Rattle Tour Dvd/CD Release

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Re: Rattle Tour Dvd/CD Release

Post by Jezebelly »

kjek1 wrote:Nothing. I'm not even aware of any of the gigs being professionally shot

I do know however that the guy who makes the little documentaries for his DVDs went with him on the tour so there's bound to be "something"

I was at both nights in Pompei, and there were a LOT of cameras both nights. There was a big camera rig on the right side facing the stage, a couple of guys walking up on the stands with cameras, two giant camera stands built on either side in the back and a bunch of drones.

Rumor is that they're working on it now on Astoria. But that's just a rumor and I'm not sure how reliable the source is. It gives me hope though!
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

UsNotThem wrote:I hope the last date of the RAH gigs were filmed. Comfortably Numb's final solo from that night rivalled that on Pulse, I was absolutely blown away.
Seriously. 29/9/16 he was so smoking hot he could barely break Money down, but 30/9/16 he burned the house down with that last solo on CN. I'm still not over it.
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

Follix wrote:I've seen like 60% of the Tour via streaming, and agree the last show was an amazing CN version indeed. I mean he had some struggles during the Tour, it was very inconsistent in the first leg, then he came back stronger in South America, to be somewhat inconsistent in North America and came back much stronger during the last leg.

I can also remember he nailed Sorrow in LA Bowl and the show I assisted in Toronto I was blown away by Faces of Stone.
I think the best night in LA was the second night at the Hollywood Bowl. They got the sound exactly right and he was ON. Sorrow at the Chicago Auditorium Theater was amazing and he blistered my face on the last night in Chicago at the United Center with CN.

He's just so so so good.