Secret message in title of "Rattle that lo-ck"?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Secret message in title of "Rattle that lo-ck"?

Post by Peter Harold »

Dear friends!

When I look at the cover of the latest David Gilmour solo-album, I would like to read the title as "Rattle that lo-ck". There is a line between the letters "o" and "c". I gave this just a briefly thought, but I can't figure out what the reason is for this "liason" between the letters. I have turned the album (or in my case, the box) upside down to see if the letters could relate to any kind of a symbol.

So far, the only thing I could guess of, is that the "o" stands for eternity, and the "c" stands for any kind of interuption... Any other guess?

Best regards,
Peter Harold
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Secret message in title of "Rattle that lo-ck"?

Post by Hudini »

I noticed that right away but didn't give it too much significance. I immediately thought that the letters were deliberately connected to form a shape that could represent both a key and a broken pair of handcuffs at the same time. Both correlating with the album title. I could be wrong though.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

I just assumed it was a key

:D
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

I took it for 2 links in a chain, the second of which has been broken.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Perhaps it is simular to The Beatles Sgt Pepper album in that its is a secret message to tell us that one of the band, in this case Pink Floyd, is actually dead

..................-..................................-.or perhaps its just a side view of a key in a surface mounted lock.

I expect somebody spent a lot of time coming up with that clever little logo you know :lol:
Sentience
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Sentience »

American conservatives often use a hyphen in their speech (but usually not in writing) as a political departure from standard English. "Rattle that Lo-ck" read one way could mean the hyphen, but read the other way is actually saying "Rattle that Lock!"

So perhaps it is a compromise, having it both ways.