Rattle That Lock tour now 2 years behind us!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Rattle That Lock tour now 2 years behind us!

Post by moodyblue »

I was sitting in the Albert Hall this week listening to Rodriguez playing his long lost songs thinking back to this time two years ago. David Gilmour of course played the last of his shows in that very same venue. I was incredibly lucky enough to have seen all those final shows at the RAH and every time I have returned to see another band since, those concerts always come to the fore in my thoughts.
None of us know whether Mr Gilmour will ever venture out live again or if he'll ever produce any new music but the hope remains.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Rattle That Lock tour now 2 years behind us!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

It seems like it was only released the other day as well! Not sure if he'll tour it, but with both Roger and even Nick having solo adventures I can't see Dave letting them have the last word.
learningtofly
Axe
Axe

Post by learningtofly »

3 years since the LP was released/tour started!

Well, he has the best part of another LP already in the bag according to interviews. Time’s running out realistically, his vocals were suffering on the RTL dates from what I could see, I’d therefore imagine that material will come out sooner rather than later.

In terms of touring, if any – I’d see an even more curtailed jaunt around key European venues to start with, and a bit like Ritchie with Rainbow, if he feels ok he’ll add some more.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

learningtofly wrote:Time’s running out realistically, his vocals were suffering on the RTL dates from what I could see, I’d therefore imagine that material will come out sooner rather than later.
That's definitely the case on the show I saw, and similarly on the Pompeii live video.

The key failure, I think, of many singers (Geddy Lee also comes to mind) is not singing much or at all between tours. Then when you go out on tour the voice quickly gives out because it hasn't been kept strong. Vocal exercises and warming up become more and more important as you get older. If David will tour again, he needs to change his approach to reflect this.
Jezebelly
Axe
Axe

Post by Jezebelly »

He had a voice that would make angels jealous when I saw him.

Where did you see him?

I saw all the los angeles shows, the chicago shows, both nights in pompeii and the last two at royal albert hall. it was rapture.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

I saw him in Wiesbaden. When he started "Coming Back to Life" I feared his voice might give out any second :(

I heard he was great at the RAH though. Wish there was a live album from those shows.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Agreed, the recent RAH shows would be nice to have ... you'll have to make do with glorious 5.1 versions on Blu-ray of 'Live in Pompeii' or 'Remember That Night: Live at the Royal Albert Hall' from 2007; the 2007 set is particularly good as it features Richard Wright and David Bowie.

<ii>
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

I have both of those already 8) Remember That Night just as DVD, though.

I admit I haven't watched or listened to Pompeii much either.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Maybe it's time for Dave to start working on something new then :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yes I must agree, a new album would be a treat. Something to look forward to. 8)
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I'm sure that Dave said that he was going to get onto the next album quickly after RtL, as he had a whole lot more material.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I hope so. I think he is messing about building a big house on Brighton waterfront currently. I hope he is living in his studio recording during the building process!
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Marillion already did a song called "Drilling Holes", need no DG version of it. :lol:
Neil
Axe
Axe

Post by Neil »

DarkSideFreak wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm I heard he was great at the RAH though. Wish there was a live album from those shows.
I managed to get hold of a recording of the penultimate night at RAH (which I attended). Sound quality is really very good. PM me if you want any further details.
fedeg84
Embryo
Embryo

Post by fedeg84 »

Neil wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:23 am
DarkSideFreak wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:03 pm I heard he was great at the RAH though. Wish there was a live album from those shows.
I managed to get hold of a recording of the penultimate night at RAH (which I attended). Sound quality is really very good. PM me if you want any further details.
Hey is this for real? Can you PM some details? I can't create PM myself in the forum yet.