ROGER WATERS IN HYDE PARK 1st JULY & THE WHO ON 2nd JULY

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

fair enough then :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

simpledumbpilot wrote:David Smith and Gem (who are hopefully up for meeting up???)
Totally

So is everyone coming to London the night before or what? I was aiming to get there on the Friday afternoon for some exporation and acitivity the day before should anyone be up for meeting early, or in a pub that night

Might even catch a rehersal again :)
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

David Smith wrote:So is everyone coming to London the night before or what? I was aiming to get there on the Friday afternoon for some exporation and acitivity the day before should anyone be up for meeting early, or in a pub that night
I plan on travelling to London on Friday too. I want to be outside Hyde Park early on Saturday.
Last edited by Gem on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Gem. wrote:
David Smith wrote:So is everyone coming to London the night before or what? I was aiming to get there on the Friday afternoon for some exporation and acitivity the day before should anyone be up for meeting early, or in a pub that night
I plan on travelling to London on Friday too. I want to be outside Hyde Park early on Saturday.
Last time's meeting was nine so anything similar to that would do me very well :)
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I'm thinking of coming down the night before....I'll have to see though :? I'll get back to you on that one :)
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i think were gonna set off early morn saturday about six ish from manchester to london.. or what ever the earlyist time possible is from manchester i'll have to start finding out asap cos the tickets are cheaper if you buy a good few weeks before you travel....
right im of to have a look at ticket prices be prepared for my next post if there any dearer than last time .... :twisted:
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

thrill-seeker wrote:I'm thinking of coming down the night before....I'll have to see though :? I'll get back to you on that one :)
Coming from up north i'd have thought you would be best going the night before.

If the show starts at 14:00 then doors open at 12. Now keep in mind it takes 9 hours for me to get from Edinburgh to London, you're coming from the west so it's gonna be that little bit longer, so in other words, you'd be leaving your house about 2 am :?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I believe the show starts at 4 and the gates open at 2 but that cant be right can it?? It doesnt ring true somehow but Im sure I read that when I got the tickets, Im confused now.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I believe the show starts at 4 and the gates open at 2 but that cant be right can it?? It doesnt ring true somehow but Im sure I read that when I got the tickets, Im confused now.
Hmm, well you're probably right actually :)
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

i heard that the gates open at 2.00 ...
what dya reckon to takin beer in there, spirits or cans or both ??
the live 8 did my head in sayin they wont let beer in and they wont be selling any ....and they didnt even check us on the way in and they were sellin beer and wine for stupid prices . :roll:
whats the usual script at the hyde park gigs.. stu you've been to a few what they like when you get let in .?????
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

jonesy wrote:i heard that the gates open at 2.00 ...
what dya reckon to takin beer in there, spirits or cans or both ??
the live 8 did my head in sayin they wont let beer in and they wont be selling any ....and they didnt even check us on the way in and they were sellin beer and wine for stupid prices . :roll:
whats the usual script at the hyde park gigs.. stu you've been to a few what they like when you get let in .?????
I'll be there the week before for one of the Wireless festival days so I'll be able to give you a proper lowdown on it then, Hyde Park gigs tend to vary, they were searching at Live 8 and Simon and Garfunkel but festival ones tend to be a bit more laid back, I'll keep you posted, you should be able to get a bottle of Vodka or something similar in no problems tho, not sure what view theyd take on bags of cans tho, I'll keep an eye out to see what they're up to on the way in.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Well Im not going to Hyde park but i am going to Cork to see Rog at the Marque festival on the 29th.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

David Smith wrote:
thrill-seeker wrote:I'm thinking of coming down the night before....I'll have to see though :? I'll get back to you on that one :)
Coming from up north i'd have thought you would be best going the night before.

If the show starts at 14:00 then doors open at 12. Now keep in mind it takes 9 hours for me to get from Edinburgh to London, you're coming from the west so it's gonna be that little bit longer, so in other words, you'd be leaving your house about 2 am :?
There's usually a bus that leaves around 10pm from Glasgow so that gets me in at around 6am....I could do that but I might just come down the night before...haven't decided yet :)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

You folks might find this useful...

http://www.nationalexpress.com/save/goa ... eneral.cfm

Only 9 quid by coach, it'll be a lengthy journey but if youre coming down the day before its a bargain.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Rail it pretty cheap too if you book in advance. From near Liverpool, it is about ?15 if you book a week in advance I think.