ROGER WATERS IN HYDE PARK 1st JULY & THE WHO ON 2nd JULY

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
monkeyforce
Axe
Axe

Post by monkeyforce »

http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region ... ce=ccehosp

VIP packages are shit! It's not gold circle, just a backstage BBQ for ?106.50!!! It's a fucking rip-off! If you want though it's in the linky above, and you can buy even if you already have admission tickets!
Believe me though, I've worked at these events, and the artists won't be seen dead near these areas, so don't get your hopes up! Save your money and have a beer around the front with the real people!
Sorry to be so negative, but it winds me up how Clear Channel rape people for money like that! :evil:
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Thanks monekyfoce :) I was just a bit confused as I saw yesturday the plan for Hyde Park "seating" and there wasn't a Gold circle area featured but today I had read there was. Thanks for clearing it up....I would only buy VIP tickets if there was a chance to actually see Roger....but I think this event is just too big for that to happen :)
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

I see no Gold Circle for this gig. It's first come, first to get to the front. :D

The one thing that pisses me off is the other rubbish that some of us have to sit through.
Razorlight.....jesus Christ, it were bad enough listening to these young pretenders at Queen last year and now i have to suffer it all again....Wheres my ear plugs ?

Texas.,....Fuck me, now i swear someone up there don't like me ! 'Sell outs' if ever there were a band. That daft scottish tart hogging everything about this band.....tell me, is there an actual 'Texas' band or is it her + backing tape or her + cardboard moving cutouts ?

Primal fucking scream......I swear i am gonna scream if i have to sit and listen to this egotistical shit coming from the stage !
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I got mine through the Virgin pre-order last week so I'll be there, yay, so whos up for an NPF meet up then??? should be able to round up a posse shouldnt we??? Im sure someone must have pointed this out already but it would have been a nice touch if Waters was on the Sunday and The Who on the saturday, would have made a neat 1 year anniversary :D looks like the rest of the lineup on the Waters day is pretty dire, Primal Scream can play as much as they like from Screamadelica, I can live with that, in fact Id be rather pleased, but other than that I dont really care much for what else is happening that day besides Waters

The Wireless festival is the week before it, doing a day there again too with a cool lineup...Depeche Mode, Bauhaus and Thomas Dolby!! should be fun, Goldfrapp are playing as well but im really starting to find them tiresome. They're doing the same VIP packages for that too, all it is is a BBQ under shelter and nicer thunderboxes, not worth it really. Theres more than one stage at the Wireless festival so perhaps there might be other option during the Hyde Park Calling fest too???
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

simpledumbpilot wrote: I got mine through the Virgin pre-order last week so I'll be there, yay, so whos up for an NPF meet up then??? should be able to round up a posse shouldnt we???
:D You can count me in anyway :D 8)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I think I might have to be there too..

Has it sold out yet?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

PublicImage wrote: Has it sold out yet?
I don't know but I think you better hurry up :o :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

PublicImage wrote:I think I might have to be there too..

Has it sold out yet?
I think youre still alright, heres the link...

http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp ... iller1=see
thrill-seeker wrote:
simpledumbpilot wrote: I got mine through the Virgin pre-order last week so I'll be there, yay, so whos up for an NPF meet up then??? should be able to round up a posse shouldnt we???
:D You can count me in anyway :D 8)
Cool, so so far we have...

Thrill-seeker
simpledumbpilot
Jonesy (who I believe is up for a meet up)
David Smith and Gem (who are hopefully up for meeting up???)

Have I missed anyone??
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Well I better just say that I won't be staying in a hostel or anything...I hoping to pitch a tent right outside one of the entrances. Once they open I plan to run like hell to the front :lol:

Anyone else thinking of camping out ? :lol:
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

simpledumbpilot wrote:so so far we have...

Thrill-seeker
simpledumbpilot
Jonesy (who I believe is up for a meet up)
David Smith and Gem (who are hopefully up for meeting up???)
:smt023
thrill-seeker wrote:Anyone else thinking of camping out ? :lol:
No, but I plan to be there very early.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

thrill-seeker wrote:Anyone else thinking of camping out ? :lol:
Sounds like a good idea! :o :lol:
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Well you all are very welcome to have a couple of beers in my tent then :lol:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

what do you do with your tent when you run like hell
to the front of the stage?
carry it around for the rest of the day?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

J Ed wrote:what do you do with your tent when you run like hell
to the front of the stage?
carry it around for the rest of the day?
Well in a way....yes :lol: Once I get to the front I won't be wondering around and I will be able to "run" with it :) I saw loads do the same before the live8 concert....I see no reason why I couldn't do the same :)
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

thrill-seeker wrote:I won't be staying in a hostel or anything...I hoping to pitch a tent right outside one of the entrances.
You can save me a place in the queue then. :D

My mother's bought a ticket too. I don't know if I should subject her to you debauched cretins. :lol: