. The rest of the time, we just have to take what we can get.

Philosophical rant over...
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

kjek1 wrote:It's not my standpoint anyway, it's David and his team's standpoint. And people generally don't seem to be bothered by it, just one or two bitter lemons that have thrown the toys out the pram.

Surely you can see the logic though? If you're a big fan you'll have been on his site and noticed his blog, and maybe read the the blog and made the odd post here and there. Although the implication on here seems to be that you dont have 1 minute here and there for that whilst evidently having plenty of time for this forum.

To be honest it's common sense and it's alarming that anyone wouldn't see where they're coming from with that, regardless of whether or not you agree with it.
I never noticed the blog as it is not on David Gilmour.com. It is on some other site of some other 'official' David Gilmour site. I never knew he had two 'official' sites and furthermore, what if you aren't into 'blogging'? Does that and should that disqualify you?

Like many, I have spent the best part of 40 years being a 'fan. Have all the vinyl albums, all the cd's, many bootlegs, many books on them. Can play many of his licks on guitar. Used to perform Floyd songs live with a band, spoke to Gilmour twice (and got rudely spoken back to once), Travelled around Europe seeing Floyd in the late 80's and again the early 90's, spent years of my life listening to PF and to top it, they are arguably my favourite band. SO......does all that under qualify me to be perhaps entitled to some kind of advance notice of said concerts OR.....would I qualify better by simply being a blogger on one of his official sites?

Yeah it may well be the powers that be who determine 'privilege', but I think many many people would be 'bothered' if they knew the procedure in giving codes to people on a small select site first where you have to 'blog' to qualify.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

moodyblue wrote:
kjek1 wrote:It's not my standpoint anyway, it's David and his team's standpoint. And people generally don't seem to be bothered by it, just one or two bitter lemons that have thrown the toys out the pram.

I never noticed the blog as it is not on David Gilmour.com. It is on some other site of some other 'official' David Gilmour site. I never knew he had two 'official' sites and furthermore, what if you aren't into 'blogging'? Does that and should that disqualify you?

Like many, I have spent the best part of 40 years being a 'fan. Have all the vinyl albums, all the cd's, many bootlegs, many books on them. Can play many of his licks on guitar. Used to perform Floyd songs live with a band, spoke to Gilmour twice (and got rudely spoken back to once), Travelled around Europe seeing Floyd in the late 80's and again the early 90's, spent years of my life listening to PF and to top it, they are arguably my favourite band. SO......does all that under qualify me to be perhaps entitled to some kind of advance notice of said concerts OR.....would I qualify better by simply being a blogger on one of his official sites?

Yeah it may well be the powers that be who determine 'privilege', but I think many many people would be 'bothered' if they knew the procedure in giving codes to people on a small select site first where you have to 'blog' to qualify.
It's on his official site, there's a link at the top, clear as day and it's been there since the website was launched. I add my name onto any mailing list available for any artist I like anyway so I do get a heads up on gigs and what not, it's just good sense.

If you're not keeping up to date with his website how do you expect to get information on this sort of thing? There's no realistic way of doing that is there, unless they create a big databse where we all state how many gigs we've been too, how many albums we've bought etc etc. The insulting implication on here seemed to be that a lot of people don't have a minute or two to go on there even though they evidently have plenty of time for sitting on here, but that's not really acceptable is it.

Common sense says that the folk who spend time on his blog are really dedicated fans, so they take a chance and give a small number of them a presale code ( and as I understand it, it really is a small number ), it means good seats are definitely going to big fans. Then you get the general presale code where people will simply pass it around to everyone like they did last time, and that's perfect for touts and what not. I mean surely you can see the logic in the way it's done even if it's not perfect?
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Ok I have seen it now. You have to click the 'davidgilmour.com' on the front page despite the fact you are supposedly on that site anyway.
I have in fact seen those pages before a while back, forgot they were there etc but to me, I have infrequently checked his site as news stories are few and far between, hence why I do not look that much. I had forgot you could click that site aswell. Despite that, it doesn't take away from much of the point I made previosly in my opinion.

I know there is probably no fair way of doing this but for the life of me, some bloke on the blog giving out a code a day in advance of the pre-sale isn't fair to my mind. But anyway, I've said my bit.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

**posted twice**
Last edited by moodyblue on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

moodyblue wrote:Ok I have seen it now. You have to click the 'davidgilmour.com' on the front page despite the fact you are supposedly on that site anyway.
I have in fact seen those pages before a while back, forgot they were there etc but to me, I have infrequently checked his site as news stories are few and far between, hence why I do not look that much. I had forgot you could click that site aswell. Despite that, it doesn't take away from much of the point I made previosly in my opinion.

I know there is probably no fair way of doing this but for the life of me, some bloke on the blog giving out a code a day in advance of the pre-sale isn't fair to my mind. But anyway, I've said my bit.
totally understand that. Like I said I don't visit it much either because Gilmour by and large isn't very active. Just happened to post there quite a bit during his last tour, every now and then in between and again when rumours of his new album started to surface. Also the Davidgilmour.com button at the top was only added AFTER this tour began, so before that the blog was there to see for anyone who simply went on davidgilmour.com

I'm not trying to sound like a prick, it's the way some people present their argument seems bitter (not you moodyblue) and at the same time it's insulting to those who use his blog when people are essentially implying we've got too much time on our hands. Of course above all, I just think it lacks logic, if it's fairer that greedy bastard touts get the good tickets and sell them for 10 times the price then fair enough, I can't agree with that though.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

The biggest touts are ticket master etc

With there legal tout sites getmein, viagogo etc

FACT
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

everton1690 wrote:The biggest touts are ticket master etc

FACT
I can't believe sites like stubhub etc are allowed. It's essentially legalised robbery
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

everton1690 wrote:The biggest touts are ticket master etc

FACT
I'm pretty sure that Ticketmaster own "getmein" so yeah, The are the same as the guys on the street only with a website!

But then its always been the same in this country. Even before the internet you had to go to a ticket shop that ripped you off as much as the touts did outside the venue anyway.
I couldnt believe it in 1992 when I bought a ticket to see Genesis from a deparment store in Germany they charged me the price written on the ticket. I had to ask if they had made a mistake!