ROGER WATERS IN HYDE PARK 1st JULY & THE WHO ON 2nd JULY

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
vickyc007
Axe
Axe

ROGER WATERS IN HYDE PARK 1st JULY & THE WHO ON 2nd JULY

Post by vickyc007 »

Tickets are also available TOMORROW at 9am via Virgin Radio Website. Otherwise they are on sale on Friday

EDIT: Tickets are available TODAY from http://www.ticketrush.co.uk. It's a bit more expensive as you pay a ?7.50 charge to avoid the crowds and beat the pre-sale but at least you can guarantee you'll get them from Ticketmaster.

HYDE PARK CALLING?, JULY 1st & 2nd, PROMISES TO BE THE MUSIC EVENT OF THE SUMMER

Roger Waters and The Who headline weekend festival in the heart of London. Razorlight and Texas will also perform with many more acts still to be announced.

Roger Waters performing Pink Floyd?s ?The Dark Side of the Moon? in it?s entirety as part of his set for the only time in the UK this year and The Who, playing a full set in London?s Hyde Park for the first time in 10 years are the headline acts for a magnificent new two-day festival taking place in London?s Hyde Park on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd July.

Hyde Park Calling, produced by Live Nation and sponsored by the Hard Rock Cafe, will be a unique and historic musical event with a main stage, second stage and many surprises in store for music and festival fans of all ages. Razorlight, who ? like The Who and Pink Floyd ? were amongst the most memorable acts at last summer?s Live 8 show, will also be performing along with Texas. Roger Daltrey met Razorlight at Live 8 last year and was so impressed that he?s delighted they will join The Who on Sunday 2nd July. ?They?re a great band who I love and the kids love,? says Daltrey.

Both day tickets and weekend tickets will be available - ?42.50 per day or ?80 for the whole weekend. Gates will open at 3pm each day.

Tickets are expected to sell out very quickly so a special offer has been set up through http://www.ticketrush.co.uk where tickets can be purchased by SMS. After registering, festival-goers will receive free SMS alerts on-going so they will be the first to know about great concerts. There is also a chance for the first 100 purchases of Hyde Park Calling tickets through the SMS method to take advantage of a fantastic 2 for 1 ticket offer. Furthermore, two VIP packages to Hyde Park Calling will be up for grabs for one lucky person who registers their details with Ticketrush.

Roger Waters headlines on Saturday 1st July and will be performing Pink Floyd?s legendary ?The Dark Side of the Moon? album as part of his set. Released in March 1973, the ?The Dark Side of the Moon? album is widely regarded by critics and fans alike as Pink Floyd?s masterpiece ? the album spent a record 28 YEARS in the American album chart. This will be Waters? only British performance of ?The Dark Side of the Moon? during 2006. Expect an amazing light show and a truly unforgettable evening. Texas will also be performing on the Saturday.

The Who will close Hyde Park Calling by headlining on Sunday 2nd July, a year to the day since they performed a dynamic set at Live 8 and almost 10 years to the day since they last appeared in Hyde Park. The band, who remain one of the most exciting live groups in the world even in their 4th decade at the top, are working on a new studio album which is due for release later in 2006 and would be the first new album for 24 years. The Who are an integral part of British rock history and this London show will be unmissable. Razorlight are the first band to announce that they are also performing on the Sunday.

Who singer, Roger Daltrey, said: ?Judging by the recent success of the Tommy/Quadrophenia DVD,there's a large audience of young people who have never seen The Who live.This will give them the chance. It will also give me the chance to play with the band I love. Maybe for the last time. No one plays the music we created better than we do. I'm going to enjoy it.?

Roger Waters added: "I really enjoyed playing Live 8 last year, so appearing at Hyde Park Calling will be great".

Live Nation?s Managing Director Stuart Galbraith said: ?The quality of the acts performing at Hyde Park Calling makes this an incredibly special weekend of entertainment. We?re delighted to be working with The Who, Roger Waters and the Hard Rock Cafe to make this truly spectacular and I hope this event will become a regular fixture in London?s event calendar for years to come.?

Hard Rock Cafe?s Vice President of Operations for Europe, Calum Macpherson, says: ?Hard Rock International is delighted to be involved in such an iconic event. It is fantastic that Hard Rock is getting back to its musical roots with such great British rock artists and in such a renowned music venue.?

Tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 10th March and are available from the following outlets:

Credit Card Hotline; 0870 400 0688 (24hrs) (subject to booking fee)

Buy online at http://www.getLIVE.co.uk http://www.ticketrush.co.uk for tickets and info to your mobile

For new additions to the line up and more info go to http://www.hydeparkcalling.co.uk
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Looks like another trip to London is in order.... The lengths we go to for music!!
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

It'll be really neat if Roger sings Dave's parts on those songs.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

It's either a gold circle ticket or nothing for me :o :)

Must find out how to get them :smt017
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i gots to gets me a tickets.......

i no have credit card maan..

they will be sold in minutes on the tinternet ... i will see who wants to go tomoz and see if they have a credit card to use .. :wink:
amalyc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by amalyc »

thrill-seeker wrote:It's either a gold circle ticket or nothing for me :o :)

Must find out how to get them :smt017
When you do, can you post the info here ?

Gold circle is a must...
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:It'll be really neat if Roger sings Dave's parts on those songs.
I didn't know Roger could sing.

If anyone is going, could u try and tape the show, so we can get it up on the NPF tracker (which should be up by then). Would be sweet :D.
vickyc007
Axe
Axe

Post by vickyc007 »

The Festival sites are saying there isn't going to be a Gold Circle. You only need one if more than 150,000 people are going to be there and this concert apparently has a limit of only 50,000 people per day!
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

Me and David Smith are going. :D
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

vickyc007 wrote:The Festival sites are saying there isn't going to be a Gold Circle. You only need one if more than 150,000 people are going to be there and this concert apparently has a limit of only 50,000 people per day!
Thanks for the info vicky....I'm just going to get myself tickets now :D
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

There's already assholes selling them on e-bay

Bastards should be rounded up and shot :evil:
henno

Post by henno »

jambo wrote:
The Gunner's Dream wrote:It'll be really neat if Roger sings Dave's parts on those songs.
I didn't know Roger could sing.

If anyone is going, could u try and tape the show, so we can get it up on the NPF tracker (which should be up by then). Would be sweet :D.
I'll try my best to get the cork gig on roio,....im going to test th eprocess at the aussie floyd on 25 march....
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Right ok there's none left :cry:
Looks like I'll have to try at 9am tomorrow :(

While I serached for tickets on ticketrush there was an option for "best available" or "general admissions" which makes me think there is a gold circle. Both didn't have any pres-sale tickets left :(

EDIT : I've just bought myself 1 ticket for the Saturday to see Roger Waters. I wanted a weekend ticket but none left though it's really just Roger I want to see. Hopefuly The Who will announce some other gigs.
:D

EDIT #2 : It's not accepting my card. Nooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :?:
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

Just bought 5 tickets woo hoo :D see you's darn sarf
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I managed to get my ticket last night :D

But now I've read there is VIP tickets available :shock:

Noooooooooo :smt022