Dave retired?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Dave retired?

Post by kjek1 »

Phantom Turnip
Axe
Axe

Re: Dave retired?

Post by Phantom Turnip »

NOOOOOOOOOO <.8.>

I respect his decision though. I certainly don't want to be trotting around the planet in my 70s either. LOL
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Some people say it's false?

I remember he talked about other albums...
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I thought it meant retired from touring.

I really hope it is fake
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

rog should retire instead fooling the great unwashed , pretending to sing on stage with pre recorded vocals

[-X
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

Sad, but realistic. Dave's shows just have been low energy for a long time. His band has been too smooth, too polished.

He's repeating himself musically, too, and he's not in great shape.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

Why so cranky? Ther's much to look forward to in 2017: Roger will have a new album out, and fromthe sound of it, it's going to be awesome. Can't wait for the tour, too.

Avoiding carbohydrates is helpful. Roger has the fitness to carry on.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

''He's repeating himself musically''

Then you praise Roger Waters a guy who played the same old material note for note in the last 500 shows he did.

Low energy? His voice is in much better shape at 70 than Roger at 50 (without cheating) let alone his guitar tone kills the whole Waters cover band sound.

Oh yeah and that article was fake.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Follix wrote:''He's repeating himself musically''

Then you praise Roger Waters a guy who played the same old material note for note in the last 500 shows he did.

Low energy? His voice is in much better shape at 70 than Roger at 50 (without cheating) let alone his guitar tone kills the whole Waters cover band sound.

Oh yeah and that article was fake.
Wonder if he'll actually go and experience one of Rogers shows or just give his periscope review same as for Dave's tour

As someone who actually attended 3 gigs from his last tour, they were anything but low energy. But then the infantile troll knows that anyway
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

The new Waters album is sounding cool! Can't wait.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Flathead wrote:Sad, but realistic. Dave's shows just have been low energy for a long time. His band has been too smooth, too polished.

He's repeating himself musically, too, and he's not in great shape.

I'd love to know how you actually came up with this analysis?

On the contrary, your opinion might be shared by such a tiny, miniscule, atom sized minority of people who saw the tour but no one I've spoken to on forums, friends, aquaintances etc has anything but a 'wow' factor about them from the shows.

His soloing, playing etc was extremely energetic, emotional, hair raising and wonderful to hear especially towards the end of the tour.
It seemed like he'd reached just the right temperature so to speak.

The band may well have been 'polished' but that's the way many of us like it. I want to hear how it sounds on the record by and large.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

They weren't particularly polished anyway. There were times when Dave got wry smiles from his band members for deviating a bit and extending solos and things like that.

If you want polished, mechanical and robotic, well I can think of another former Pink Floyd member who's current set up actually does fit that description to a degree
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

^ Exactly what I think, Jon Carin said it a couples years ago that the other guy want it note by note every night just like if it was classical music. For me it strongly deviate from what should be the goal of a rock concert.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

There was more improvisation in Davids last tour then Roger did on his last run of shows in Mexico and at Desert Trip put together. Roger has click tracks backing tracks etc David has none of that and the band can be free i mean Steve D his playing on this tour has been incredible especially during Sorrow In Any Tongue, One Of These Days, Today CN, Fat Old Sun.

One of These Days perfect example between Roger and Davids Rogers version is boring has no passion in it lack of energy while Davids version is full of energy. Roger took OOTD's and sucked the energy out of it when he played it every video i have seen of OOTD by Roger i find very boring.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

azza200 wrote:TRoger took OOTD's and sucked the energy out of it when he played it every video i have seen of OOTD by Roger i find very boring.

the opposite is true. listen to how raw his bass is, sounds like the original, not the sterile, studio-session musician sheen of Guy Pratt's awfulness.