Live in Gdansk deluxe edition?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
brell
Blade
Blade

Live in Gdansk deluxe edition?

Post by brell »

Anybody know whether the deluxe edition of Live in Gdansk is available anywhere?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Live in Gdansk deluxe edition?

Post by azza200 »

have you tried Amazon.com or Play.com
brell
Blade
Blade

Post by brell »

It's not on Amazon nor Play.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

brell
Blade
Blade

Post by brell »

Thanks, I only tried the US Amazon
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

They should really call it the super extra, rip off the customer edition in a way.

We are now seeing many of the classic albums reformatted to pull more money out of the poor punters pockets. Remastered...goes to expanded....goes onto collectors edition etc etc etc.
Still, I have to confess to buying a few of these myself. You just cannot help yourself sometimes!
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Why complain if you're going to buy it?

I moaned about Roger's Wall dexlude thingy, but there's no fucking way I'm giving him my money for that.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

moodyblue wrote:They should really call it the super extra, rip off the customer edition in a way.
If you're referring to the 5-disc edition, I own that and wouldn't call it a rip-off: for about $60 (bought at Best Buy at time of release), I got 3 CDs, 2 DVDs, and a 20-page booklet - not a bad deal.

Everyone has their own cut-off point for what is no longer reasonable; compare this deal ($60 for 5 discs) to the PF Immersion sets, the usual Steven Wilson deal (4 discs in a huge book for ~$100), the top of Marillion's current pre-order line (a huge book with multiple discs + vinyl for ~$230), Waters' current Wall extravaganza ($500 for lots of stuff), U2's super deluxe Achtung Baby ($130 for 10 discs + book). Not that I call any of those rip-offs; it's always a question of what you like to spend and what you like to have (I don't have the U2 thing or Immersion sets, I do have one SW deluxe and will probably get more, would gladly accept the SD Wall if a previously unknown wealthy uncle decided to give it to me as a gift but would not consider spending $500 on an album in any form (although I would do so on a book - different story), and would like to have the Marillion thing but I am married and would not like to go into it :mad: ).
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

moodyblue wrote:They should really call it the super extra, rip off the customer edition in a way.

We are now seeing many of the classic albums reformatted to pull more money out of the poor punters pockets. Remastered...goes to expanded....goes onto collectors edition etc etc etc.
Still, I have to confess to buying a few of these myself. You just cannot help yourself sometimes!
I even prefer buying such editions :D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Remasters of already great sounding albums that contain no extra tracks are rip offs in my mind. My dad had the '84 and '93 CDs of DSotM and they were basically identical. Even the 2003 SACD remaster was a bit of a rip off, with only a fraction of a percentage of the market owning an SACD capable system.

But, the 2011 remasters of DSotM, WYWH and The Wall were worth it. Most casual punters would get an extra disc of live performances, alternate mixes and demos. And for the big fans, we get even more demos, even more alternate mixes and a bunch of surround sound mixes. And a scarf...

I was very happy with the Genesis remasters from 2007, as you got a bonus DVD containing a 5.1 mix of the album, along with video interviews with the band and live/TV footage from the era.

Phil Collin's new remasters are also nice, with lots of live tracks and demos.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

jambo wrote:

Remasters of already great sounding albums that contain no extra tracks are rip offs in my mind. My dad had the '84 and '93 CDs of DSotM and they were basically identical. Even the 2003 SACD remaster was a bit of a rip off, with only a fraction of a percentage of the market owning an SACD capable system.

But, the 2011 remasters of DSotM, WYWH and The Wall were worth it. Most casual punters would get an extra disc of live performances, alternate mixes and demos. And for the big fans, we get even more demos, even more alternate mixes and a bunch of surround sound mixes. And a scarf...

I was very happy with the Genesis remasters from 2007, as you got a bonus DVD containing a 5.1 mix of the album, along with video interviews with the band and live/TV footage from the era.

Phil Collin's new remasters are also nice, with lots of live tracks and demos.

I guess its horses for courses isnt it.
I am very happy with the SACD versions of DSotM and WYWH as I do have a system that can play them. Thus I didnt buy the 2011 remasters as the only one I was interested in, the Wall, didnt have a 5.1 version. Disgraceful in my opinion. They should have had people working on it 24 hours a day to get it ready in time. Rather than dishing up some old demo's they found in a box somewhere.
Yes, the Genesis remasters were great. As were the Beatles, even though there were NO extra's. Sgt Pepper is astounding quality
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Yeah stuff from the 50s and 60s getting remastered can sound amazing.

And it was a bit odd and disappointing that The Wall didn't get a 5.1 mix. It's the only Immersion edition I didn't buy.