Live at Pompeii CD, Vinyl, DVD, Bluray & Deluxe in 2017

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
User avatar
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Posts: 8256
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:33 pm
Location: Vortex spiral...its cool!

Live at Pompeii CD, Vinyl, DVD, Bluray & Deluxe in 2017

Post by nosaj » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:47 pm

The interwebs and the more obsessed PF fans have discovered a 60 minute version appears to be in the works for television or maybe movie theatres...BUT, I want a full concert on bluray and CD soon.
Last edited by nosaj on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jezebelly
Axe
Axe
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by Jezebelly » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:02 am

I'm with you. 60 minutes?! What about the other 120 minutes?!

I can't wait to see the DVD!

kjek1
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by kjek1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:23 pm

I've yet to see even one indication of an official DVD release from any of those shows yet.

Jezebelly
Axe
Axe
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by Jezebelly » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:50 pm

kjek1 wrote:I've yet to see even one indication of an official DVD release from any of those shows yet.
same. but i have seen an ad that *looks* official promoting a 60 minute version. if it is true, i hope the 60 minute version is an edit for tv.

i was at both pompeii shows last july. to skip the other 120 minutes would be a tragedy. gilmour has never cut his films off prematurely before, so i hope he doesn't this time. AND i hope a dvd from pompeii includes him scolding the crowd about echoes. (happened on night 2, friday 8 luglio).

those two shows were magnificent. transcendent.

kjek1
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by kjek1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Jezebelly wrote:
kjek1 wrote:I've yet to see even one indication of an official DVD release from any of those shows yet.
same. but i have seen an ad that *looks* official promoting a 60 minute version. if it is true, i hope the 60 minute version is an edit for tv.

i was at both pompeii shows last july. to skip the other 120 minutes would be a tragedy. gilmour has never cut his films off prematurely before, so i hope he doesn't this time. AND i hope a dvd from pompeii includes him scolding the crowd about echoes. (happened on night 2, friday 8 luglio).

those two shows were magnificent. transcendent.
Scolding the crowd? What did he say?

Jezebelly
Axe
Axe
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by Jezebelly » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:12 am

kjek1 wrote: Scolding the crowd? What did he say?
The crowd had been singing echoes at him (both nights actually,) and finally he said, "look guys. echoes is a lovely song. lovely song. but it's kind of a conversation between two people and rick is dead. so we don't do that one anymore. much though i've loved playing it. non possiamo."

night two, friday july 8, just before he played Today.

User avatar
theaussiefloydian
Blade
Blade
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by theaussiefloydian » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Good for Gilmour. It would be utterly wrong for him to play 'Echoes' without Rick.

kjek1
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by kjek1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 pm

I'm really glad he didn't. Plus pulling it out just for Pompeii would have left those who attended the other shows feeling short changed.

Seeing him and Rick play Echoes live at the Albert Hall in 2006 is still the highlight of my gigging experiences.

kjek1
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by kjek1 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:04 pm

So his wife posted a photo of David working with Director Gavin elder on Pompeii footage

So it's either a DVD or made for TV show

User avatar
azza200
Judge!
Judge!
Posts: 2018
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:18 pm

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by azza200 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Its a DVD-Blu Ray release which will have a 60 min edited broadcast on tv to promote it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTuJDRAFp79/ & the name of the release could be by going one of the hashtags "return to pompeii"

kjek1
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by kjek1 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Where's the confirmation it's a blu-ray?

Either way I can't wait.

User avatar
azza200
Judge!
Judge!
Posts: 2018
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:18 pm

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by azza200 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:37 pm

in the tweet has #4k & most releases are now both formats

Flathead
Knife
Knife
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by Flathead » Sat May 06, 2017 2:37 am

theaussiefloydian wrote:Good for Gilmour. It would be utterly wrong for him to play 'Echoes' without Rick.

Or "Money" without Roger.

kjek1
Hammer
Hammer
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by kjek1 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:18 am

Flathead wrote:
theaussiefloydian wrote:Good for Gilmour. It would be utterly wrong for him to play 'Echoes' without Rick.

Or "Money" without Roger.
Yeah because Rogers role in playing Money is huge

raisemyrent
Knife
Knife
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Re: Live at Pompeii DVD in 2017

Post by raisemyrent » Mon May 08, 2017 6:39 am

Well duh! He wrote it!
As in he wrote a clumsy riff in 7s with silly lyrics (out of context they're kind of stupid), to which the band added a progression to 4s and a sax and crazy guitar solo. But it's all Roger otherwise. Genius.