Live at Pompeii CD, Vinyl, DVD, Bluray & Deluxe in 2017

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Live at Pompeii CD, Vinyl, DVD, Bluray & Deluxe in 2017

Post by twcc »

raisemyrent wrote:... Anyone know how to find the version with BC at the Royal Albert Hall? I’m confused... still working through every title...
I couldn't find it on my UK version of the 4-disc 'so called' Deluxe Edition ... I assume different territories get a different track list.

I love the Pompeii concert and have watched/listened to it a few times. However, once you've played the extras and the documentaries once that's enough ... unless like me you scan through looking for the missing BC track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaaoTvEdKtA
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

thanks for the response. Agreed; it's a nice pass through, and a close document of the tour we witnessed 7 different times. We enjoyed watching the documentaries because we were there for a show in each except for south america, and it was cool to see behind the scenes, and know that we were part of the crowds at times.

I'm convinced now that listing the show with Benedict C. is a mistake on Amazon's behalf. It is not listed at all on the official store. It is only listed on amazon (both UK and canada for one). Canada does seem to get an imported UK/US copy, though, judging by the eternal shipping time. maybe it was removed last minute, or at least after they had received that information for their inventory. Fact is I cannot find it. I was there that night, so it would hold special over and above the pompeii show (sorry) for us. The official bootleg uploaded to youtube cuts the solo out, I assumed at the time, in anticipation of an official release. On that note, the Europe 2016 documentary, as far as I recall, does NOT cover the royal albert hall shows AT ALL. This is VERY suspicious. I can now hope that an edited version from all nights (4) is released eventually, not unlike what was done in 2006-2007 with Gdansk and the Hall (albeit in a different order). Here's to hoping and fan theories...
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

What did you think of the track listing for the TV version? I was a bit disappointed with it, as were a couple of erstwhile NPF-ers I was chatting to on Facebook as it aired. Two of us had gone to the cinema showing (and one had been to the actual Pompeii show) so we had a fair idea of what had been played. My theory, for what it's worth, is that the track-listing was a victim of two factors. The need to plug Rattle that Lock and to include Wish You Were Here and Comfortably Numb. It's a real shame they had to lose the wonderful version of High Hopes (running time of nearly 10 minutes did for that methinks), Breathe/Time, Run Like Hell and One of These Days. The only consolation is that they also jettisoned the borefest that is A Boat Lies Waiting.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I still plan to buy the Blu-Ray, so I'm not too cut up about the missing songs. Though, I noticed the jumps.

To me, Sorrow is an underrated song, so I really appreciated seeing it in the BBC version.

Since I did see it in a local theatre as well, the television broadcast was just a nice little bonus.

EDIT: Just bought the blu-ray, albeit it'll be ready for me to collect in a couple of days.

YAY! Arrived today. Will be watching it once the UK Strongest Man heat is finished.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I was too stingy to buy the special edition.

But, I'm curious to read that it has Jon Carin singing lead on 'Time'. How does that sound? I remember how impressed I was with a lead vocal he did for Dogs for a Rog. concert.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

I just watched the Bbc version and an enjoyable experience in as far as that the track listing was unknown and pleasantly surprised that Sorrow made the cut. A great song played particularly well on the night - nailed it in my opinion !

I think the whole show is excellent and my only criticism would be the lasers. I was at two of the RAH gigs and came away with the same feeling that they had some great laser effects and just seemed use absolutely all of it for CN, would have been nice for a smattering during other parts of the show.

Very cool return to Pompeii
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I think it's a pity they didn't include Run Like Hell on the TV version. The pyrotechnics at the end of that were nothing short of spectacular.
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

Yea, he ended that one by creating his own volcano......
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

:lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Finally received the deluxe version yesterday. It was a pleasure to watch last night.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Now he's only gone and uploaded the whole thing onto YouTube!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/can-now- ... be-2486731
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

His older concert DVDs (Meltdown and the two On an Island tour ones) are uploaded onto YouTube too. I wonder why? Is it because at this stage hardly anyone is buying the DVDs anyway? Or is it part of this decluttering that he seems to be doing? I follow Polly's Instagram account and it does look like he's happier hanging out with his family, walking the dog and wearing wellies a lot.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

It's just a way to monetize his catalog even further - PF is already doing it with EY video content and I predict they'll start putting the rest of it (PULSE, Pompeii, DSOT) on YouTube soon as well...
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Actually I don't like it one bit, either the selling of the guitars or the YouTube thing. I might be wrong (and I hope I am), but it feels like a "that's it folks" from his end entirely.