David Gilmour new London dates?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: David Gilmour new London dates?

Post by ddebil »

kjek1 wrote: Common sense says that the folk who spend time on his blog are really dedicated fans, so they take a chance and give a small number of them a presale code ( and as I understand it, it really is a small number ), it means good seats are definitely going to big fans. Then you get the general presale code where people will simply pass it around to everyone like they did last time, and that's perfect for touts and what not. I mean surely you can see the logic in the way it's done even if it's not perfect?
Sorry mate, but spending time on on a blog isn't my thing, and it doesn't make me less of a 'dedicated' fan, either, whatever you may say.
By your own words, you consider those that do 'big fans'? Get over yourself. People far older and wiser than you or I are "big fans", and perhaps they (like me) have not a lot of interest in contributing to a blog. The fact that they have been following PF and the offspring for many moons makes no odds.
You really come across as a guy who see himself as more deserving...and for that, I'm sorry.
Thanks to another genuine fan (blogger or no blogger), I received the pre-sale code and bought three tickets - one for myself and partner, and one for the guy who I sold a spare ticket to for the Brighton show.
He's young - never seen PF, Gilmour or Waters (until Brighton), but he's the biggest 'fan' I've met.
I'd rather give someone like that the chance to go and see what he's always wanted to see, rather than be a little 'my preciousss' about seeing someone that those 'dedicated fans' (like yourself) have surely seen before.
Be happy for folk to pass on the baton, enjoy the gig, your front row seats, and stop the fuck whinging.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

ddebil wrote:
kjek1 wrote: Common sense says that the folk who spend time on his blog are really dedicated fans, so they take a chance and give a small number of them a presale code ( and as I understand it, it really is a small number ), it means good seats are definitely going to big fans. Then you get the general presale code where people will simply pass it around to everyone like they did last time, and that's perfect for touts and what not. I mean surely you can see the logic in the way it's done even if it's not perfect?
Sorry mate, but spending time on on a blog isn't my thing, and it doesn't make me less of a 'dedicated' fan, either, whatever you may say.
By your own words, you consider those that do 'big fans'? Get over yourself. People far older and wiser than you or I are "big fans", and perhaps they (like me) have not a lot of interest in contributing to a blog. The fact that they have been following PF and the offspring for many moons makes no odds.
You really come across as a guy who see himself as more deserving...and for that, I'm sorry.
Thanks to another genuine fan (blogger or no blogger), I received the pre-sale code and bought three tickets - one for myself and partner, and one for the guy who I sold a spare ticket to for the Brighton show.
He's young - never seen PF, Gilmour or Waters (until Brighton), but he's the biggest 'fan' I've met.
I'd rather give someone like that the chance to go and see what he's always wanted to see, rather than be a little 'my preciousss' about seeing someone that those 'dedicated fans' (like yourself) have surely seen before.
Be happy for folk to pass on the baton, enjoy the gig, your front row seats, and stop the fuck whinging.
But you spend time on here so you've got no excuse, and if it's not your thing then that's just too bad for you isn't it. There's nothing to get over, I don't make the rules. Of course I'm more deserving than some, the casual fans who ended up picking up codes over social media that are only familiar with Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall are hardly more deserving than the likes of the people on here are they? I've made it pretty clear that I don't consider myself more entitled than others within the floyd community, just that you can't make shite exuses like "I don't have the time" and ultimately people who made a decent contribution to his blog were entitled to the code by the rules of the thing. Some of you are obviously hard of learning because the logic behind the presale makes sense, even if it ISNT PERFECT, I've explained it clearly.

The key part here is we might not get another pre-sale of any kind because people had to betray the organiser's trust. Stop being a condescending prick and engage your brain for 5 minutes and you might be able to grasp that.
3rdday
Embryo
Embryo

Post by 3rdday »

Regardless of whether any of us think that it is fair system or not, the least we could do is respect the provider of the presale code's request that those who get it don't share it. If they are providing the code, they have the right to set the rules on how it is used.

Whenever tickets for any high-demand event go on sale, whetherr it is for a show or a sporting event, there always seems to be all this "I'm a bigger fan than you and I DESERVE a ticket" stuff. It's selfish and boring. I was (very) fortunate to get a pair of decent tickets for one of next year's RAH shows in the general sale, but if I hadn't then so be it. (Easy for me to say, I know.) I think all of our ire should be aimed, as someone has already mentioned, at the touts and especially the "official", legal, touting sites like Getmein and Viagogo. The fact that Ticketmaster/Livenation make money out of almost every stage of the process - primary and secondary ticketing, promotion and even ownership of some venues is a disgrace. How the whole secondary ticketing business can be legal, I really do not know.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

kjek1 wrote: But you spend time on here so you've got no excuse, and if it's not your thing then that's just too bad for you isn't it. There's nothing to get over, I don't make the rules. Of course I'm more deserving than some, the casual fans who ended up picking up codes over social media that are only familiar with Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall are hardly more deserving than the likes of the people on here are they? I've made it pretty clear that I don't consider myself more entitled than others within the floyd community, just that you can't make shite exuses like "I don't have the time" and ultimately people who made a decent contribution to his blog were entitled to the code by the rules of the thing. Some of you are obviously hard of learning because the logic behind the presale makes sense, even if it ISNT PERFECT, I've explained it clearly.

The key part here is we might not get another pre-sale of any kind because people had to betray the organiser's trust. Stop being a condescending prick and engage your brain for 5 minutes and you might be able to grasp that.
Yet you came here shouting the odds at someone who may (or may not) have sent the pre-sale code to a few people HERE...not on social media or the like. Well done for drawing attention to the very thing you're so keen to prevent.
I guess you're not that quick on the uptake, are you?

Prick? Take a brief look at yourself, darling. ;-)
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

ddebil wrote:
after reading both sides of the argument have to agree with that post i used to be on the blog not posted on there for ages myself. I wanted to go to the RAH shows this year but i never got the presale could of easily got it off some people i know but i thought i would leave it till they went on general sale back in March April. My mistake they sold out right away which frustrated me big time for a while then once i saw the setlists for the gigs and the lightshow. I wanted to go i could of got a last min ticket for one of thr gigs but i passed as had other stuff going on at home.
I had a hunch David would play at the RAH again i waited it out i saw the news that he was going back next year so i made sure i got a ticket in the presale i managed to get the code off someone i know and i got a great seat for one of the nights. I have seen David live before this will be my 5th time seeing him live but if i had not got a ticket i would have been gutted but i would tryed again nearer the time like i did this year.

At end of the day everyone is entitled to see the concert does not matter if your a blog member or not or a regular poster on a forum imo i'm a big fan of the floyd yet what you say about the presale code is a load of rubbish every gig nowadays have presale tickets on sale before the general sale at 9-10am on set date. If you get those presale tickets does NOT make you elitist or a more dedicated fan then the next person just someone who wants to be kept up to date on said band or artist if and when they tour again.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

ddebil wrote:
kjek1 wrote: But you spend time on here so you've got no excuse, and if it's not your thing then that's just too bad for you isn't it. There's nothing to get over, I don't make the rules. Of course I'm more deserving than some, the casual fans who ended up picking up codes over social media that are only familiar with Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall are hardly more deserving than the likes of the people on here are they? I've made it pretty clear that I don't consider myself more entitled than others within the floyd community, just that you can't make shite exuses like "I don't have the time" and ultimately people who made a decent contribution to his blog were entitled to the code by the rules of the thing. Some of you are obviously hard of learning because the logic behind the presale makes sense, even if it ISNT PERFECT, I've explained it clearly.

Yet you came here shouting the odds at someone who may (or may not) have sent the pre-sale code to a few people HERE...not on social media or the like. Well done for drawing attention to the very thing you're so keen to prevent.
I guess you're not that quick on the uptake, are you?

Prick? Take a brief look at yourself, darling. ;-)
are you thick? They admitted to passing the code on. See the post above, the right thing to do would have been to respect the organisers rules. Not wait until you've get yourself sorted for tickets and then pass it on possibly denying other blog users who by rules of the 'BLOGERS PRESALE' were entitled to it (whether you like it or not). You lot never address the fact you're potentially ruining it in future for others, or that you're potentially denying blog users the chance they merited by contributing on there, you completely bypass this every time to tell us how entitled you all are.

The general pattern is people who weren't actually in the position to receive the code were bitter about it and thought it was their divine right to ignore the rules to get their tickets possibly at the expense of those who have stuck around his blog for that very reason.

The way a few of you are up on your high horse is hilarious given how selfish your actions are. Also I already know a couple of people who got their tickets via the code being passed on have subsequently had their tickets cancelled because of this, so you better hope that doesn't happen to you, it would be tragic to see a few of the self righteous arseholes lose their tickets.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

azza200 wrote: After reading both sides of the argument have to agree with that post i used to be on the blog not posted on there for ages myself. I wanted to go to the RAH shows this year but i never got the presale could of easily got it off some people i know but i thought i would leave it till they went on general sale back in March April. My mistake they sold out right away which frustrated me big time for a while then once i saw the setlists for the gigs and the lightshow. I wanted to go i could of got a last min ticket for one of thr gigs but i passed as had other stuff going on at home.
I had a hunch David would play at the RAH again i waited it out i saw the news that he was going back next year so i made sure i got a ticket in the presale i managed to get the code off someone i know and i got a great seat for one of the nights. I have seen David live before this will be my 5th time seeing him live but if i had not got a ticket i would have been gutted but i would tryed again nearer the time like i did this year.

At end of the day everyone is entitled to see the concert does not matter if your a blog member or not or a regular poster on a forum imo i'm a big fan of the floyd yet what you say about the presale code is a load of rubbish every gig nowadays have presale tickets on sale before the general sale at 9-10am on set date. If you get those presale tickets does NOT make you elitist or a more dedicated fan then the next person just someone who wants to be kept up to date on said band or artist if and when they tour again.
Your opinion is irrelevant though, it was a bloggers presale, that's how it was set up, everyones entitled to have a go in the general sale though. "After reading both sides of the argument", yeah bollocks, more a case of "I agree with this because I wasn't on the blog and I managed to get my tickets through these codes anyway.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

3rdday wrote:Regardless of whether any of us think that it is fair system or not, the least we could do is respect the provider of the presale code's request that those who get it don't share it. If they are providing the code, they have the right to set the rules on how it is used.

Whenever tickets for any high-demand event go on sale, whetherr it is for a show or a sporting event, there always seems to be all this "I'm a bigger fan than you and I DESERVE a ticket" stuff. It's selfish and boring. I was (very) fortunate to get a pair of decent tickets for one of next year's RAH shows in the general sale, but if I hadn't then so be it. (Easy for me to say, I know.) I think all of our ire should be aimed, as someone has already mentioned, at the touts and especially the "official", legal, touting sites like Getmein and Viagogo. The fact that Ticketmaster/Livenation make money out of almost every stage of the process - primary and secondary ticketing, promotion and even ownership of some venues is a disgrace. How the whole secondary ticketing business can be legal, I really do not know.
finally common sense at last. At least not everyone's a selfish self entitled knob. Ironically the bolded part is what the chuckle brothers were accusing me of, all the while telling me why they're so entitled to the tickets :lol:

By the way, I'm not going to say anymore on it, I've made it perfectly clear, I got my tickets for me and my old man and my brother so I have nothing to be disappointed with other than the possibility of missing out in future, and of course those who missed out this time. Also I'm well aware a couple of people are being deliberately obtuse knowing fine well what I'm saying is right.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

kjek1 wrote:
azza200 wrote: After reading both sides of the argument have to agree with that post i used to be on the blog not posted on there for ages myself. I wanted to go to the RAH shows this year but i never got the presale could of easily got it off some people i know but i thought i would leave it till they went on general sale back in March April. My mistake they sold out right away which frustrated me big time for a while then once i saw the setlists for the gigs and the lightshow. I wanted to go i could of got a last min ticket for one of thr gigs but i passed as had other stuff going on at home.

Your opinion is irrelevant though, it was a bloggers presale, that's how it was set up, everyones entitled to have a go in the general sale though. "After reading both sides of the argument", yeah bollocks, more a case of "I agree with this because I wasn't on the blog and I managed to get my tickets through these codes anyway.
I did not pass the code on as your "claiming" i did shows how much your jumping to conclusions even i knew and saw once the code had leaked people were asking for the code who was just joining up to the forum to just get the code. They could be touts for all we knew. I used to be on the blog did you not read that.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Didn't you take the code from someone else? If not then my apologies
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Righto, so if circumstances were reversed, and you weren't blogging to receive the code, yet someone kindly gave it to you, you'd refuse to use it, due to all the reasons you've given and take your chances of getting a ticket in the general sale?
milesalbert
Axe
Axe

Post by milesalbert »

Lawbreakers, Hang em all. lol Get over it already. Dave will be ok.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Sheesh, people.

The word "deserve" has no place in matters of commerce.

You buy or you do not buy.

You put yourself in a position to buy or you do not.

You recognize that the artist has no magical way of knowing how to locate the great fans who went to all the shows in the 70s and that social media is the easiest (easiest - not best, not perfect, not fair) way to reach people.

You recognize that the artist's goals aren't your goals.

You recognize that your problems aren't the artist's concern.

You recognize that when the artist puts a condition on something under their control and you violate that condition, you risk creating a hesitance on the artist's part to try again.

You recognize that time for social media is one of the opportunity costs of having a busy life, and understand that those with more leisure time will often be aware of opportunities earlier than you.

You will understand that all of the above...is life.